Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone get there lap band done in mexico?

Dr. Rumbaut here. WONDERFUL experience.

Fills through fillcentersusa.com which is adding up. But I could fly to Monterrey and get free fills if I wanted to. But then that's hotel, travel, etc to pay for.

I do want to make it back one day though!

Besides Dr. Rumbaut I also got a recommendation from New York Univ. WLS program (Center of Excellence) for Dr. Juan Antoni Lopez who's in Tijuana. His fee is 8k, and Rumbaut's is 10.6k. Anyone have any experience or heard one way or the other about Lopez? Thanks.

Besides Dr. Rumbaut I also got a recommendation from New York Univ. WLS program (Center of Excellence) for Dr. Juan Antoni Lopez who's in Tijuana. His fee is 8k, and Rumbaut's is 10.6k. Anyone have any experience or heard one way or the other about Lopez? Thanks.

Is that the same Lopez that is with Betancourt Medical in TJ? If so, OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not unless you want to come home with life threatening infections. Betancourt is one that has the worst of reputations.

If that isn't the same Lopez, I don't know anything about him. Rumbaut I have heard good things about.

I reccommend it. I went to Dr. Alvarez - I was able to drive there from Houston (where I live.) If you fly in - he has a driver that will pick you up in San Antonio and drive you to Eagle Pass, TX where you spend the night - prior to surgery. She will then drive you over the boarder to his office the day of surgery. I was completely satisfied with the Dr. and hospital(sure - it was no frills and I wish I had brought my own pillow - maybe a laptop to watch a movie.) For the savings and the excellant care recieved - I'd definitely consider Mexico. Especially if you are self-pay. I truly believe you get better service and attention then you would in the states. And the Dr's are VERY experienced with the procedure.

We went with Ready4achnge.com. Dr. Zapata is a great Doctor. I just took a friend for surgery and got a fill myself. They have a great team. Monterry is a great city to visit.

Hi

Im going to Ortiz, he has the most impressive resume of any doctor in Mexico. I would NOT recommend Alvarez, I think his numbers are fixed. Also, I was signed up to do surgery with him and his people would never get back to me or return calls. I finally got sick of it and found a much better doctor in Dr. Ortiz. If Alverez and his people treat you that bad before surgery, Imagine the treatment you get after they have your money.

Hello,

I still reccommend Dr Alvarez, as my experience was very positive. His people and he himself were very responsive to all my questions etc. I have been back to him since the surgery for my first fill and again - great service. So I am only sharing my experience and as far as numbers being "fixed" - I'm not sure what you mean. When I went to Dr. Alvarez, I decided if I had any misgivings, I'd walk out and not have the operation. Once there - no misgivings and none since. Just my 2 cents. . .

I have been reading some of your posts and you glorify Aceves and the city of Mexicali and you consistently thrash Tijuana. I'm curious as to why or your true motives because from what I've read, some of the best bariatric surgeons are in Tijuana. I called my aunt who lives in Ensenada and constantly (almost daily due to her job) travels to Tijuana and Mexicali and she tells me first hand that things are just as good or bad in both cities. She also tells me that military checkpoints have been in place in most major cities in Mexico for the last 25 years, including Mexicali.

I'm traveling to Tijuana soon, and I will be visiting Dr. Gonzalez and Dr. Ortiz and Im just going to check things out for myself. I'll keep you all posted. I'm tired :tired of all this heresay by people like Bubble Butt who obviously push their surgeon by talking trash about others. I feel that If you are going to give information, give first hand accounts of things and don't just spread rumors to benefit or harm peolpe.

Regarding Alvarez, his numbers are quite questionable. It's because he combines his stats with his partner's stats so they look better.

pkr914: I'm really into research now because I want the best for myself. Yes, I have heard of Doctor lopez and contrary do the Thrashing and uninformed Bubble Butt, he is among the top three or four bariatric surgeons in northern Mexico: Juan Antonio Lopez, Ariel Ortiz, Francisco Gonzalez and in Monterrey Rumbaut. Do your homework, check each one out, their policies on follow up, proximity to the border and lastly, prices. That is what I have been doing, I'm traveling to Tijuana, I have an appointment with Dr. Gonzalez and I'm getting in with Dr. Ortiz as well, I'm going with 60% hard facts, 30% their facilities and 10% the personal consultation. I'll make up my maind then and keep you posted!

I went to Dr. Gonzales,in T.J.(cosmed clinic) he flys in from mexico city,so he works in both locations, THAT was the BEST expericence that I have ever had.my hubby was REALLY leery of mexico, but by the end of the consult, my HUNNY was the one asking when I can get it done!

I will FOREVER be in his debt.... Thanks Dr, G!!!

Hello Msmelc,

I'm so happy to have found your posts. I had a consultation with Dr. Gonzales 2 weeks ago and I'm eager to schedule my surgery with him, but I'm also aprehensive as I was not able to find much information on him. Your posts makes me feel more at ease with my decision but if you don't mind I would love to ask to hear more about your experience.

My cell # is 909-539-8909 and my e-mail address is: cdennis@markwins.com.

I would love to chat with you if thats not too much to ask.

Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance

Claire

They did have army on the borders and at the edges of the cities, but it is no big deal to anyone who has ever traveled outside the US. They are very kind at the clinic. I had severe complications resulting from surgery and yet I still believe in the procedure and the process. Keep in mind you will not be in a big US hospital. This is a foreign country. Their idea of a hospital is more like a nice clinic to us. The rooms and nurses are comfortable and accomodating. Give yourself plenty of time to get back to the US to get on your plane. I estimate 4 hours. 2 hours to get through the border and every bit of 2 hours at the San Diego airport. This airport is VERY busy and they have few security areas. LINES ARE LONG!!! Can you tell I missed my flight? :lol: Any other questions? My friend and I both along with others I know of have used BAJANOR.