Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your cardio of choice?

What is your cardio of choic?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your cardio of choic?

• walking
    • jogging/running
    • swimming/water aerobics
    • biking
    • aerobic classes
    • combination of the above (choose your options)
    • other (please explain)

I said bicycling, of course. I love my elpytical trainer too.

I have to say I'm slacking on the strength training. I think it's the schedule I'm keeping. Only one more week of insane classes, then vacation, THEN I can get back on track.

I have been cycling 60-100 miles a week, so I'm not a complete and utter slacker.

In the winter I want to find boxing or kick boxing or something intense. Also, I'll be hiring a personal trainer to kick my butt into the 100's. Then it will be time to start running!!!!!

I'm a girl with a plan.

The elliptical machine is my absolute favorite. I do it everything and I try to increase my time, level, and incline every week or 2. I have a bad knee and it really helps.

My gym also has a nice indoor track and I use that a lot too..I can't wait until I can run it.

I have one knee that always bothers me when I bike or do any other exercise. You mentioned you also have a bad knee so how is the elliptical on the knee? The motion of the elliptical looks like you move the knee alot bjut has it really helped it?

I try to get to Jazzercise at least 3 days a week. It's about 40 minutes of aerobics and 20 min. of strength training/floor work. Super fun and a great workout.

I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone does for their cardio workout.

Have anyone tried bellydancing? I hear it is a great form of exercise and I am considering trying it.

Right now i am walking on the treadmill 40 to 60 minutes 4-5 times weekly doing a 20 minute mile . This is ALOT for a former couch potato- i am sweating like a pig when i am done. Plus i can only do this and some arms for now (per my doc) hopfully after 9/5 (next dr appt) I will be able to add weight training.

I tried bellydancing pre-op and loved it. It worked muscle in the waist/ab area that aren't usually worked with crunches. It was a great workout, for the whole body actually, and it was fun. Now I'm gonna try it again!

I start my workout with a 10 minute warm-up on the treadmill. Next I do a HARD 20-30 minutes on the Elliptical. Then, I get back on the treadmill for 10-20 minutes. I end my workout with weights (abs, legs or arms depending on the day).

When I get bored with my routine, I take a 30-45 minute walk/jog outside. It helps me a lot to change things up. I keeps me from getting bored. Hope this helps.

Hello, :Banane10:

When you mentioned your bad knee I wanted to know, does this eliptical machine do better for your knee than the tread mill? I'd think it would. It seems that when I put our tread mill on an incline that my knee did better. We can't afford to go to a gym or I'd do Water arobics. I've not had the band done yet. My husband is going for it first. I'm going back to my osteopath soon, I guess that's what he's called. Anyway he deals with joints and sports injuries and other things like that. I'm going on 63 in December, so I need to be careful and also being over weight. I'm 5' 51/2" and weigh around 226 LBS.

Sense my knee hurting I've been gaining and I'm depressed with chronic burning pain also and artheritis in hips, knees, and neck. My sister thinks I should see a back doctor and I'm inclined to think she is right. My burning pain came on after my hysterectomy and I think something happened in surgery to bring on the pain. I've also have had some bad falls because I had 3 blackouts from being Epeliptic. No more blackouts, thankfuly! I just really need this banding! My dad and all his 7 brothers died young from heart attacks so it's genetic. I also do use weights at home in my recliner! :Banane10:

Nina

I try to use the elliptical machine for about 25-30 mins.After that, I lift various weights. I try to shuffle different parts of the body. One day back and legs, or chest and arms, or shoulders. It has allowed me to define my body better, and also to see greater results.

When I worked out in the past, I would gain weight, but it was due to muscle, and it discouraged me. Eventually, it lead to me gaining all the weight I had lost back again.

Now, I know for a fact, through body fat monitoring, and also through the use of my friend (the band) that I am in fact gaining muscle and not fat. This has allowed me to attend the gym more often, and to see better results in my weight loss.

The gym is your friend, it will never let you down.

I love the ellipticals! I've increased from a level of 3-4 to level 12-14...boy is it a workout! And doesn't hurt my joints. Then I'll do the circuit at Workout Express

running, running, running... did I say running!!!

1/2 marathon in 2 weeks!!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/156/148