Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hafd my surgery on 12-15-14 and my hw 439 cw 280!

I had mine 6-30-2015. Feeling pretty good and happy with my decision.

I had my surgery on 6/29/2015. Surprisingly, sticking to everything suggested and it all agreeing with me well. Feel great down 17lbs. So happy with my decision! How's are you doing?

@@jewels711 I am doing great... I haven't had any issues... And going forward I hope I don't have any. So far all the foods that I have eaten cooperated. I am sometimes find that my mouth is really dry, but I consume more fluids. How are you doing? Which procedure did you have?

@@RobynS01 how do you feel?

I'm not to bad, however at least once a day I get nauseous. I'm starting to wonder if it's a gallbladder issue?? I'm down 42 lbs in 7 weeks.

@@jewels711 I am doing great... I haven't had any issues... And going forward I hope I don't have any. So far all the foods that I have eaten cooperated. I am sometimes find that my mouth is really dry, but I consume more fluids. How are you doing? Which procedure did you have?

@@IamKe69 I'm doing great too! Surprisingly...I thought this was going to be much harder. Heard a few stories. But was willing to take the chance. I had bypass RNY. All my incisions are completely healed no scabbing, all skin. Went in my pool first time yesterday. Felt great! All foods I have tried have worked great with me. Having a difficult time finding a tasty Protein Drink. But getting it down. Water too. Dry mouth also here once in a while. Drink more. I started infusing fruit to my water for some flavor. Cucumber is great! What surgery did you have?

@@jewels711 I had RNY procedure. I didn't think of the infused Water, but I will try that to see how it goes. It's not dry all the time, but when it is I feel like I need a whole gallon of Water. I am glad that you are doing well. I'm two weeks post-op today. I also get to start on my soft diet today. Any suggestions on foods?

At first I had mixed emotions about it, but I know I made a great decision to better my life.

So did you already go thru mushed foods or were you still on liquids? I started mushy stuff last Tuesday, 8 days out of surgery. I've been eating, tuna w/lite mayo, egg salad, yogurt, cottage cheese, I had some tilapia, and yesterday my husband sauteed me shrimp w/ pineapple and cauliflower. All going down good. No pressure. Definitely chewing a lot to make sure everything goes down. I also have blackberries and blueberries. I tried cantelope but got gassy. Try that again later.

So did you already go thru mushed foods or were you still on liquids? I started mushy stuff last Tuesday, 8 days out of surgery. I've been eating, tuna w/lite mayo, egg salad, yogurt, cottage cheese, I had some tilapia, and yesterday my husband sauteed me shrimp w/ pineapple and cauliflower. All going down good. No pressure. Definitely chewing a lot to make sure everything goes down. I also have blackberries and blueberries. I tried cantelope but got gassy. Try that again later.

I finished the puréed portion of the diet. I'm now on soft foods. I haven't had any fruits yet. Although I do plan to have a smoothie this week. I really haven't had any meats either. I had bake Beans with a little bit of chicken, but it wasn't much. I also have been eating mash potatoes.

My doc didn't have me go on pureed. But of course I'm still making sure the soft foods I eat are still pretty mushy. I got tired of cold foods that's why I started the fish and shrimp. Needed to feel normal. My family cooks out and does sausage and hamburgers on the grill every Sunday and we swim. I had to figure out things I can pop on the grill so I feel normal and still enjoy the grilled taste. That's where once sauteed my husband put the shrimp cauliflower and pineapple. They were great and soft enough. I'm glad he is a chef. Helps make my foods more tasty instead of bland. Makes eating healthier easier!

My doc didn't have me go on pureed. But of course I'm still making sure the soft foods I eat are still pretty mushy. I got tired of cold foods that's why I started the fish and shrimp. Needed to feel normal. My family cooks out and does sausage and hamburgers on the grill every Sunday and we swim. I had to figure out things I can pop on the grill so I feel normal and still enjoy the grilled taste. That's where once sauteed my husband put the shrimp cauliflower and pineapple. They were great and soft enough. I'm glad he is a chef. Helps make my foods more tasty instead of bland. Makes eating healthier easier!

Do you still drink your Protein Shakes? If so what kind do you drink?

I do still drink the Protein Drinks but like I said they sure don't go down well! I was drinking whey Protein, and I could barely get it down. Found a new one that's premade. Called Coco plus protein 80 cal and 20 mg protein per drink. Flavors in vanilla and chocolate. This one goes down much better. I get these at the rancho market.

Edited by jewels711