Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fed Up, Had-it, Ready To Give Up

:faint:Ok, I live 4 hours away from the surgeon, hospital etc. I am scheduled next Wednesday. Nut every day they come up with just one more thing I need. Today it was an EGD. I was never told I needed one but thank GOD I had one in May and was able to get a copy and fax in before I left home and drove 4 hours for my nutrition class in the morning. They have yet to give me a time for the surgery, no appt for the pre-op visit, but I am penciled in for the surgery on Wednesday???

Go figure. They took me off my hormone pills and I am about ready to give it all up. I have spent a fortune coming back and forth, hotel rooms, meals, gas and I am a self pay:faint:I need words of encouragement FAST. I don't drink but I am just about ready to start!! Thanks Ya'll. Beverly:angry

Hey Bamalama,

Hang in there...I am going to be banded in August I can only imagine what you are going through but trust me it will all be worth it the end....nothing is more important that your health and peace of mind...take care girl.

Hey, please don't give up. I can sympathize. It is the same for me and my husband, it seems they keep finding things that we need to do, seems a little disorganized, but I am going to keep at it. Oh and try having to fly over to another island everytime we have to visit him and do another appointment. That also requires us to get a rent a car and airfar, and sometimes a hotel room. But at least our insurance is paying for surgery. I hope things get better, and chin up, there is an end. Good Luck

Bam,

Hang in there, I can relate...my surgeons office is a bit disorganised too I lost my faith with them when the assistant said OOPS....I forgot! (To call my insurance office here in town to get the guarenteed aproval information) its been like pulling teeth eversince :heh: Fortunatly its almost over:) 1 week from Tuesdat I'll be a bandie!!:)

Hey Bama,

I am also self pay so I hear ya loud and clear. Remember though that you are PAYING for this service. If you were paying $20K for some landscaping and the landscaper wasn't saying anything but "I'll be there don't worry" you would damn well be on the phone saying "I want a datee and a time". Do the same with your office. Tell them you are frustrated because you want to be 100% sure that all the ducks are in a row as you live 4 hours away. Tell them you have no pre-op appts scheduled and ask them to schedule them while you are on the phone. You might be surprised at how willing they are to work with you.

Re: surgery time, that's not abnormal. My surgery was on a Thursday at 8 am but I didn't know that until 2pm the day before. I knew it was on Thursday but didn't know time. That's because of OR suite booking so don't be alarmed if that happens. It's pretty typical.

Good luck and remember you have the right to ask these things!

Bamalama,

I fly from Maine to Houston Tx to get my fills each month. I can TOTALLY relate to the expense...but i chose this, im glad i did...hang in there. if you want this bad enough, you will get through it. The pre op stuff is nothing. just get through it. once you have the surgery thefills are once a month and to be honest, a nice break. hormones are a b$tch. :)

hi lizrbit, have u found a place closer so that you won't go so far? i am sure some other posters asked this question

Yikes! Do you go to Texas monthly by choice?

I am in Massachusetts and there are so many places that do the surgery here. I am sure you would be able to find someplace closer for your fills if that is what you wanted.

If you want any help in that regard feel free to PM me.

thanks!

so far though, by the time i buy a ticket to mass, i might as well fly to Houston. i get a break by buying way in advance. i have relatives in south texas and i try to visit them while im there, as well as just enjoy the gulf in galveston.

Im originally from the southern united states and i moved here four years ago. I love maine this time of the year, but i hate the winters.

Beverly, get a grip. You're going to go through all this cr@p and pitch it at the last minute???? What the heck??? You can do this! Think of all the time and effort and money and pain and torment you put into getting FAT over the years. A little bit more to start getting thinner ain't no big thang... Just bust a move the next time you go in to the office then blame it on the lack of horrormones. Do a little bit of screaming ranting and raving and I'll bet you get some action. It might not be exactly what you want, but it beats not getting any reaction at all, right? ***This has all been said a bit tongue-in-cheek...a bit!***

Bless your heart...honey, just hang in there...just keep on doing what you have to do and then it will all be over....I know this must be so frustrating....just hold on and look at what you will get for all your hard work...good luck...