Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alli - this is from their website. Really.

I wish I could highlight some of these - note the recommendation to "wear dark pants"

What are treatment effects?

alli™ works by preventing the absorption of some of the fat you eat. The fat passes out of your body, so you may have bowel changes, known as treatment effects. You may get:

· gas with oily spotting

· loose stools

· more frequent stools that may be hard to control

What to expect

The excess fat that passes out of your body is not harmful. In fact, you may recognize it as something that looks like the oil on top of a pizza. Eating a low-fat diet lowers the chance of these bowel changes. Limit fat intake in your meals to an average of 15 grams.

Learn more about following a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet.

Learning how to manage treatment effects is an important part of being successful with alli. Here's how to take control:

· Start trimming fat from your diet now, even before you begin taking alli. Then pick a day to begin taking alli, such as a weekend day so you can stay close to home if you experience a treatment effect. Make the timing work for you. If you're getting ready to travel or attend a social event, hold off on starting with alli until the event is over

· While no one likes experiencing treatment effects, they might help you think twice about eating questionable fat content. If you think of it like that, alli can act like a security guard for your late-night cravings

· You can't "save fat grams" from lunch and "spend them" at dinner. Spread your daily fat gram allowance of 15 grams on average per meal over the whole day

· You may feel an urgent need to go to the bathroom. Until you have a sense of any treatment effects, it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work

· You may not usually get gassy, but it's a possibility when you take alli. The bathroom is really the best place to go when that happens

· You can use a food journal to recognize what foods can lead to treatment effects. For example, writing down what you eat may help you learn that marinara sauce is a better option than Alfredo sauce

To learn more about how myalliplan can guide you with smarter food choices and a wealth of resources, visit myalliplan now.

Yep, I was just reading this a couple of days ago.

Yeah, I'm going to run out right now and get me some.....NOT!

No, thank you.

While I'm willing to do a lot to lose weight, I can't go there. I mean really, the product website recommending dark clothes and a change of clothes?!

I love how they compare the oily discharge to "something that looks like the oil on top of a pizza".

Is that part of their weight-loss program? Comparing fatty foods to "treatment effects" so that you lose the desire to eat them?

MMMMM!!!! Dominoes, anyone?

Diapers......lol! that would be appropriate - speaking from experience. I took the stuff when it was a prescription. Didn't do a thing for me. My dr. took it himself and said it was useless unless you cut out all fats from your diet (and if you do that, who needs medicine to lose weight?)

Keep in mind.... by eliminating fats from the diet, either by not eating them or by blocking them by using this pill.... you are also eliminating the ESSENTIAL (omega 3 & 6 ) fats from the diet. They are called 'ESSENTIAL' for a reason...the body NEEDS them !!! It's like running your car WITHOUT oil. This is just another case of Big Pharma putting $$$$ before people. :)

I'm sorry Snaggletooth but I get really offended when people go after "big pharma". Big pharma saves lives every single day. Without Big Pharma we'd all be dying of the plague, polio, and strep throat. I'm so tired of people buying into the propaganda that the media throws at them. My best friend was diagnosed with a very aggressive breast cancer a few years ago (at 35) and I thank God every day for the "Big Pharma" company that invented the chemo and the Herceptin that have kept her alive. Got news for you, this band that you so want is from Big Pharma too - it is owned by Allergan. Do they put $$$$ before people too? Is all of this a scam to get our cash? Don't think so. It costs money to develop drugs - on average 15 years and over $100,000,000 per drug. So if they don't charge for their pills, where are they getting that money to develop other drugs from?

Sorry for my soapbox but I did my thesis on this in school and it was very eye-opening. I thought the same thing you did and then when I researched it, I found out that I was wrong. Okay, I'm jumping down off my soapbox now.

You are not eliminating all essential fat, you only eliminate 1/4 of the fat you eat. If you are getting all your fat from Omega 3 and 6, you wouldn't need this pill. I found that fat I ate from fish and such was fine. I have MS so I take Omega 3 and Omega 6 oil capsules, as well as herbals with them in it (fish oil, Evening Primrose oil, etc). Never had a problem with that, my levels stayed fine and no side effects. You aren't eating the quantity of Omega 3 and 6 fat to have this be a problem. But when I had fried clams? Big problem.

I've been on this pill, didn't hate it but I guess I have good bowel control and trust me, you have to have it on this thing. If you, how shall I say this, um, break some wind, you will need to change your pants as the "oily discharge" will come out. If you can hold that in until you get to a bathroom, it's okay. It's a tool, just like the band is. You get nasty side effects when you eat fat so you tend to not eat fat. Trouble is, I found that when I wanted fat, I just didn't take the pill at that meal and it solved the side effect problem. I did lose weight on it without dieting or exercising , but not much. About 20lbs in 6 months. It was just too expensive as my insurance didn't cover the prescription - about $100 a month.

This pill is a great tool for some lower BMI folks that need to lose a little weight. Don't really think it's for folks like us. It does work though, I will say that. It's also very safe supposedly. My doc wouldn't give me Meridia or any other diet pill but she had no issues with this one as she said it just works on one enzyme in your body (no clue what enzyme that is).

My friend's Dad works for the company that makes this and he said it was the easiest drug to pass the FDA consumer division ever. I assume that is because it is safe and it works to some extent.

I always thought it was hysterical when the Xenical ads (the prescription name for this drug) came on and they would say side effects include "gassy, oily discharge". GROSS!!!!!!!!!!

This is just a variety of Xenical, which has been around quite some time. I took it a while back. The side effects were a pain in the ass (no pun intended). I blew the whole thing off early on.

Treatment Effects. Wonder who thought that one up? Can't you just hear the talk around the conference table??

"Ok, people! Our task for today is to come up with a palatable word for the slimey orange oil that is discharged from your anus when you use this stuff! Barney? Got any ideas? How about you Claire? Bob?"

Barney: "How about 'squeezins'"?

Claire: "Metabolic Products"?

Bob: "Lube"?

.........what a vision.

Treatment Effects. Wonder who thought that one up? Can't you just hear the talk around the conference table??

"Ok, people! Our task for today is to come up with a palatable word for the slimey orange oil that is discharged from your anus when you use this stuff! Barney? Got any ideas? How about you Claire? Bob?"

.........what a vision.

LOL!!!! TerriDoodle you are hillarious!!!

.........what a vision.

Oh my god, "Squeezins!" lolololol I am laughing so hard that I just snorted and scared my cat half to death!!!!! lolololol