Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think you look amazing and should stop. Even if you lose 5 lbs, you will see something else and then want another 5 gone. It's a vicious cycle. I believe it's time to stop and enjoy maintenance now as a beautiful and thin woman.

Argh. You're probably right. I'm not sure if it's even up to me anyway. Its everything I can do to get in 1200-1500 calories a day as it is... Im still missing about .5 pounds a week. So most likely I'm going to slip down into the 115-120 range wether I want to or not regardless of what I do.

I'm just hoping that by the time that happens, my calories will come up higher and I really will reach maintianence. I fully realize I am very thin and have reached my goal.

You look incredible! I am 6 mos. out, and during my check up, my doctor said "I don't recommend that you lose anymore", even though I'm not at "goal" - an arbitrary number I picked prior to surgery, where I thought I'd be healthy and look great. I'm in the same boat as you and am lucky to even get 1000 calories in a day. When I asked my doctor how to stop losing (weird), he said my body will adjust. I don't see a thin person in the mirror and still think another 5lbs might not be a bad thing:but others see totally different. It's all a mind game when you are at the point we are now, and have been heavy most of our lives. I guess its a matter of psyching yourself out and beginning to accept the new you. Good luck to you!

I struggled with this very same thing and ended up adding 10 pounds to the goal I thought I wanted (135). We are very similar BMI today. After a year and 1/2 of maintaining about 145, I can say I still WANT to be at 135. Why? I'm not sure. Could I get there, absolutely. I've gained as much as 5 and take that off in a couple of weeks, so I CAN do it, what I find is I just choose not to. A BMI between 18 and 24 is healthy for the average built woman. In 5 more pounds, you'll still be healthy and probably wearing the same size. These are vanity pounds we're talking about. If you want 5 more pounds of wiggle room, go get it, but I think you look very healthy now!

@@fabnsab

That's how I've eaten from day one. I eat full fat cheese, butter, dressings, etc. I believe in real food in smaller quantities and no processed, low fat, low sugar crap! I find it keeps me satiated longer, too.

I think rather than focus on absolute weight, u can consider a healthy metric like % body fat reduction, improving muscle mass - which also helps in metabolism.

I think you look great though!

I'm still feeling like I shouldn't lose more but a part of me can't let go of wanting to. :( I'm at goal. Just need to accept it. post-235696-1444457748873_thumb.jpg

@@bellabloom, yes you are thin!! But you look wonderful and I have major envy!!(I am pre op).. btw.. is that at Anheim hills near the edwards cinema???

Nope. It's a movie theater in another town where I live. :)

It's easy to lose your perspective. When I lost 70 pounds before (I've yo-yo-ed a lot before my sleeve) I remember going into the Gap to buy some jeans and I weighed about 134 pounds which wasn't all that thin, I didn't think, and I wore a 00 size. I asked the girl at the counter, "don't you have a smaller size?" and she said no and I said, "well what do skinny girls wear?" and she looked at me dumbfounded and said, "you're skinny!" I couldn't get it through my head!

If you feel as though you want to lose another 5 pounds, I would by all means. I do not think you look too thin, you look great!

You and your doctor make the best decisions about your health! Public approval can be dangerous and destructive. This is about your health and maintenance. Make sure you are in a good head space and live forward!

I'm finding it very difficult to accept life at goal. I feel like I could still lose a little bit more before I stop.

I've been getting a lot of comments on how thin I am, and I know there are parts of my body that are. But there are parts of my body that are not as well.

I've been getting a lot of comments about how I'm so thin. I was told twice today that I'm so thin I may blow away.

I don't think I look "skinny". I think I look normal.

Anyway. What do you guys think? Without knowing the number- based on how I look. Am I at goal? Over it? Under it? Should I lose 5 more pounds? Be honest.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1443424318.628009.jpgattachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1443424334.853226.jpg

All I can say is WOW!!!! Personally I think you are where you should be and don't need to lose even 5 pounds. I hope I look that fantastic when I hit my goal!

Michelle

I can totally understand the thinking of "should I lose 5 more pounds?"...having yo-yo'd my whole life I think if I don't lose it now while I'm on a roll I'll be on my way up again. I've always had to plan for gaining as opposed to some thin people who are their same weight throughout life. Maybe it will just take some getting used to being thin and that whenever I do want to lose I know how now.