Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I've really changed my eating habits. I used to be a junk food junkie. And pop pop and more pop. I don't eat or drink any of that stuff anymore. Along with the processed foods. Nothing like that. I will do more research. Thank you.

Some great changes ..none of which is easy. I was a big sweets person...weird but I don't crave sweets and bread near as much as chips..which was never a big thing for me. But I just tell myself any craving will pass...and it always does.

Yea after the surgery I'm not interested in sweets or breads at all. If I get a craving at all I drink Water or keep myself busy with my 2 kids.

Don't get discouraged! You're doing fine. I also was at 247 the day of my surgery - April 27. I am down 30 lbs from there and a total of 44 from January 2015. I also work with a personal trainer and I walk 1 hr 4x per week. I've had my stalls too. Talk to your nut. and/or Dr. When I think my weight loss is moving too slow I do the math and ask myself when was the last time I lost 2+ lbs consistently for 3 months? Never! It's a marathon not a sprint! Good luck to you.

@@glo61

Please don't get discouraged. You can do this and already you have made a lot of changes.

You are very early on post surgery and sometimes it takes many try's before your new tummy accepts different foods. If chicken, fish or other meats don't sit well this week, they may next week so keep trying them.

My post was not meant to criticize at all, it was meant to help you understand that down the road the foods you are eating won't take care of hunger which absolutely will come back following a bypass. Once that comes back a Protein shake will not hold you for long, the only thing that does keep hunger at bay is good quality dense Protein.< /p>

You can do this! You are well on your way. Keep trying those things that don't work now. For me that is eggs, I get sick everytime I try them.

There were many more foods on that list 6 months ago and now I can pretty much eat any protein.

Good luck and hang in there.

Thank you so much Djmohr! I defiantly wasn't talking about your post. I didn't think you were criticizing me at all. I understand that I am still very early on post surgery and I'm still learning what my body can and won't handle. Thank you for your advice.

And thanks dreamweaver! I'm so glad to see someone doing similar things that I am. I do have to think to myself would I have lost this weight without the surgery? Probably not. Lol good luck to you also!

Ok first off thank you for the "help". I get it no potatoes! And it's not that I don't like meat, I love meat actually, but I get sick every time I try to eat it. And if you would read my last post I don't like the cottage cheese, yogurt,or the shrimp. I get sick any time I eat ANY type of meat, nuts, seeds, or anything like that. So thank you for your advice. I'm really thinking about deleting this app! This is my first post and I'm getting criticized not the support and advice I thought I would be getting. I can take the tough love, but that's not what I'm getting.

I'm sorry you felt that way! My friend had hers done in February and same situation - she gets sick when she tries to eat properly. I suggest to find another nutritionist experienced in your type of surgery and look at options at solving it. Maybe it's a case of having to take certain otc medication to hold down the food or I've heard of some people switching from bypass to sleeve (I didn't read full post before I read comments sorry... I just wanted to show some quick support hopefully before you delete the app). Good luck on your journey!

Thank you for your support steph_anie. It was just the one comment about why did I even get the surgery if I want going to eat rite that got to me. Everyone else is being really supportive and helpful so far. Ive been a little sensitive lately. :-\ I have to learn to take the good with the bad though. I'm going to call my nut tomorrow. I hope your friend feels better and good luck on your journey as well.

Gloria, I had these plateau's a few times in my first year. I would think the weight loss must be over now. Then a couple weeks later I would jump down 5 lbs or more. I wouldn't worry about it at all. As long as you are eating like you know you need to, and not eating between meals, eating junk food, etc. you will lose the weight.

As far as Protein, I had a lot of foods that I couldn't tolerate at first. Now I can tolerate much more with no problems. The thing about meat and egg Protein, it is more solid and it sits in the pouch longer. Something like yogurt or liquids run right thru and the fullness feeling tells the brain we are DONE eating comes from that pouch being full. Not stuffed, but we still feel stuffed easily. Even now, I find if I am eating solid protein I get full so much faster and stay full longer than when I eat softer foods that are easier to eat. I have had problems with many veggies, especially fresh uncooked ones like brocolli in a salad. I talked to my dietician about that and she said that eating 2 little brocolli "trees" is plenty. I think it has taken a long time to adjust my head to my stomach size. I don't really like most meats but I sure lost alot of weight when I ate them...But you can't eat something you get sick from. Are you really sick or is it more just uncomfortable because you are trying to eat too much of it??? I am out over 2 years now and I still can't finish one regular hamburger. About 3/4 is all I can eat.I will eat one half a bun or I can't eat half. Over time more foods will work easier. Basically it is true that protein first, then some veggie and fruit, and last if you have room, a whole grain carb. Good luck!!!!! You are in the best time of your surgery that first year. It will come off. Tracy

Thank you so much Tlmarsh. And I think your rite about the over eating part. I'm learning to slow down and listen to my body about when I'm full. I know that when I get that achy feeling in my belly I know I'm full and to stop. Lol but I went past my plateau and I'm down a total of 58lbs. I'm excited about that. Lol but I'm still trying out new foods every chance I get. Still hardly any meat though. The only meat that I can really eat is grilled chicken. Very little, but still a couple bites don't hurt my belly. Thank you for your input on everything. :-D

Hang in there. I am in the same boat as you as far as not liking most of the stuff we can have and meats upsetting my stomach. Mashed potato and gravy have been my go to for the past three weeks. I am not saying that its the best choice, but when that is all that you can tolerate, go with it. Some people have not had the pure joy of not being able to eat certain things, so just hang in there.

Have you tried adding plain Protein powder to the foods? You could add it to a Soup or casserole. Really , you can add it to almost anything. recipes.html?m=1" rel="external nofollow">http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/p/favorite-recipes.html?m=1

This website had a lot of recipe ideas. And as much as it sucks, you should keep trying with meat, maybe once a week try a meal with meat. Fish and chicken are your best bet, I'm sure lots of others have told you this already :) good luck

Edited by scarletwitch19

Thank you so much scarletwitch19! That's a great idea. I'm afraid on how is gonna taste though. Does it have a gritty taste like the shakes do? Thank you for the website also