Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am here in Tijuana and getting ready for my surgery this morning. I made the choice to go through BariatricPal with dr. Jesus Lopez Dominez. For anyone scheduled to do the same or thinking about it, I wanted to give an update on my experience so far.

Just wanted to give everyone an update. First, my surgery is scheduled for noon your time (we are two hours earlier here). I will get to the hospital two hours earlier for some testing and prep for the surgery. Pat will have my phone and will up date everyone as he knows. The procedure should take about an hour.

We arrived at San Diego yesterday morning. We were picked up at the airport by a super nice young man named Roberto. He lived in San Diego. We got our own little tour on the way to the recovery house. Going across the border was simple. The car we were in had a medical pass and we did not even have to stop. We got to the recovery house, which is a small apartment complex. We were greeted by Juanito who lives next to our apartment. Juanito has basically waited on us hand and foot. The best news was that I could eat! Lol. I have been on Clear liquids for days and he said that the preop diet was to reduce the size of my liver which is beside the stomach. That has already been accomplished and so we got to eat. Everything is within walking distance.... Stores, restaurants and if we want something that is further he will have is brought to us. If we have gone anywhere Juanito has gone with us to show us where things are and translate. Then the coordinator who I have been dealing with (David Lopez) came by to meet us. And even more impressive, Dr. Lopez came by to meet us. He explained in detail what he would be doing. And answered any questions and made sure I didn't have any concerns. He was very thorough. We will have a driver pick us up this morning and take us to the hospital and then when I get there Dr Lopez said that someone by the name of Miguel would meet us there and his job is basically the same as Juanito here at the apartment. He will be there to get me and Pat anything we need and also to translate just in case some of the nurses don't speak english.

I am super pumped and very comfortable with my decision. Getting ready for the losers bench!!

Congratulations !

Sending you lots of good wishes and hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Good luck and please let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

All the best!

Safe surgery and speedy recovery - keep us posted!