Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Fall! Does anyone have any goals, NSV's especially for fall?

I also like being able to wear boots because my calves now actually fit in them! Also, this year I get to wear small and extra small jackets which is exciting for me. Before weight loss and a brachioplasty my arms never fit in the tight arms of smaller winter jackets...I was like the incredible hulk busting out the back when I tried to squeeze my arms in. Now, my arms no longer have wings and they fit into all the sleeves that never worked before. Yay. :)

@AvaFern not on the subject that is posted... but your arm surgery ... how long was it? how long was the recovery time? I don't care what kind of scars i'll have ... but are they under your arm? are they long?

I've had wings my whole life .... and of course with 80lbs gone so far ... they are just so terrible .... makes me wanna cry ...

so when I read that you had surgery for that ... I just thought I'd ask a few questions ... hope you don't mind ...

thank you!

@@AvaFern Are the scars bad? I've thought about doing that but I'm afraid of the scars. I can hide a TT and breast lift/implants but not arms unless I wear long sleeves, which I do always.

* TALL BOOTS --- Figures that this year when I *might* fit into tall boots, booties are in :). I have a new pair of knee high boots still in the box from last Fall and have been too nervous to try them on. Status: Pending

* FOOTBALL GAMES -- Status: Complete! Went to a football game and didn't care how far away we tailgated, climbed to nosebleed seats without gasping for air, didn't care I wasn't drinking alcohol and stuffing my face.

* OLD COATS - Status: Complete! Went through my closet and got rid of the big coats and kept the cute jackets from years ago (yes, some are still in style :)).

I love this time of year! Especially when layers are acceptable - even though I don't need to hide as much!

1. Last year i tried to get boots and my calves were too big to zip them up. This year I've bought a pair and those bad boys zip right on up.

2.i haven't dressed up for Halloween in so long but this year i am. In the past I've always been shy about dressing up cause it was hard to find a costume in my size. But this year I'm dressing up as pam from the show archer. I've told my friends that, fingers crossed, this will bethe last year I'll be fat enough to be her. Haha

@@Elode

I was really self-conscious about my brachioplasty scars this summer. I had the surgery in November, so it hasn't even been a full year yet. I had the scars placed right along the place a seam runs in a long sleeve shirt along the back of my arm, so you can't see it at all from the front and you can only see the scars if you look from the back. I also used the Embrace strips so that there would be no spreading of the scar. Overall, if I had to choose, I would go with the surgery all over again because my arms look exponentially better. I can put make-up on the scars and most people don't notice them. I do still feel sometime self-conscious about the scars, but they are continuing to fade and in a few years I really doubt I will notice them much at all. The before version of my arms was so much worse than the scars that I thought it was an acceptable trade off. Also, if you already wear long sleeves all the time anyway, which I tend to do because I'm always cold, this way you would still have more contoured arms and you'd fit in smaller tops, and no one could see the scar anyway. :)

There are some good ones here. I can't really think of a NSV for the fall and I have been trying.

I have knee high and thigh boots that will be too large pretty soon, but I won't be at goal this fall to buy new ones. I feel like being not so far out from surgery winter is mainly going to suck with all my clothes/boots being too big.

I love tall boots & haven't trued them on yet! I need to!!!!! ???? I have gotten into my old jeans from 3,years ago & that's soooo exciting to me! I haven't worn jeans in 3 years! I don't like the way I look fat in jeans so I never wore them. I LOVE LOVE LOVE jeans! They truly are my guilty pleasure lol,???????? so getting back into my jeans has been HUGE for me!! I think I will try tall boots this weekend!! We are going pumpkin picking this weekend with the kids & for once its so nice to WANT TO BE IN PICS with my family!!!! I actually am excited to get up on Saturdays & get dressed & do my hair & makeup & go out! Because I feel sexy! For years I felt disgusting & never wanted to go out or get out of PJs or yogas. I love to shop for clothes more! I can't wait for Christmas!! Lol

@@TealSister Look at you!!! Check, check and check those boots off!

Did it!

post-248900-14442588702804_thumb.jpg

@@AvaFern Thank you! Good to know all that just in case. It would be last on my list but something I may consider.

@@TealSister Look at you!!! Check, check and check those boots off!

Did it!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!! THEY LOOK AWESOME!!!

ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1444258868.855300.jpg