Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inner thigh, oh my

I thought that losing weight would help with the boils I get on my inner thighs. They were pretty bad at my heaviest and after losing forty pounds they lessened greatly. Then all of a sudden they are back with a vengeance. What makes them worse is that they are no longer up near or in the folds of my upper thigh, but lower down where they show from my bathing suit shorts. They hurt like heck, rub in pants, shorts and the like and are simply miserable. Anyone have any ideas for dealing with them? My wls stated that it could be taken care of "later after more weight loss" meaning surgery. But until then...

bodyweight.png?ts=1435259131

I got this from the internet:

Applying heat to the boil during its initial stages will reduce its growth remarkably. Heat effectively increases blood circulation around the boil. By doing so, you enable your natural antibodies with the help of white blood cells to ward off the infection and pus inside. Practice the same for two or three days depending on the size of the boil. Usually at this time the pus drains out. Once all the pus is out, wash the area with antibacterial soap and let it dry. If you do want to keep the boil open, put a bandage on it.

2. Turmeric Paste:

Turmeric has many medicinal qualities. To make the most out of the turmeric powder, mix it with Epsom salt and honey along with castor oil and iodine. Apply this paste on the boil which would make the pus drain out.

3. Goldenseal:

Take some goldenseal root powder and add Water and mix it so that it forms a paste. Apply the paste on the affected area.

4. Water:

Consuming lots of water will reduce the intensity of the boil. Have at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. This would help in flushing the toxins out of the body.

5. Onion:

Onions have the best antiseptic properties when compared to other vegetables. This veggie helps in speeding up the healing process. All you have to do it cut an onion into thick slices and place them on the boil. Wrap it with the help of a cloth. The important bit here to change the slices every 2-3 hours!

Note: Never try to puncture a boil. This will aggravate the condition leading to swelling or increasing the intensity of boils.

Ok - I have no idea if the internet remedies are good or not, but I could never see myself placing raw onion on my body.

Sincerely,

no onions. :-)

Edited by no onions

My sister gets boils regularly and she takes a medication that her dermatologist prescribed for her. You might want to check that out. She does much better with breakouts when she is on the meds.

UGH! I hate these! Just had one recently and it hurt! So, my remedy has been apply heat (either a warm cloth or a heating pad) and it eases the pain and seems to draw the blood out. I also then apply Neosporin. Not saying this is medical advice, but it has worked on mine to get rid of them in a few days. I SO hope these go away after I lose more weight!

Yup. I had the same problem... it is very painful...i tried a few methods as per above before but it works for a while..so now i wear pants to avoid the boils..

Recently, my friend introduced me a product. It works n my skin is better and no more boils. I lost 1 kg in 2 weeks. Hehehe.. i had been trying to lose weight to reduce my boils n improve health but all did not work n my health get worst...maybe u can try out..

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I recently got my first one ever a month after being sleeves. They are so painful!!! I used boil ease, an over the counter remedy, turmeric paste (google it) and hot moist compresses-as hot as you can handle without burning yourself.

I saw my dermatologist and she said it was ok to treat without opening up and draining because I had it under control with home remedies. It did go almost all the way down thank goodness. I would say make sure you see a doctor as antibiotics might help and it needs to be looked at, but what I did got rid of it, thankfully.

You guys might want to research gut health and see if its related, a lot of things are related to Candida overgrowth in the gut, and getting that under control would be better than treating the symptoms. I uses a great Probiotic (all are not the same), if you are interested let me know.

You might have hidradenitis supervita (guessing in the spelling) a good dermatologist should be able to help

You might have hidradenitis supervita (guessing in the spelling) a good dermatologist should be able to help

Hidradenitis suppurativa. Good guess!

Yes good dermatologist!

My infant daughter used to get rashes in her little folds on her thighs and the doctor prescribed and OTC medication called Lotrimin (athlete's foot medication). It worked wonders and was gentle enough for a baby/toddler. My husband uses it for jock-itch/thunder-thighs as well with immediate results.

I'm going back to the plastic surgeon in September. My weight has been stable, so hopefully I can get the thighs along with the panni done. The hs comes and goes still. Horrible with the heat.

I use to get them as a symptom of my Steven Johnsons syndrome witch is an allergic reaction to antibiotics they literally would grow and grow with that the pain increased till I would drain them it may be bad advice but it was the only thing that helped me

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App