Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Premier Protein on sale at Costco

For those of you that use Premier Protein, it is on sale at costco for $18.49 per case. That is a $5.00 savings. There is a limit of 2 cases.

It is on sale through August 30. I got my share today, I may have to go back a couple more times before the 30th.

Happy Shopping!

premiere is one of my faves!!

There are so many Premier Protein fans on this site that I think I am going to make the switch. My only concern is that Premier Protein DOES NOT contain a whey Protein isolate. Every Protein Drink I've had since surgery 10 months ago has been a whey protein isolate drink. Does it make much of a difference really?

@@WL WARRIOR, Premier Protein does contain whey Protein concentrate. Here's the ingredient list for the 11 oz RTD chocolate shake:

Water, Premier Protein® shake Protein Blend (Milk Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Whey Protein Concentrate), Cocoa powder (processed with alkali), Contains 1% or less of the following: High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Inulin, Cellulose Gel and Cellulose Gum, Magnesium Phosphate, DATEM, Salt, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Carrageenan, Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Sodium Ascorbate [Vitamin C], dl-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E], Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Biotin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Niacinamide, Potassium Iodide, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Chromium Chloride, Cyanocobalamin [Vitamin B12], Phytonadione [Vitamin K], Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol [Vitamin D3], Pyridoxine Hydrochloride [Vitamin B6], Thiamine Mononitrate [Vitamin B1], Riboflavin [Vitamin B2]), Ferric Orthophosphate, Manganese Sulfate, Tripotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Polyphosphate.

Edited by losing_the_band

Order placed :) Thanks!

losing_the_band,

Is whey Protein concentrate the same as whey Protein isolate? I was always told (bariatrician, nutritionist) that whey protein isolate was better. I guess I will have to research this myself. I only posted the question here because I know there are a few on here that really know the ins and outs of whey protein.

There are so many Premier Protein fans on this site that I think I am going to make the switch. My only concern is that Premier Protein DOES NOT contain a whey protein isolate. Every Protein Drink I've had since surgery 10 months ago has been a whey protein isolate drink. Does it make much of a difference really?

I've been told that whey protein isolate is easier for our bodies to absorb the protein from, which is why I just buy the cans of weight Protein Powder at Whole Foods or Sprouts Market(flavored usually). They also don't have that slimey taste that Pure Protein brand premade shakes have. I haven't tried premier protein, but I might pick some up when I go to costco this week!

I just got mine 4 boxes and $5 off for each :) thanks for the heads up

I am assuming that this sale was for the ready to drink Premier Protein. I bought a 3 pound jug of the chocolate milkshake powder at Sam's. I've tried it twice and I'm not a fan. The taste is watery and I'm using the right amount. There are 50 more calories per serving than the ready to drink kind and I'm racking up the calories by adding extra powder.

I'll have to go ahead and drink the rest of the jug even though I don't like it because I hate wasting money. The jug was purchased from Sam's and they won't exchange or refund an opened jug. My mistake was buying so much of it at one time. On the other hand, the ready to drink bottles do taste better, but not as fabulous as many on here rave about. chocolate flavored Isopure taste much better than Premier (powder and RTD) and it has 20 more grams of Protein per serving and the same amount of calories.

I guess this just goes to show you how different individual tastes are. I'm a little hesitant about trying anything new like Syntrax. I've stuck with Isopure for the first 6 months post op because it worked for me and the only reason I wanted to try something different was to save money. I'll probably take the advice of many on here and order sample packets of different brands and flavors.

How many different brands of Protein drinks did you go through until you found the one that works best? Do you stick to one kind or have a variety on stock?

How many different brands of Protein drinks did you go through until you found the one that works best? Do you stick to one kind or have a variety on stock?

I've tried a lot of them, and I've really not been fond of very many. When I had my original band surgery in 2007, I got a bunch of the Syntrax samples, and I couldn't stand many of them. I'm really sensitive to the flavor of artificial sweeteners, though, so many of the ones that get a lot of recommendations on various WLS sites are disgusting to me. The nutritionist for the surgeon that did my band replacement in 2011 gave me a sample carton of Premier Protein, and it is basically the only one I've found that doesn't make me wince to get through it, and I love that all I have to do is shake the carton and open it. Quick and easy, and I can add extracts and flavors to them to give me some variation (I use baking flavors, not the horrid sugar-free syrups). I still don't like the aftertaste, but it's tolerable.

Same here tried expensive and cheap ones and nothing tasted good for me after surgery then I tried premier people here recommend it and I been drinking it ever since I only like chocolate but is the only one I've tried so far I was never a fan of vanilla or strawberry so didn't care to try them yet. But I bet they are as good as the chocolate!!

Good luck!!