Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone having surgery in Oct ?

I'm on day 4 of pre-op liquid. So far, it really hasn't been bad. The best thing about it is, it's making realize how often I go for food for so many reasons, none of them having to do with actual huger. Because I'm on liquid, I have to stop myself and realize I cannot have anything other than my shakes. These habits are super engrained in me. I always knew they were but never new how deep they went until now. The other thing about the liquid diet is it takes all of the stress out of figuring out what to eat. I know what I can have an that's it. Plus, I get to supplement with SF popsicles (just discovered the tropical ones - delish!) and sugar free Gelatin. Surgery in 4 days.. GAH!

Thanks all for the great advice (gotta get me some of that Biotin mouth spray), it's so incredibly helpful! :D

I was also quite excited when I found out there are tropical SF popsicle as well!

@@Karma J Riddell Henson & @@ASUgrad & @@avocadoPAK, I added you to our October surgery list in the main topics of PRE-operation Gastric Bypass Surgery Questions & Answers. You can see who is having surgery next & on the same day as you. Also you can send well wishes etc. to those who are having surgery!

Isn't any one else reconsidering from nerves

This Friday, October 2, is my surgery date. Excited, and a little nervous because reading about what this journey may be like is quite different than experiencing it first-hand.

You got this! I'm sure you've researched, read, and more. You're more than ready! I completely agree that it's much more different than reading about it. Buuuuut, how exciting it is to experience this journey first hand rather than reading. You can apply everything you've learned thus far. I'm a special ed teacher, we're always taught that you learn best when it's engaging and hands on. ???? Here it is, can't get any more hands on than this. I'm truly excited for you and wishing and praying for a smooth surgery, speedy and non complicated recovery. Please let us know how you're doing.

Isn't any one else reconsidering from nerves

No way! I'm too excited, I'm counting down the days, 13 days away. I want this too badly. I want my health and my girlish figure. I'm ready. ????

@kimvox66 I actually prefer the Orange, Cherry, Grape ones but I eat both.

Welcome to all. Great to see we are still adding folks.

@@avocadoPAK I am having my surgery 6 October as well. Mine will be in Fairfax, VA. I am going on my fourth week of liquid diet. It sounds like yours is different from mine. Good luck.

@@CHLOE12 Nothing wrong with having doubts. This is major surgery so you want to be sure. I am comfortable with my decision so far but I started my journey last year so I've had a LOT of time to think about it. I am scared, worried and anxious but not excited like a lot of other people.

Oh my gosh thank you for understanding I live alone and I think that is definitely factoring in

@@CHLOE12 I know what you mean. It's like you're definitely excited for this upcoming major change in your life, but then you stop for a second and start second guessing yourself like, Ohh crap can I really do this..!!!??? But we all can get over this hurdle and start living a healthier lifestyle. You got this!!!

New member. 30 y/o male, sleeve surgery is oct 9th!

Edited by jolms

Just an update: Had the hospital nurse call today to go over medical history. I have all pre-op labs and tests scheduled for Oct 5. These next few weeks are gonna fly by too fast. For the longest time I have been planning and all of a sudden I feel like I have nothing in place.

@@jolms Hello & welcome to our Oct. family. I will add your date to our surgery list! Your surgery is the day after mine!!! Im having gastric bypass.

Oct 3 with Dr Fernando Garcia in Tijuana! Soooo soon!

Just got my surgery date today October 26 . I'm exited and nervous at the same time, I'm worried about telling my job and actually getting the time off, I qualify for fmla I just feel like the can denie me the time off I really don't want to tell them.