Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OKAY GUYS,

I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICE. I DON'T YET HAVE A DATE. I AM CURRENTLY WAITING ON INSURANCE APPROVAL WHICH I WILL HOPEFULLY GET SOMETIME THIS COMING WEEK. MY PROBLEM IS THAT I AM STARTING TO FEEL VERY NERVOUS AND SOMEWHAT DEPRESSED. I CAN'T SEEM TO RELAX AND MY LEFT SHOULDER IS HURTING I GUESS FROM FEELING STRESSED. DID ANYONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY, AND IF SO WHAT CAN I DO TO CALM MY NERVES AND RELAX. I AM VERY ANXIOUS ABOUT THE SURGERY AND I CANNOT WAIT TILL I GET MY SURGERY DATE. I WANT TO BE RELAXED AND CALM UNTIL THEN. PLEASE HELP.

You know what I do, think of all the reasons you want to loose weight. To be healthier, more attractive, more active. Is there an outfit you would love to see yourself in? Right before I go to sleep I see myself in that cute little black dress that I used to fit into during college, going to parties, meeting men, socializing, showing up to work looking sharp...whatever gets the engines going. As they say, "keep your eyes on the prize." Crowd your mind with positive thought, visualizations of what the new you should be. You'll find that you're thinking of all the negs less and less.

I think you are very normal.. anxiety about the op is real !!! i was nervous about lots of things.. one of them was showing the medical team half of my body naked !! But i was cared for wonderfully in the hospital ... my menstrual cycle started the day of the op.. more embarassment !! having to wear a sanitary towel through see through pants.. but the nurse team were so helpful and wonderful it was ok.

how do you normally deal with anxiety, its tough as you cant eat,, which is what i normally do..

keep on the site,, i have just discovered it and its really giving me help.

can you fill your time up as much as possible ? and do you have a supportive friend you can let off steam and cry too... its real the anxiety you have and you have to let it out

good luck, you are not alone !!!

:)

THANKS VIXIE AND PJ,

YOU GUYS ARE SOOOO RIGHT. I AM ALREADY FEELING SO MUCH BETTER. I AM TAKING CARE OF MY ANXIETY BY CLEANING HOUSE AND BY COMING ON HERE AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE. I AM SOOOO GLAD I CAN DEPEND ON ALL OF YOU FOR SUPPORT. MY HOUSE HAS NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD. LOL. ANYWAY THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, IT MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE TO ME.

I am feeling the same way! I am getting banded July 6th actually, but a lot of strange feelings have gone through my head...almost like grief for thinking about never being able to eat for comfort again or never being able to eat like a real person, or having the scars, etc. But yesterday I went to a social gathering and just was reminded of why I am doing this. I felt embarrassed about the way I looked, I felt scared because I was wearing heavy clothes and it was burning hot outside...and I am starting to think that what I am giving up is NOTHING compared to what I'm getting. Even though it WILL change my life, I am READY for that change!!

here here for that !!

you are right,, we get hot, but we cover up ,, its just so uncomfortable.. i do envy slim people so often.. its mad.

i haven't started missing food yet - as not got correct band adjustment so trying to do it but can still eat too much, its so hard to mentally prepare for it.. how do you prepare for a loss when you haven't lost it.. i just don't know ??

but yes the thought of being normal is a winner.. just the thought of sitting on a train and just taking up one seat.. if i had a penny everytime i choose to stand up as i take up too much room on the seat.. its will be wonderful.

we have to hold out for that dream !!

as for the scars

six 6 post op, and they are kinda red.. but they are not bad at all !!!!! i reckon give them a year and you really won't notice them much at all, my stretch marks are much worse.

good luck