Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will You Be My Buddy, Mentor, Friend?

I've just begun the official part of this process. Attended seminar, met with surgeon, met with internist, nutrition class and upper gi this week. Sure would like to find a couple of folks to walk through this with and mutually encourage one another , as well as someone who has "been there; done that" and is willing to mentor me through the process.

A little about me: I'm 56 (have no clue how that happened so quickly), live in TN, educator/therapist, love dogs, children, & laughing. Nothing more important to me than faith, family, friends, & finally getting my food addiction under control. But to walk this together, we don't have to have any of those in common!! ????

Hi I am Helen and I am also at the beginning of my weight loss journey, I am meeting the surgeon tomorrow morning and I should really be asleep. I don't know why but I am really stressed and anxious about this meeting but I am sure it will go fine. I cannot mentor you because we are at the same point but I would be grateful for the metaphorical holding of hands and the mutual support.

A little about me I am 47 and have been married to my wonderful husband for 25 years this October. I have 3 grown up step children and six step grandchildren and I am auntie to two lovely nephews.

Hope to hear from you soon. Take care

@helendavies Glad to have someone to walk the journey with! Was getting too in my head about no one responding ( that old "fat" person hyper sensitivity!).

Hope your meeting with surgeon goes well! I didn't sleep the night before mine. Looks like I have a lot of sleepless nights ahead of me! What procedure are you thinking about? I'm leaning toward bypass after being convinced that sleeve was the only was to go.

Love that you list being an aunt! No kids of my own but my niece and nephew are my life, along with my step niece and nephew always thought I'd have a huge family but my struggle with weight kept that from happening! Praise God for kids that I love like my own!

I'd love to here how your appointment goes!

Hello to bith of you. Im new here too. My surgery date is Aug 4th! Trying to get to know a few people going thru thus with me. Im also 47. Married w two teens. My family is everything to me and im so excited to be able to do things with them again- not to mention - tie my own shoes! I have only been heavy for the last 7 years. Thyroid issues and turning 40 i guess. I hope you will accept me as a friend and we can support one another through this exciting time!

Glad to meet you Joancann!! Wow! You are just a month out!! Congrats!!!

I know! @choosehope. Im sure it will be here before i know it but im anxious for it to be now! I still have a three hour class to take on the 10th- i guess its the nutrition class since i havent had one of those yet. Im just trying to stay busy but i find myself on here alot. Trying to get as much info as passible before its my turn. Good luck with all your tests and stuff. I hope your paperwork goes through fast. It seemed like mine took forever. I was hoping to have had the surgery by now , but it didnt happen that way. Keep in touch and ill let you know how my class goes. Thanks for responding!????