Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Chat For NJ

Hi Darcy! I think it would be great to live in a little cabin...I bet it's hard to downsize everything. Still, simplifying is such an attractive goal, and I envy you! You seem to be very happy in your lifestyle change, and good for you!

We take DD to camp tomorrow...she is all packed and just antsy to get going! We are carpooling with her friend, so we will all load up and take off about noon tomorrow. We're having lunch, then going out to the camp, to get there around 3PM. She loved it last year, and I hope it's just as wonderful for her this time.

G'night all!

Cindy

Hi all! I am in my room at the hospital. I had a really rough day yesterday, but today has been much better. The doctor did a total hysterectomy including the left ovary adn tube. He was able to save the right ovary for the time being. He also removed my appendix. I have about an 8 inch incision, but today the pain is minimal. yesterday it was unbearable. It took several doses of morphine to give me any relief at all. Lat night they finally got the pain under control enough that I was able to sleep 15 mins at a time. I had a morphine button and also the pump until this morning. Looks like i will get to go home tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well. ~Mandy

Mandy - Glad to hear it is over and things are looking up for you. You were in my thoughts today, I am glad you were able to post and let us know how you were. Hopefully this will cure you and you'll get healthy again!

I came here looking for news from Mandy, and thank goodness there was a post from her! Glad you are hanging in there, Mandy. I know it's rough, but when it's all said and done, I am sure you will be glad you had this done.

Take care of yourself, and rest all that you can!

HUGS!

Cindy

Hi guys, I'm at my mom's now. I was discharged today, still tired and in some pain but each day gets a bit better. I am going home tomorrow so I will be here more. ~Mandy

Glad to see it is behind you Mandy---I have been thinking of you. Yesterday we took my Dad to Albuquerque to see his cardiologist, it is 186 miles each way. We get there and they had screwed up the appointment---and his Dr, was not even in. They ran the Doplar, because he is having problems....and sure enough the Dr. called today and said within the next 6 weeks we will look into bypassing the carotid arteries. Not what we were hoping to hear, it is supposed to be a fairly dangerous surgery with the risk of stroke being quite high.

Tomorrow we take Rick down to Albq. to see his Dr.s tomorrow is his check up following the ablation, and will be one year to the day from his original open heart surgery for the valve. Hoping we get good reports on him. Will let you know.

In the meantime, I am getting my exercise today---we are building a new wood shed, against the north side of our house, it will be like 10 feet wide, but will run 30 feet along the side of the house, to store our firewood in a closer location. I have carried lumber, and moved wood, and cut down shrubs (I cried, I planted the poor things about 15 years ago---they were very pretty forsythias)

So I will check in, and try to let you know what the Dr. says. Friday is Ricks birthday, and he is off until Mon, or Tues....so I will be MIA a good part of that time, he has a list 2 miles long of things to get done. We have been camping and biking so much on days off, our honey-do list is overwhelming!!!

Will be back!!!!

Kat

I started the August thread. ~Mandy