Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I am very encouraged by all of you. All of you seem to be doing great. Way to go Susan, Leslie, Argon, Donna, and Jim your weight loses are fantastic.

I was newly banded on June 2, everyone here seem to be doing so good, and this is very encouraging.

I weighed my self this morning and I am down 14 lbs, that gave me a happy face and hope things continue to go so well. Just wanted to say hi and congrats to all!!!!

*LOVE MY NEW BAND*

Hi everyone,

I am very encouraged by all of you. All of you seem to be doing great. Way to go Susan, Leslie, Argon, Donna, and Jim your weight loses are fantastic.

I was newly banded on June 2, everyone here seem to be doing so good, and this is very encouraging.

I weighed my self this morning and I am down 14 lbs, that gave me a happy face and hope things continue to go so well. Just wanted to say hi and congrats to all!!!!

*LOVE MY NEW BAND*

Welcome! and congratulations on your first 14 lbs!

Yes, it is all very encouraging. I'm newly banded and after losing about a pound a day after surgery (13 days ago), have really slooowwwed down the weight loss. I keep remembering that this is the time to heal and not lose weight.

At least I haven't gained anything and know that the weight will eventually come off. Last summer that I will be fat. Can't wait for next year! :-)

I, too, am happy with my decision to be banded.

Gibby1227 and Bejeweled. Your weight loss is fantastic. I didn't much if anything during my post op but I didn't go up either. I had my first fill on June 11 with 3 ccs and when I went in today for another fill (1cc) I had lost 2.5 lbs. I couldn't believe it because I had done a little grazing between meals. I am soooooo happy with my band too!!!!

Last fat summer for me too Bejeweled.

Gibby1227 and Bejeweled. Your weight loss is fantastic. I didn't much if anything during my post op but I didn't go up either. I had my first fill on June 11 with 3 ccs and when I went in today for another fill (1cc) I had lost 2.5 lbs. I couldn't believe it because I had done a little grazing between meals. I am soooooo happy with my band too!!!!

Last fat summer for me too Bejeweled.

Wow! DonnaD that's great. How do you feel after your second fill?

Jim,

You have done a great job losing 60 pounds already!! I bet you are feeling a lot better. I was banded May 9th and had my first fill last week. Keep up the good work, you are an encouragement to us!

Susansilver so far so good. I definately feel the restriction. I can't guzzle as much Water all at once but today is the first day and I haven't really had much to eat. I think it will be okay.

So it's not working so good today! I noticed last night that I have been able to eat way more than I did last week. And I am very hungry in between meals. I have my second fill July 4th - and I hope that will help things along.

I'm sure they'll fix you up. Be patient though and don't get so much that you'll be in the OR. I am able to eat today and I am fuller faster than I was with just 3cc. I'll wait and see how well I do when I go for my 3rd appt.

Very sensible Donna. It' true that I am impatient and I should use this time to concentrate on taking smaller bites and chewing properly so I won't PB every day after my second fill.

When I was at the office there was a lady there that went to the bash and said that an MD who had the surgery said that we should be using a baby spoon to eat. That way we can't put too much on the spoon therefore less choking. That is what I am doing now. This last fill is great. No more need to snack, I feel full longer and I was 2 lbs less this am in the nude. I will try not to weigh again until I go for 3rd fill on July 11th. I may not get the fill but I will go to see the others and have a chat. I heard that Maral is leaving soon. What the hell is happening there!!!!!

I heard that Maral is leaving soon. What the hell is happening there!!!!!

At the bandsters lunch at Yorkdale, it was mentioned that Maral is going to Fort McMurray because her boyfriend works there. She'll still be doing stuff with TLBC - like the support conference calls. I've never met her but I have spoken to her once over the phone. She seems really nice.