Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Delaware Sleevers

I am a patient of Dr. Wynn's. Getting sleeved on 12/17. Cannot wait! We started this process in August, got insurance approval on 11/19.

1 more day tammyob how you doing? I saw the cardiologist this morning and she wants me to have a stress test and an echo done, anyone else have to have this done?

I am a patient of Dr. Wynn's. Getting sleeved on 12/17. Cannot wait! We started this process in August, got insurance approval on 11/19.

How you doing since the surgery Tammy?

I am doing well. My hubby and I were sleeved on the 12/17 at St. Francis and we spent 2 nights in the hospital. We could have been released after 1, but we were not prepared for that at home, so we stayed the second night. I have not had a whole lot of pain to speak of. The worst for me is if I eat too fast, I get a pain at the base of my sternum, and the feeling that I have to belch. Once that happens, I start to feel better. I started working from home the Monday after surgery (4 days later), and that has gone well. I am bored out of my mind with the full liquid diet! I can't wait to move on to something else. Our follow up with the doc is today. I am down 14 pounds since the morning if surgery, but have been in a stall for the past 3 days. I have lost 45 pounds since we began this process just before Labor Day.

Redvet - we saw Dr. Kumar for Cardiology, (Westover Cardiology) and had to have an EKG, echocardiogram and a PET scan (which is the stress test with you lying on a table instead of running on a treadmill). Hubby then also had to have a cardiac catheterization because they thought they saw a blockage in his arteries below his heart. Thankfully, that turned out to be a false alarm!

Abby and Redvet, I added both of you as friends, please fell free to reach out if you have questions!

I am doing well. My hubby and I were sleeved on the 12/17 at St. Francis and we spent 2 nights in the hospital. We could have been released after 1, but we were not prepared for that at home, so we stayed the second night. I have not had a whole lot of pain to speak of. The worst for me is if I eat too fast, I get a pain at the base of my sternum, and the feeling that I have to belch. Once that happens, I start to feel better. I started working from home the Monday after surgery (4 days later), and that has gone well. I am bored out of my mind with the full liquid diet! I can't wait to move on to something else. Our follow up with the doc is today. I am down 14 pounds since the morning if surgery, but have been in a stall for the past 3 days. I have lost 45 pounds since we began this process just before Labor Day.

How long do you think it realistically takes to get back to a seated desk job?

I think I could have gone back at least within the week - I was operated on on a Thursday, and I think by the following Wednesday I could have been back at work. Part of the question is how you commute - since you are not supposed to drive while taking the pain meds. I take the train into Philly, so I wouldn't have had to worry about that.

I just got my surgery date 3/23 at Wilmington Hospital! Excited/Scared! Anyone else in DE going around the same time?

I just got my surgery date 3/23 at Wilmington Hospital! Excited/Scared! Anyone else in DE going around the same time?

I will be close, I think. I passed my final medical clearance yesterday, and they said it would be 4-6 weeks. I'm hoping it'll be the week of 3/28, because that's spring break for my kiddo and my husband can take off work to manage us both :) I should have my date within 2 weeks, so I'll let you know! I'll be at Wilmington Hospital as well.

I think I could have gone back at least within the week - I was operated on on a Thursday, and I think by the following Wednesday I could have been back at work. Part of the question is how you commute - since you are not supposed to drive while taking the pain meds. I take the train into Philly, so I wouldn't have had to worry about that.

How you doing Tammy O? I hope all is well.

I am doing well! Down 67 lbs now since Labor Day, 33 of that since surgery on 12/17. Learning how and what to eat - I am not always the best student! I am getting better at it, though. I never thought I ate fast, but now I am really having to slow down! Learning the signals that I am full, and then paying attention to them! I have had several times where I have thrown up, but then I do feel better afterwards (compared to how I felt when I took that one bite too many!!). I don't see a difference when looking in the mirror, but others say they do. I had a bit of a setback when I took the wrong BP meds for a week, and gained about 7 lbs back in Water weight. I have now lost that (can I add them to my total? LOL), and am looking forward to being able to wear smaller sizes!! I am proud to say that I have been more active - still not getting 10K steps in, but when we started this journey I would get 2k-3k/day. Now, I am up to 6k, and one day got to 9K!

Hi all. New to Forums. Started my process (seminar) in Jan. Dr Peters will be my surgeon. Had my "team appointment" last week. Looks like surgery in August due to insurance requiring 6 months of nutrition classes. Looking forward to meeting kindred spirits on here!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hi! I have just started the process. 1st nutrition class done. Surgery in October due to insurance requirements. Very excited and nervous! Dr. Halbert is my surgeon from CHRIAS.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

DE Area Bariatric Clothing Swap?

Does anyone know if there is a clothing swap for our area ? It would be nice to have if there is an interest - I know I have stuff that I'd like to swap out. I hear it's better not to buy too many things in each size since you'll keep getting smaller

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App