Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 3 years after Band- Just Returned from Alaska did not gain even 1 lb

I cannot express how happy I am today. We went on a 7 day cruise to Alaska and I did not even gain one lb. First time in my life that I did not pack on at least 10 lbs while on vacation. A Cruise ship as you know has tons of food everywhere, but my band kept me in check. I ate a good bit of fish and some veggies. Did not do the Pasta or pizza . I did eat some frozen yogurt and one night I had lobster ravioli which was really light and delicious but couldn't eat the whole portion. I even drank some wine with dinner. One of the best things was riding horses in Skagway and watching whales in Juneau. I walked all over the ship everyday I explored . My niece and her husband joined us on the trip from Vegas, they are both younger than I am but both are out of shape. They said I was like the eveready bunny and they couldn't keep up. I cannot tell you how different I am today than 3 years ago. I am living the life I want and feel like a million bucks. I am so thankful for my lapband . post-141554-0-25471300-1440699567_thumb.jpg horseback riding in Skagway was great.

What a great story !

Unbelievable that many of us got a healthy life after taking a chance on our band.

Sharpie. There is food all over the ship at all times of day... And there are stairs all over , and a gym , and places to walk around at each port

So it is all about choices. And you made the right ones. Congratulations????

@@Sharpie

Great story and glad to hear you had a nice time in Alaska!

Love it that they couldn't keep up with you! Here's to living our lives and enjoying exercise. To being ABLE -- that's what I love.

Awesome post!

Congratulations on doing so well and sharing with us.

I love going on walks with the Grandchildren and they get tired before I do.

thanks guys, I am thankful everyone enjoyed my positive post. I talked to my niece today she said I have motivated her and her husband to get In better shape.. They could not believe how good I looked and how active I was. So, if even one person gets benefit from my story I am thrilled. Looking at another adventure for next year, thinking Canada to a dude ranch.

Great story ! Being healthy and strong vs. out of shape sure makes a difference , especially when traveling , doesn't it ? We told you that you were a great role model ! Now do you believe us ?? Can I say " I told you so !?" Congrats !!! ( P. S. and yes, I'm just a a little envious that you went horseback riding. In Alaska. Sigh.............)

awe Pink I am honored that you think I am a role model. The riding in Alaska was on my bucket list and I knew I had to be healthy and in shape to accomplish that. They had a height and weight limit to ride. I was just tall enough and my weight was not an issue.. thank the Lord. I didn't get to see much of Seattle but would like to go back one day. Alaska is amazing and it sure helps to be able to walk.. There is a lot of walking on the ship and on the land.