Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Passing For Thin - Support Thread for Those Approaching Goal

I know what you guys mean about the sizes these days. I just bought a size 8 skirt from the gap at 153, however when I try on old jeans or shorts size 8 from my closet I can't get them over my hips. Sizes have to be larger these days. I never wore a size 6 even when I was 135 pounds before.

Hi all,

I'm pre-op, scheduled for November 12! All of you are so inspiring! I'm curious about what a typical day is like for you. What do you eat? I see we have lots of exercisers out there. That will be new for me. I have to get my behind off the sofa!! But aside from exercise I'm just wondering what a day of typical meals will be like when I reach my goal so thought I'd see what others are doing.

A year from now I hope to join this thread as a bonefide member!

I was banded 16 months ago and I am 21 lbs from goal. My doctor said that if I get to 32% BMI I am considered in a good range. That would bring me to 195. If I wanted to get to 25% BMI I would have to get down to 165.

I don't want to get another fill because i get stuck and slime a lot. I am actually down to 150 now!!:clap2:

I start my day with some hot tea and then usually have 2 scrabled eggs about 9 or 10. It is really hard to get them down. I eat a normal lunch and dinner. I just notice the QuickSlim30 curbs my appetite and helps with my sugar and carb cravings. I have a slow metabolism too, but that has picked up!!!

Audree, what have you been eating these days? Last time you checked in, you were thinking about another fill, but worried because you started to pb. I am just wondering what a typical

day's eating is for you.

I have such a slow metabolism, it drives me crazy.

I am going to check out that link because I really don't know for my age,what I should weigh.

Wow you look amazing!!!! CONGRATS!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Look who's talking. Girl you look pretty amazing yourself.

Hi all,

I was so glad to run across this thread. I've kinda been at a loss over the past few months for an internet "home".

I haven't read all the posts yet, but so many are hitting home with me! I look forward to getting to know ya'll, and learning to "pass for thin". One of the things that always gets to me is laundry. I'll be folding the laundry, pull out a pair of jeans, hold them up and wonder, "whose are these little jeans? Oh yeah, they're mine."

Tami

Hi all,

I was so glad to run across this thread. I've kinda been at a loss over the past few months for an internet "home".

I haven't read all the posts yet, but so many are hitting home with me! I look forward to getting to know ya'll, and learning to "pass for thin". One of the things that always gets to me is laundry. I'll be folding the laundry, pull out a pair of jeans, hold them up and wonder, "whose are these little jeans? Oh yeah, they're mine."

Tami

Hi Tami...

Jeans and spandex shirts are fun! While I fold laundry I do the same thing, look at everything and just think... "WOW!"

I agree, laundry still catches me off guard. Just last week a pulled out a pair of tiny undies and thought WTF? I thought for like a second the hubby was cheating...but they were mine. It is amazing the size difference in panties now!! I just cleaned out the drawer today...rotfl....do I really need to keep size 13s now?????

That is twice the size I wear now...lol...why did I wait so long???

Just last week a pulled out a pair of tiny undies and thought WTF? I thought for like a second the hubby was cheating...but they were mine. It is amazing the size difference in panties now!! I just cleaned out the drawer today...rotfl....do I really need to keep size 13s now?????

OMG!!! I had the same thing happen just a couple weeks ago with the undies. Both the double take on wondering just who's undies were the ones that now fit me and then deciding it high time I toss out those double sized drawers.

OMG!!! I had the same thing happen just a couple weeks ago with the undies. Both the double take on wondering just who's undies were the ones that now fit me and then deciding it high time I toss out those double sized drawers.

See again, it is that fat chick living in our head. Why does she insist on holding onto things when she IS DEAD??? lol...like a ghost haunting me....

I agree, laundry still catches me off guard. Just last week a pulled out a pair of tiny undies and thought WTF? I thought for like a second the hubby was cheating...but they were mine. It is amazing the size difference in panties now!! I just cleaned out the drawer today...rotfl....do I really need to keep size 13s now?????

What's worse is when your not quite 11 year old wears bigger undies than you do!!

DH folded the laundry for me a couple of weeks ago, and had put the larger (DS's) undies in my drawers thinking they were mine, and given DS my undies thinking they were his! The following morning DS comes to me to complain that his undies are too small. Guess who's undies he was wearing! Poor little bugger was so freaked out that he was wearing Mum's undies! I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

It's really nice losing weight. I just love it. But I hate shopping!

Is anyone else tired of buying something new, and having it not fit the next time you want to wear it? I really need to hit up the thrift stores. I am really sick of shopping, even if I did get a good deal on it. I buy it because I like it, but then it's too big already.