Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on day 4 of liquid diet, and am miserable :(.

This is really difficult for me. Today my boss bought pizza for our entire office, and it took everything I had not to grab a slice.

I'm trying so hard, but I don't know how I will do it another 10 days, let alone after surgery.

I know life will get better. I have the products from Unjury. Going to plan out what to take to work each day so it goes smoothly. Also going to stay busy and away from kitchen and restaurants. Its only for 2 weeks thats nothing - basically a pay period lol.

Garbekr0118

I hear you. I am sure its alot harder when you are in the 2 weeks. But I have to tell you that you are a winner because today you followed your plan for a new life! How sweet it is the thrill of Victory! You will make it good luck.

Edited by rln52

what the heck Ive been on the pre op diet for 2 weeks already and have lost only 3 pounds. I haven't cheated I'm 100% sure he is going to reschedule my surgery

what the heck Ive been on the pre op diet for 2 weeks already and have lost only 3 pounds. I haven't cheated I'm 100% sure he is going to reschedule my surgery

Same here but a loss is a loss. ????

When is your surgery date?

Same here but a loss is a loss. ????

When is your surgery date?

I slipped a couple times during my pre-op diet. But I was a saint for the 7-8 days that preceded surgery. Didn't want the surgeon finding any food in my digestive system. It's hardest the first week, afterwards you will see it's not as bad.

Some of these pre-op diets sound wonderful! I am day 10 into the diet- 4 more to go before surgery. Mine has been nothing but liquids! I need to get in 90g of Protein daily (my particular protein goal). I can get that from shakes or up to 1 Greek yogurt a day. I can also have as much non-calorie drinks as I'd like- so long as I get in at least 64oz every day. I'll admit and say that I cheated- but it was 2 pieces of lunch meat that I stole from my roommate! At least it wasn't a pizza...or a cheesecake...or a cheesesteak...or cake!

I'm 5 days out from surgery, so I am being a good boy!

I slipped a couple times during my pre-op diet. But I was a saint for the 7-8 days that preceded surgery. Didn't want the surgeon finding any food in my digestive system. It's hardest the first week, afterwards you will see it's not as bad.

I find it interesting that the pre-op diet is so different doctor to doctor. Not patient to patient. Which tells me that it isn't a do or die situation. How can they operate on some folks who haven't done an all liquid phase before the surgery if it is that critical? My doc says 2 weeks. And one week before that - she says two Protein shake meals and one regular meal a day - so I have a 3 week pre-op diet. Like what Muzical1 did - I can't imagine it is much of an issue if you eat solids at the start of the pre-op diet. I also think that last week is when you want to be very strict about everything.

I'm on day 3 of my two week preop and I'm doing pretty good with it. I don't mind the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shakes and I can have a few things like oatmeal, yogurt and some veggies. I may change my mind by the end of two weeks. Lol! And I'm way too SCARED to cheat!!!

I lost 12 pounds during my pre-op diet. Had one good sized cheat meal? But still received a compliment from my doctor that I did do well in the diet that I had s floppy liver. Everyone's diets are different and that's ok. Just focus on what yours is and work towards it. Mine was Protein Drinks and sf Jello. I was envious of those who were allowed meat. But now that I'm on the post-op side I'm trying my best to focus on the long term prize. Of course having no desire to eat helps too.

I did too! I went in this Wed. for my pre-op appt and the Dr. asked- "Hey, you wanna go next Monday instead of August 3rd?" I said I would and they started me on that Cabbage Soup diet that was supposed to be so great a few years back. AKA The Miami Heart Institute Diet, AKA Sacred Heart Diet, supposedly for people having heart surgery, blah blah.Well, it was 3:30 when I got outta there so I went and bought all this junk to make the Soup and the bizarre things you could eat with it. That meant 4 and 1/3 actual days on the 7 day plan. Did fine until today I went to lunch with my husband thinking I could eat a salad (it is soup and all the vegetables and fruit you could eat day: what IS this diet?). I fell apart and had MANICOTTI. And it was good. Now I am scared I am gonna have an enormous liver. :o I am diabetic AND have HBP AND high cholesterol AND Irritable Bowel Syndrome (lemme tell you: cabbage soup and IBS do NOT play well with one another!) Have a I screwed the pooch and need to fess up for Monday? Or do I shut up and see what happens? Almost seems a moot point since I have not followed the diet for the prescribed amount of days, and it's not a liquid diet at that. What's it all about, Alphie? :wacko:

Edited by Marisa Bryant English

The pre op diet is hard the first couple of days the first day was worst my head hurt really bad I had a attitude from hell on day 4 now its not to bad I want to following my doc scared my liver want shrink I heard that some doctor will close u back up and send u home and im not trying to be the one

I'm now on day 10 and it varies day to day. Some days aren't so bad. Some days I'm hungry and irritable. Well let's be real... I'm hungry EVERY day. But it is what it is. I want to have a safe surgery so although I had my one little cheat, I have to stick with it the next 4 days.

I'm on Day 5 of the pre op diet. I wasn't so successful on Days 1 and 2, but my NUT said I could swap my disgusting Optifast chicken Soup for a salad and I've been good since then. Each day really is better.