Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 8th sleeve...things no one told me

As you can see your not alone! I was sleeved on June 3 and I was tired and sleepy the first 2 days! Anytime I woke up or got up to move or use bathroom I was sick, throwing up, heaving, and just feeling crappy! Docs said its to be expected, they did take out more then half our stomach and so now there's extra room and pressure and gas moving around. I sipped Apple juice and ice and maybe a few tiny spoons of Jello. I really couldn't even bare any of it though but I knew they wouldn't diacharge me without drinking. I still have my drain in me, yesterday made a week! I hope tmrrw when I see doc he takes it out! I also can't wait to weigh in, I haven't yet though I want to! Does anyone remember what was their 1st week total loss? Just curious! Hang in there everyone!!????✌️

I'm 8 days post op. I had my 1 wk follow up today and i lost 7lbs!

As you can see your not alone! I was sleeved on June 3 and I was tired and sleepy the first 2 days! Anytime I woke up or got up to move or use bathroom I was sick, throwing up, heaving, and just feeling crappy! Docs said its to be expected, they did take out more then half our stomach and so now there's extra room and pressure and gas moving around. I sipped Apple juice and ice and maybe a few tiny spoons of Jello. I really couldn't even bare any of it though but I knew they wouldn't diacharge me without drinking. I still have my drain in me, yesterday made a week! I hope tmrrw when I see doc he takes it out! I also can't wait to weigh in, I haven't yet though I want to! Does anyone remember what was their 1st week total loss? Just curious! Hang in there everyone!!????✌️

My surgery was June 3 too, so I'm 8 days post op and I'm down 15 lbs! I've had no pain since day 3 and Water is going down easily. ????????????????????????

Edited by Mcgann320

Hi all! Had my surgery yesterday afternoon, and am up and alert today. On the gas pains, yes they are terrible!!! Last night I was having gas in my chest and though I was having a heart attack. Rapid heart rate and shortness of breath but my bloodwork was all fine.

Today the chest pains are gone and I'm walking a lot. I'm still sleepy, and I think will be discharged tomorrow!

Bless your heart... The pain does get better!! Just hang in there a couple more days. You've got this ????

I got sleeved on tuesday june 9th and i have to say the gas pain has been the worst thing out of this whole process at the hospital i will walk it off and try to burp and walk again. At home i would get up with a pillow on my stomach for support and sit on the toilet and move a little side to side or in small circles(waist up...sorry i know TMI) but this has worked for me. Sorry for going soo much in detail but if it has worked for me it could work for u.

The gas pains have gotten way better, wahoo! Just got taken off my morphine and fluids pump so I have to up my intake of Water big time. I'm the same as you guys were saying, burping fine but the other end nothing is happening :/ the nurse said I need to do that before I can be discharged.

Hi June 8th buddies, I too was sleeved on the 8th. I didn't have bad abdominal gas but I had it really bad in my upper chest and radiating into my left lower shoulder blade. Make sure you take the pain pills and stay ahead of the pain and yes believe that walking will take care of it much quicker. I am up to soft foods now and tolerating everything very well, the only problem I still have is everything tastes sickenly sweet, I don't even like yogurt, so its been extremely hard for me to get my Protein in. I was losing at least a lb a day and all of sudden I have stalled. Not sure why except maybe my body is adjusting to real food again vs everything liquid? Not sure. Keep in touch! I would love to have buddies to walk through this with!

June 8th here as well! I am still on liquids but doing great.

Hi June 8th buddies, I too was sleeved on the 8th. I didn't have bad abdominal gas but I had it really bad in my upper chest and radiating into my left lower shoulder blade. Make sure you take the pain pills and stay ahead of the pain and yes believe that walking will take care of it much quicker. I am up to soft foods now and tolerating everything very well, the only problem I still have is everything tastes sickenly sweet, I don't even like yogurt, so its been extremely hard for me to get my Protein in. I was losing at least a lb a day and all of sudden I have stalled. Not sure why except maybe my body is adjusting to real food again vs everything liquid? Not sure. Keep in touch! I would love to have buddies to walk through this with!

When you think about it, a pound of body fat is equivalent to approx 3500 calories which is way more than we are able to burn in a day. Stands to reason that we are losing a fair amount of excess Fluid at first along with the fat. Sooner or later, we just won't have enough excess fluid to keep the scale moving at such a pace. We are in it for the long haul. This is the exciting phase, kind of like the dating phase in a long marriage. When we get to goal, maintaining it will be the real challenge! Just like staying married!

I'm two weeks out as well and start puréed tomorrow! It's been up and down since June 8 but I'm trying to take it a day at a time. Do not feel like I'm losing weight...seeing doctor tomorrow for follow up and getting really tired of liquids. Hopefully the weight will start coming off once I'm controlling choices with real foods. I guess we all have to be patient...sure wish I wasn't so antsy about everything. Emotional roller coaster...not a lot of physical pain but I feel bloated, fat and agitated. Any other June 8thers feeling frustrated?

June 8th here too. Yes a bit frustrated here too. I have no feeling of restriction at all. I see my family doctor today.

June 8th sleeved here. Today I'm about to try mashed potatoes! Been feeling great but very very tired and almost like scatter brain any one else feel this way?

I was lucky had a morphine pump, yes the gas pain was bad but I had been warned and took gasx it did wonders. My issue was the good awfull headache I had for 2 days. I honestly think it was from caffine withdraw had my hubby sneak in some unsweetened tea to sip on but it wasn't enough to help. I stayed for 2 days my choice so the pump was a god send. I am having issues now with just now feeling well, just kind of empty and blah, rolaids are my best friend right now. got to talk to my doctor about this issue!!

@Itsanot99 GasX is that liquid or tablets?

just had my 2 week checkup today down 23 lbs total in 4 weeks. Post op is 14 lbs. started on soft foods and doing really well just have to be careful to chew chew chew and not eat too fast. thank God my doctor put me on protonix so have had no nausea at all. I still can't tolerate the Protein Shakes that they gave me. too sweet tasting and have a horrible aftertaste I just got a sample of the unflavored Unjury brand that I will try a little bit later today. my burning and stabbing pain in my belly button incision has not gone away so I'm going to have an ultrasound at 815 tonight. here's hoping it's just something strained or possibly just one spot that is healing slower than the rest. they want to double check to make sure its not a hernia. I will be horrified if I have got another surgery again to get a hernia fixed. wish me luck

Is there anything you can do pre-opt to lessen the gas pain post opt?

June 8th here. My gas pains are gone now but am suffering from major Constipation. Going to see my family dr this afternoon and hopefully he can prescribe me with a still softener!