Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone!

I live in Jackson, Mississippi and just had a Lap Band put in two weeks ago. At that time, I had never talked to anyone who had the Lap band..I only knew a few gastric bypass patients. I found that my experiences were very different and I was so happy at my one week check up to meet not one, but two wonderful ladies who had the Lap Band. I was thrilled to have someone to talk to. One lady (friend now!) told me about this site and I am eager to learn about the experiences of others.

I also had my gallbladder removed and a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time my band was put in. I have been doing great. I can now have foods the consistency of a soft scrambled egg, etc. I could never describe how "unbelievably yummy" that first egg was after three weeks of "liquids"!! Life is good again! ha!

I look forward to many conversations and learning things that will help me and hopefully I'll have something to contribute to others as well!

Sincerely,

miminms

CONGRATULATIONS I am not yet banded but IM looking forward to meeting people who are and am hopeful that the journeys of others will help me make a decision. Keep me posted on your success (go to Beena, in the Journal section for my story) all the best.:)

Thank you. I know you will make the right decision for you. I know first hand it is something to think long and hard about and for me it was a lot of prayers too. I just knew that I needed help and I've tried it ALL! When I made up my mind, I felt that I had hope for the future for the first time in many years. God bless you! Hang in there let me hear from you also.

Thank you for the encouragement If i can ask how much do you need to loose and how have you gone so far? :)

I was so glad to read your post. I am planning to get the surgery in August. I love this site. I have been poring over it since I found it.

I am now more convinced than ever that this is the right procedure

for me. I live close to Jackson, MS. Who did your surgery?:)

Congrats, miminms on getting banded. I am new to the site and thrilled to hear from so many who are already banded. Also those who aren't and have the same questions and apprehensions I have. My surgery is scheduled for next Thursday morning (7/12). Scheduled for 7:30 a.m. and they tell me I should be released by 11:00 a.m. I was very blessed to not have to go through the diet process but like most of you, I was able to list at least a dozen diets I've been on (and off) since I was 10 years old. Look forward to checking into the postings here and chatting with you. I'm in Charlotte and have Dr. Gersin at Carolinas Medical Center. I had to see a sleep doc, have an endoscopy(sp?) and it seemed forever but the blessing is in reality it's only been since March. I have BCBS and they are very supportive of this type of treatment. I'll be back at work on Monday.

YIPPEE!

No mate not yet banded but hopeful just getting losts of information first then I will make a decision. From Australia.

Hi Beena,

I have the same amount to loose as you said you do. About 150 lbs. ...My BM was 48%.. With the two weeks pre-surgery "liquid diet", I have lost a total of 26 lbs. I'm thrilled with that and so are both of my Dr's. I'm really doing great. It has been 2 1/2 weeks now. I have no pain whatsoever and I have had no complications. I hope you don't mind me keeping you in my prayers. I know that has helped me through and I know what a huge decision this is. I have to go to my nephews wedding tomorrow in Nashville, so I won't be posting this weekend. I'll catch up first of next week. You take care and hang in there. You are never alone in this journey!

Justwant2lose--August 1st. How exciting! You will be so happy you did it! I am! I live in Brandon, Ms...Just out of Jackson. I had my surgery on 6-19-07 at River Oaks Hosp. Dr. David Carroll did my surgery and I LOVE him! (as a Dr. of course..ha!) He is very careful and protective of his patients. I look forward to hearing about your success! Good luck!

Congrats to you also longtimecomin!! Wow....It won't be long now. I remember so well, how exciting the count-down was. I just wanted to be on the other side and starting a new count. Now I'm there and doing great. I feel like a whole new world has opened up to me. I know that what I have done is a tool to help me, but that is exactly what I needed. Help and hope for the future! Now I feel like I can do anything. This is something I've been dealing with for way too many years. Good luck, God bless and I wish you the very best. I'll be watching for your posts.