Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for June/July buddies

Today I moved in to post op phase 2 -- went from all liquids to a teaspoon of soft food (scrambled egg.) My stomach seems to be tolerating it so I get to have another teaspoon soon. Now if I can get out of this 3rd week slump I will be a happy camper! Really I am very happy. I'm 3 weeks post surgery and have lost 46 pounds (including 32 presurgery.).

I was sleeved June 12. I've lost 33 lbs. However, in the last 3 days, I have developed significant pain in my removal incision. I've read this is normal. It doesn't hurt all the time, but when I am stretching or lying down to sleep, I can feel it pulling. Anyone else dealing with this?

I just got the sleeve on July 2nd and am looking for some buddies to go through this with too. Thanks to these forums, I feel a little better with the side effects I have experienced and am looking forward to getting to feeling a little better. Good luck everyone!

Felicia - Your post was so helpful to me. I'm in week 4 and my bellybutton (removal site) started hurting and I had no idea why. So grateful to hear that I'm not the only one. I have more aches and pains now than I did in first 2 weeks - my belly button,my intestines (having some constipation), sometimes my sleeve(think it is having trouble dealing with teaspoons of food) and some heartburn too. Nothing serious but very noticeable to me.

The good news is that after a mini stall of a few days I have now lost another few pounds. Down a total of 48.4 including pre-surgery loss. Still awaiting that exciting 50 lb mark (my husband already has a gift waiting for when I get there- my favorite cologne which I conveniently ran out of last week!)

Looking forward to July 14 th. I'm ready

Felicia - Your post was so helpful to me. I'm in week 4 and my bellybutton (removal site) started hurting and I had no idea why. So grateful to hear that I'm not the only one. I have more aches and pains now than I did in first 2 weeks - my belly button,my intestines (having some constipation), sometimes my sleeve(think it is having trouble dealing with teaspoons of food) and some heartburn too. Nothing serious but very noticeable to me.

The good news is that after a mini stall of a few days I have now lost another few pounds. Down a total of 48.4 including pre-surgery loss. Still awaiting that exciting 50 lb mark (my husband already has a gift waiting for when I get there- my favorite cologne which I conveniently ran out of last week!)

I'm glad because I thought I was crazy. Like you said, I had more pain in week 3 than any other time. I think it is just us restrengthening those stomach muscles. Congratulations on your awesome weight loss. I have hit a stall. I've got to stop weighing every day bc I know it's hurting my self esteem.

July 17th

me too I'm so excited

Hello, I am scheduled for the 30th of July

I wish you the best of luck on your journey. ...

Hello Haley, I love your name. My name is Yunna I am 37 and I decided to have the sleeve done because for 1. my blood pressure is off the charts. 2. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for over 2 years now with no success. 3. I just want to live a healthy life. As far as FB goes I deactivated my account because I wanted to wait until after the surgery to post something once I had started to lose some weight. Today it crossed my mind that I would find a better support group on FB so I was concerning returning just not posted anything other than on the support page.