Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unjury trial run.... nervous but hopeful!

After trying about 30 different Protein powders, I finally gave in and bought the sample pack from unjury. Downed my first chocolate shake about 12 minutes ago now.... I'm extremely lactose intolerant, but so far no tummy objections except some mild burping (fairly normal with anything I eat/drink at this point--thanks, GERD).

Might I have finally found a suitable Protein Shake???? It definitely tastes the best, but at this point, I'm desperate just to find ANYTHING that doesn't upset my preop stomach; I can't imagine what some of these would do post-op!

Don't really have anywhere else to share this excitement lol. I text one of my best friends who knows about my surgery adventure and her reply was merely, "that sounds like a real hoot." -_-

She should be extra enthusiastic when I'm post-op and tell her how excited I am for cottage cheese and pureed egg! LOL

Good to know. I just ordered the unjury sample pack in hopes that this will be my last taste test. Who would have thought that for someone like me, that likes just about everything, finding a Protein supplement would be such a challenge :P

After about an hour an a half, I'm glad to report that it's sitting very well!

And boy, LAG4ahealthierme, do I feel that! I've tried the Isopure drinks, Vega One, Muscle Milk, Trader Joe's soy Protein, Genisoy, Jay Robb (both whey and egg white), a fancy rice Protein from the local health food store, and at least one other whey powder that I can't remember the name of!

Not all of them made me sick, but some were just plain nasty. I tried the chocolate splendor unjury and it tastes kind of like that weak chocolate milk taste if you've ever mixed hot cocoa powder into cold milk. But the best part was NO AFTER TASTE. It was great! I'm going to try the vanilla for Breakfast tomorrow.

Let me know how the vanilla goes. I did a post about this when I was ordering. I have did Unflavored and chicken Soup. I actually put chicken Soup in veggie puree. I like it. Unflavored I've put in banana and applesauce mixes. But I'm now coming to the point where I am just not liking it. And it could be because I did the Lean 25 from GNC, and I'm knowing this isn't going to be something my dr will let me keep! Or so I feel like it. I have first dietician visit next Weds. I also have a milk allergy, not lactose intolerant, which I learned early in life were different things. But both these 2 have stayed down ok for me and I am actually shocked. I loved the Apple Melon Isopure in liquid form.

Has anyone tried to put cinnamon or real vanilla in them? Curious to know if that would be allowed post op.. I'm not there yet (still pre) but it would be good to know. I know its good in regular Protein Drinks now ;)

The vanilla was pretty tasty! Though I think I prefer the chocolate. It was very smooth and lightly flavored with no bad aftertaste. I think unjury is going to end up as my go-to powder, at this point.

Has anyone tried to put cinnamon or real vanilla in them? Curious to know if that would be allowed post op.. I'm not there yet (still pre) but it would be good to know. I know its good in regular Protein drinks now ;)

My post-op diet plan is one week liquids only, then 3 weeks pureed, where spices are allowed 'as tolerated' during the pureed phase. I'd ask your surgeon or NUT, though! I feel some spices (like cinnamon or ginger) are probably tolerated better than other spices (like pepper) early on.

Thanks @@ange117 for the feedback :)

Of course you can use spice or flavoring vanilla being clear liquid is good. I even bought egg flower Soup from Chinese restaurant strained out solids and put chicken broth flavor in(after cooling a bit). Reminded me of food!