Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on May 30th and so far have only lost like 10 lbs. :cry I see that others ha

ve lost like 20-25 lbs. in their first month.:help: What am I doing wrong??? I do find myself hungry but don't eat nowhere near as much as I used to! I guess my question is, how much did most of you lose before your first fill? :) My first fill is scheduled for July 12th and I CAN'T WAIT TO GET SOME RESTRICTION!! :whoo:

shrinkin...

hi...

the first time i was banded i lost like twenty lbs or so, but since ive been rebanded i lost ten, then gained most of it back. i know i need a fill...this is referred to as "bandster hell" and its usually the first few months before you get enough gradual fills to get good restriction. This is when i usually diet and really excercise. Walk briskly thirty minutes each morning. it cranks up your metabolism for the rest of the day. bike ride, walk instead of drive anywhere you can. Just make your body as active as possible and tell yourself that its only really this tough during this phase. once you get adaquate restriction it isnt so hard, and your body will already be used to its thirty a day regimine and may desire more!

also...FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal

go there and sign up for a free account, and log EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. again, this is only for this time when you are wide open and your body has healed so the swelling has gone down and the hungry has come back. it will pass with adaquate fills.

:)

I was also banded on the 30th, since surgery I have lost about 13lbs so we are at about the same. The other 11 was on the preop diet. Sounds like you are doing ok to me if not than Im doing something wrong also. We are right on track for the average 2lbs per week and actually a little more. I have also started to get hungry and have my first fill on July 9th.

lizrbit

I am also a patient of dr.st.laurent..How is your experince been. so far mine has been good. I just had my surgery on 6-19. I have my check up tomorrow. did you have your surgery at journey-lite? I thought everyone there was so nice a helpful..take care

Hi I was banded on May 29th and I have only lost 7#. I'm hungry all the time lke you I ca'nt wait for restriction. Good Luck Sheila

Hi I hope that you're doing well. I'm doing alright a little hungry but, it's worth it:)

My Dr. put me on a high Protein low fat diet right away and no carbs.

*veggies, meat (chicken,pork, fish, eggs, lo-fat chess), squash and Beans are also okay.

*3 liters of Water (one of the hardest things). *liquids : No caffeine no tea, crystal light.

**NO bread, No milk, No carbonation

On this portion I lost 7-8 pounds

10-days before surgery **NO caffien your not supposed to drink it or herbal teas without after surgery so, my doctor said to quit now so I didn't get headaches while I was recovering.

*Protein shakes made with Water x3 to equal 90grams make sure there is less than 6 grams of cabs.

*Clear liquids: broth, juice 50/50 with water (there is a new Ocean Spray drink that has less than 5 carbs per serving and is alright so, you don't have to dilute it),

*sugar free Popsicles, sugar free Jell-o

**supplements start here too

1,500 mg of liquid Calcium (Costco)

3 children's chewable vitamins; Flintstones.

(Because my labs came back I also started b-12 injections that I do at home once every 2 weeks and Vit D that I chew the liquid out (pre surg you can swallow the pill.

Post-OP ***No caffien and no soda the carbonation can stretch the pouch and then it can bloat and be very painfull (I had a friend who suffered becasue, she tried)

One week Clear Liquids (same as above)only try and get in 80 ounces My r. as me us 1ounce cups 10 at a time to help get it in and counted. and supplements

Supplements change to

4,500 mg of Calcium and

4 children's chewable Vitamins

Week Two Post-op

Same supplements, same Clear Liquids and

x2 Protein Shakes (60mg protein) made with only 3.5-4oz. of water. But, you can't drink anything 90 minutes prior to or after the shake. He said to absolutely not drink any pre-made ones, they have to much Fluid in them.

*Continue to try and drink 3 liters of water but, really there is no time for that I'm just trying to do my best.

Week 3

Same as week 2 except you can have two ounces of pureed food (no drink 90 minutes before or after these either)

Week 4-9 another oz of food and increase to soft foods

Week 10 and on the three oz an be chicken, fish, hambergur, low-fat cheese etc.... But, never eat with the meals etc

GOOD LUCK Alanee

I am in a very similar situation. I was banded on 6/11 weight before surgery was 284- day after surgery 294 (iv Water weight) and today I weight 270. I have been juggling back and forth with 2 lbs for about a week. I walk 1.5 miles a day and I'm finding it tough to brush off the hungries. So far I have not had any problems with anything I've tried to eat. In fact, it makes me want to try other things like bread, and pasta.. which I'm having difficulty avoiding! I'm praying that on my next visit 7/12 I will get a fill. My goal is to lose atleast 50 lbs before our Christmas vacation trip. I know its a lofty goal but I'm willing to work for it if I can get some restriction to assist me!

What you are experiencing is normal. Most likely you can eat a pretty big portion. Once you start getting fills that will really help. You should be losing 1-2 lbs per week so you are right on schedule. You may need more than 1 fill initially to feel restriction so don't give up. It took me 5 fills to feel it.

i was banded 6-13 and was losing two pounds a day for two weeks. and i was not hungry at all. for the last week i havent lost an ounce and am hungry all the time. at first i thought "oh, this is so easy, I will never need a fill" now i cant wait for a fill.

welcome to bandster hell. sorry you are frustrated, but dont let it get you down.

once you are sufficiently filled (may be 1st, may be 8th), you will be good to go.

I was banded on May 30th and so far have only lost like 10 lbs. :cry I see that others ha

ve lost like 20-25 lbs. in their first month.:help: What am I doing wrong??? I do find myself hungry but don't eat nowhere near as much as I used to! I guess my question is, how much did most of you lose before your first fill? ;) My first fill is scheduled for July 12th and I CAN'T WAIT TO GET SOME RESTRICTION!! :whoo:

I was banded on June 4 and until yesterday I was only down 10 pounds. My ticker makes it look like I lost 32 pounds since banding but I am "ticker challenged" and couldn't get it to reflect that I lost about 20 lbs. pre-op and now 13 lbs. since June 4. Maybe a lot of the big weight losses you mention are misleading like mine.

Serena: My ticker also shows 11lbs that was from preop. I was considering changing it so that it shows only the weight from surgery but decided not to. I think I will though make a seperate line in my signature that is more accurate. I have seen others do this.

254/243/225/170. PSCG Preop Surgery Current Goal

Monica,

Great idea! Is Groveport near Columbus, or am I thinking of Grove City? I'm in Cincinnati.

Now if I can just figure out how to use colors when I post.............