Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved June10th 2015 and STILL at a stall!

I have a feeling that whatever is going on with your GYN problem could be the culprit. I would insist on seeing someone on call if you have been flowing that long, I would not wait another two weeks. As far as the advice of not using any artificial sweetners I have never heard that advice that it stops weight loss. My paperwork says crystal light and sugar free stuff all over it. I use mio drops and crystal light all day long and I seem to be on track. Is there some research that I could read that proves that theory? Not being argumentative, seriously curious.

My GYN issue finally resolved itself last Saturday and man I was one happy lady! I lost a lb that same day but sure enough this week it came right back. I thought maybe it was all tied together with my body still healing and adjusting. So now that that's all normal I'm waiting for this weight to start going too.

Had surgery on June 10th of this year so I am 5 weeks out as of today. I went in for my one month follow up last week and was the exact same weight as my one week follow up and the doc wasn't concerned one bit...I however was like wth? Now one week later still stalled...this scale isn't budging. Also to add to my frustration I am on a birth control that stopped by periods a few years ago and since one week out of surgery my period as been constant, never letting up...again wth? Is this my body still adjusting after surgery? I have read other peoples stalls and gains but not sure I've seen someone stall for this long. Help a girl out lol :unsure:

You are going to say this many times during your journey keep doing what you need to do and it will fix itself. Try not to stress because that won't help and neither will a lot of the quick fixes you might get told.

Thank you :)

7 weeks post op today and only 17lbs lost since surgery date ( -10lbs pre op diet ) gain 2 lbs...lose 2 lbs..gain 1 lb lose that 1 lb. Has been the story of my last 6 weeks. Water intake, Protein intake all well, carbs staying nice and low. Still stalled, I feel like the worlds longest staller.

Carbs are not the enemy. Heathly carbs (from whole grains, low fat dairy, veggies) are used for energy. By not eating enough carbs, you're causing an imbalance in your system and probably not getting enough calories overall as well. This can push you into ketosis, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but it sounds like this isn't happening since in ketosis you would definitely be seeing weight and fat loss.

Eating around 50 carbs/day is still considered low carb, a good goal to shoot for (and my NUT said I should not even be restricting it that much but I feel like I am sensitive to carbs). I was told to stick to a diet of protein/healthy carbs/healthy fats as the main sources of my calories and to get my calories up to 1,000-1,200 ASAP after a month or two, and the actual counts on the individual stuff should work out just fine. But you should have a personalized calorie goal from your own NUT, so please discuss in detail with them!

If you're not eating enough total calories, then your body will go into starvation mode, slowing your metabolism and making it even harder to lose any weight. And hormones can also get really, really screwed up during weight loss, so it is a good idea to get your doc to monitor your hormone levels if you are seeing weirdness with your cycle. I always gain about 3-4 pounds of Water weight during my period, but when I finish, I lose that weight and the weight loss gears back up... until the next month... so it has been a few pounds a week or month lost, then gain 2-4 pounds and then lose 4-5 pounds once I'm through my period. There have been weeks of no loss in there too, but again, I still see a decrease in the tape measure overall.

And absolutely take some measurements - even if it's been several months since surgery. It is very comforting to see the inches lost when the needle on the scale doesn't budge!! I was classified as a slow loser, but those months I lost less than 5 pounds total? I lost lots of INCHES - lost fat and gained (leaner/heavier) muscle! In 7 months I've lost 10 inches off my waist and I have real muscle definition visible in my legs and arms now.

Amber! I am exactly right with you! I keep vascillating on the same one pound. Lost 10 pounds pre-op and only 17-18 post-op. It is really frustrating and discouraging. I give myself the same advice everyone else is giving us but still feeling blue. I was even looking at buying a new scale this morning...LOL! I did put a new battery in my old one and was up a poound. Gotta have faith! Can't go back so forward is the direction!

How do you keep carbs under 30 grams? I find it almost impossible to do. Usually I am between 50 and 70.

I count them meticulously!!! I have zero carb Protein Powder I mix with almond milk with has 1/2 a carb in 8 oz. and for my meals I eat chicken, eggs, tuna, pork loin, ground chicken etc all that have very little to no carbs. The carbs I do get come from green veggies but I'm usually full from my 2-3 oz of lean meats so my carb intake is low. To which I contribute loosing 30lbs in 5 weeks :) Oh and there are a few carbs also in my Fiber gummies also but I have to have my fiber lol

@@alindsey What make of fiber gummies do you get and do you rate the sugar free ones?

Edited by Kate_UK

Shustar glad I'm not alone!

Frankiesgirl I'm not completely anti carb I still with 40-50 to me this is low. And most come from yogurts oatmeal in the a.m. not junky carbs

How do you keep carbs under 30 grams? I find it almost impossible to do. Usually I am between 50 and 70.

I count them meticulously!!! I have zero carb Protein powder I mix with almond milk with has 1/2 a carb in 8 oz. and for my meals I eat chicken, eggs, tuna, pork loin, ground chicken etc all that have very little to no carbs. The carbs I do get come from green veggies but I'm usually full from my 2-3 oz of lean meats so my carb intake is low. To which I contribute loosing 30lbs in 5 weeks :) Oh and there are a few carbs also in my Fiber gummies also but I have to have my Fiber lol
@@alindsey What make of fiber gummies do you get and do you rate the sugar free ones?
I was taking just a generic cvs brand. I counted those few carbs in with my other carbs.

I actually stopped taking fiber though because we need more insoluble fiber not soluble fiber from the supplements. Soluable fiber like in supplements I read can actually make Constipation worse (I've had extreme issues with this!) I get my fiber from flaxseeds blueberries (on carb cycling days, berries are pretty low carb though) and other seeds and nuts.

Edited by alindsey

Officially 9 weeks post op today and since day of surgery I'm down 18lbs...yep, that's all. which means since my initial post I've only lost more 3lbs. I have been gaining and re losing the same 2lbs for weeks! At this point I'm seriously wondering if my new stomach is not small enough? I've read over and over about slow losers and stalls but I'm not even losing 1lb a week..what gives?

Officially 9 weeks post op today and since day of surgery I'm down 18lbs...yep, that's all. which means since my initial post I've only lost more 3lbs. I have been gaining and re losing the same 2lbs for weeks! At this point I'm seriously wondering if my new stomach is not small enough? I've read over and over about slow losers and stalls but I'm not even losing 1lb a week..what gives?

. Hey kiddo! I am right with you still. I have lost 21 since June 8. Guess we are just slow losers. I am in the airport on my way to Vegas to Shoe Show

I'm about 6hrs away from Vegas :) have fun!! I finally THINK my on again off again losing weight is over. I've continually lost 6 lbs since Tuesday THANK GOODNESS!! have a wonderful trip ;-)

Stalls!!!!! They can be the devil! Keep eating healthy and exercising. You'll see that stall go away. I'm a year out and have been bouncing around the 190s for 6 months. BUT I've got something I've not seen since high school and that's muscles and better fitting clothing. That scale can be a real jerk, though. :)