Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know what level my cpap is on but before I push that 20 minute sleep time button-I feel like my head is going to blow up! Do yall have to wash your hose, mask, and humidifier out with ivory dish soap every night?

I'm a bad CPAP girl cuz I've never washed my machine! GROSS. Then again, I don't drool all over the thing like Lauri! Lauri, I'm your personal band stalker! I woke up 40 times an hour during my testing and was a Level 9. I had to stop wearing it a couple months ago because the air pressure was too harsh on my throat, which means I needed the level lowered, so I just put it away. When my apnea was bad, I'd wake up choking, and I haven't done that in a few months.

If you don't have your machine, do NOT sleep on your back. Elevate yourself and sleep on your side, and sometimes Vicks Vapor Rub under your nose helps a little. Keep them pipes open! The only decent sleep I ever got without the machine was on the couch. I'm not sure why, but I wasn't able to sleep in bed without the machine, so I wonder if it's the shape of the couch.

Excuuusse Me? How can I drool on it when it just fits over my nose?! Well, never mind that's even worse!!!!

Hey! Thought of a real positive about my cpap- My husband has been eating too many Beans lately. It's so nice to put my GAS mask on and leave the lovely smell of the room to him!!!

hi,

grt139,may God give you rest, hope the test comes out well, for you..

good nite and don't let the bed bug bite...

margie

----------------

4/5/04

295/257.8/-

WITH FAITH ONE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS..... you already have a head start...

Well I forgot to come back and post my results whjen I go them from the Dr. LOL

They reduced my c-pap from 15 to 6. Dr was shocked it went down that far in a single jump. Says another 20-30 pounds and I will probably be off it altogether.

Delarla. You never wash you c-pap. I sure hope your kidding. If mold or bacteria gets in there your then breathing that right into your lungs. Should always wash the hoses and face mask at least once every other day.

I have a humidifier on mine that I have to put Water in. I wash that every other day. If I take the rubber seal off the top part I can place it in the diswasher and that helps. Hase sections in it and its hard to clean by hand.

Lauri If the pressure leaks out its too high. My c-pap when it was set at 15 was set up so I could tap a button and it reduced it to 8 and over 20 minutes it built back up to 15. This was one of the resaons I knew the weight lose caused a reduction in my need for the c-pap. Before I never woke up..slept like a baby with it on. But after I lost weight it would wake me up every two hours or so blowing all over my face. I'd taop the button drop it back to 8 and go back to sleep. Two hours later same thing. But I was still sleeping better then before I had it. Now since it has been reduceed I have no problems and I am looking forward to next test to see if I get off it all together

Isn't that awesome news? I'm so happy for you, Greg! It's just amazing that we're able to reclaim our health with this tiny little device. Halleleujah!

I am so happy for you Greg! That is really good news.

I have found that the leaking problem I have is mainly from tossing and turning (I still have back and neck pain from my car accident in may) When I turn on my side the mask gets pushed out of place. I recently tightened the mask just a bit and it seems better. Your also correct about that button that lowers the pressure. When I get up in the night, it does help to push that button.

I have quit using mine the last couple of months. I was doing the same thing taking the mask off and waking up all the time. I tried a couple different mask even the nose pillows one. I seem to be sleeping really good and I don't have headaches but I should probably be rechecked . When I first got the machine it wasn't so bad but I have struggled with it. Before I found out that I had it I would have a headache every morning.

Hope it goes well for you and you can get rid of it.

sleep right oh I mean tight. LOL

Good luck

the best news i've heard , that is good to hear, that your gaining back your health, and soon, the baby's are going to have to watch out, at nappy time, you'll over sleep them, lol, (Thanks ; ) ... God Bless..

margie..

---------------------------------------------------

margie

295/257.8/140

THE BEST OF TIMES IS WHEN YOU LOOK BACK AND SEE YOU PAST OVER THE WORSE OF TIMES....