Where are all the 50 something bypass patients?

jrmoseley

Have you tried swimming? I swim 5 days a week at my YMCA. Swimming uses every muscle in your body. Low to no impact and age or skill does not apply! I wear a real swim suit, not a bathing suit, there is a big difference. Also I wear swim capris to cover my legs (personal choice) my thighs look like cottage cheese :-(

Also my doctor said I can take Tylenol for pain.

My GBP was Dec. 14th 2017. Just got back in the pool this morning. Boy did that feel good :-)

I'm down 23-lbs. as of this morning. Down 39 total since I started this process. Boy will I be glad to be down 65-lbs. like you!

Oh by the way, if you don't swim, our YMCA has a warm Water pool strictly for exercising. (Head never gets wet)

Good luck, keep up the hard work!

insul817

Good suggestion! that was my go-to exercise pre-surgery. Unfortunately, out local Y is in transition as a new building goes up this year, and the only gym in town with a pool is simply too expensive. I'm looking forward to the new pool later this year, but I'm not sure that even if it was open now, I'd make it there very often. It's simply too hard and often dangerous to get there on cold icy days.

I've tried tylenol on occasion, but it just isn't very effective on this joint pain. So far ice and heat seem to be my best options. I have steroid injections a couple times a year, and that helps for a few weeks. I think getting the rest of the weight off these poor abused bones will help most of all!

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, and before you know it, you'll be looking back at the toughest part of the journey! Good luck to you also!

• Like 1

I know what you mean, it 45 below zero wind chill here this morning! The only thing that got me motivated to swim, is the hot tub afterwards! It's my non-food reward for exercising ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1