Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm I failing already!

Thanks, @@sleevenv ... all that's true.

And I look fabulous, dahling!

itfor me and ive lost 35 pounds. since the surgery. I thought having 1/3 of a stomach would keep me from gaining weight and tht I would lose it a easy.. which is not the case. I didn't realize that I have to live on Protein shakes and Water the rest of my life for any sort of weight loss!.. I STILL want to eat... I

itfor me and ive lost 35 pounds. since the surgery. I thought having 1/3 of a stomach would keep me from gaining weight and tht I would lose it a easy.. which is not the case. I didn't realize that I have to live on Protein shakes and Water the rest of my life for any sort of weight loss!.. I STILL want to eat... I

Where are you getting your information from? You don't live on Protein Shakes and Water for the rest of your life. You learn how to eat small, sensible meals. Some of us do supplement with an occasional Protein shake, but it's not a requirement. Just as many do not use them after the first few months.

UNLESS YOU ARE CHEATING WITH CARBS, SUGAR ETC THAT YOU KNOW YOU SHOULDN'T EAT.....THEN IN MY OPINION, IN NO WAY ARE YOU FAILING :)

Some people just weren't adequately informed before surgery. They want quick fixes and miracles.

I feel the same way I see so many people losing so much more I'm very discouraged right now

Who said anything about quick fixes and miracles? If I or anyone else feels discouraged then so be it. We are allowed .. Do you snack at all?

I don't think the intent is to invalidate anyone's feelings. Rather it's an attempt to help put things into perspective and possibly adjust expectations. Not everyone will have those big weight loss numbers, that doesn't mean they are failing. Unless these other people are your identical clone, you should NEVER compare yourself to another. There are too many mitigating factors; Age, starting weight, health, sex, etc.... to name just a few. Sadly what happens far too often is many folks think they are supposed to lose big numbers each and every day/week/month when the truth is many people are just slow and steady losers. That doesn't mean someone is a failure.

I am 8 months out and I can tell you that you are doing GREAT! The problem in you expectations. I had the same problem, I just knew a month out I would be down 50 lbs...not gonna happen (unless you in the over 400 lb club, then you might). You have done tremendous! You keep it up and you will continue to do tremendous. Keep in mind that this is a marathon not a sprint. The rate you are going will help you body adjust much better...changes are happening...I bet you already have more energy and feel better....embrace that. Weight loss is happening, it will continue to happened for quite sometime. Enjoy the ride!

To the OP -- re "snacking" ...

Yes, I snack, by which I mean I have 2 Snacks a day, e.g., berries and Greek yogurt, an apple and cheese.

What I do not do is "snack all day" -- and that's called more accurately "grazing." When you "graze" you just mindlessly nibble all day, and most people who do that have no idea how much they're eating.

Structured, protein-rich Snacks - yes.

Grazing, no!

I am so busy during the week that I don't get time to think about weight, I actually thought on my drive home I need to weigh myself! I did get a lot of compliments back at school today from students and trainers alike. The only negative about not thinking about it is I forget to eat, and drink! Might have to put a reminder on my phone!

Please remember this is not a race it is a journey!

You are losing great. I know some who have lost much less than that.. Just keep going.. and try not to compare yourself.. Your loss will slow down eventually anyway, just keep following your plan.

No no, that's not a small amount! I was 291 on my surgery date. 5 weeks out, I am just barely at 20 lbs under. That's a lot of weight to have lost! Some of the folks who have lost more didn't lose much before hand. On the other hand, I was 328 three months before my surgery, so I lost about 10lbs a month for three months before. I didn't have any "Water weight" to lose post surgery. I am just plugging along. I have to remind myself that 54 pounds in just over 4 months is a LOT of weight, and it's good. Remember, a bit slower gives your skin and connective tissue time to adjust!

In short, breathe, breathe! Happy place! You're fine!