Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Couple of questions for those who have already had surgery:

1) How long until you returned to work? I have an office job that is not too tough physically and I was wondering if I will be able?

2) If you have someone with you, are they required to return to the hotel the night of surgery or will they be permitted to stay if they wish?

Thanks!

1) I returned to a physical job (walking, standing, bending, lifting, squatting) after 1 week, but had to limit my lifting to less than 20 pounds for 3 weeks.

2) ask your coordinator. My room only had my bed in it, so don't know where another person would sleep.< /p>

I asked if I had a coordinator assigned to me, but did not get an answer. Seems like if I ask more than 1 question per email, I only get 1 question answered. Thanks for the reply, Kindle!

Kindle, how was your energy levels returning so quick?

As you know VegasOne I will be there the 28th, surgery the 29th and I will stay two nights at hospital due to me having lap band to sleeve revision. So I will be at hotel day of your surgery. We are scheduled to leave on the 3rd. How are you doing so far on the preop diet? My husband is struggling but hanging right in there. He's lost 17 in a week on the phase1 Atkins diet. Next week starts his 2 weeks of liquids. Eeek!! That's going to be rocky two weeks in our household!!

Doing OK on the pre-op diet. Not much fun, but diets never are. I received the Vitaleph products today, so I will be trying that tomorrow. I actually like the pre-made Premier brand shakes and BSN "Lean Dessert" is really good. Mix with Water and almond milk. I think my weight-loss is on track. I have had a couple of salads with grilled chicken, but now that I'm approaching my 2 week mark I will tighten my intake to the exact diet as prescribed. Not sure if it will be easier or harder but we are leaving on vacation this coming WED and will be traveling until our arrival on SEP 30 in TJ.

I was pretty tired and hit the couch when I got home, but certainly doable. I really don't remember having major energy issues that affected my work. I just had to make sure and have plenty of Protein Drinks and fluids along for the day since I was on liquids for 18 days. I had to stop at the convenience store for milk or Vitamin Water a few times when I didn't plan ahead.

I asked if I had a coordinator assigned to me, but did not get an answer. Seems like if I ask more than 1 question per email, I only get 1 question answered. Thanks for the reply, Kindle!

Just keep asking. Or even call. Who are you communicating with? For me it was Carolyn other than one time she was out of town and I got a response from Lori. I emailed dozens of questions and always got answers.

Good luck to you! You will be amazed at how awesome this surgery is.

Couple of questions for those who have already had surgery:

1) How long until you returned to work? I have an office job that is not too tough physically and I was wondering if I will be able?

2) If you have someone with you, are they required to return to the hotel the night of surgery or will they be permitted to stay if they wish?

Thanks!

Hi VegasOne

1. I returned to work 14 days after surgery. I actually am enjoying the first weekend after my first week back. I too have a desk job, and to be honest with you I feel great. Biggest worry was ensuring I had all my liquids and Protein. :)

2. I do not know of anyone that had someone stay with them, but let me assure you that you will be sleeping most of the time anyhow and you will be well taken care of by the medical team. Your companion will also be fine at the hotel, the staff there are great and my companion felf safe on her own.

Thanks Kindle. I will call on MON. I've just been emailing support@ and don't always get the same person. Thanks for the positive encouragement!

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow Cody's Mom!

I look forward to hearing all about it. 

I'm heading there on Saturday for surgery on Sunday with Dr. E Ortis. Barngirl and Sashasmom both had theirs done with him in the last two weeks and said it was great, without any complications. 

Well still sitting waiting for my surgery I requested to be first, so they put me last. Don't make that mistake. Been NPO since last night at 8:00, didn't get an IV with fluids till 1:30, so dehydrated by that time and they couldn't get a vein for the IV so repete stabs! No one here to talk to or ask questions, so far nurses have been anything but compassionate! So many bells and whistles are going off in my head right now, I feel like pulling the IV and calling another doctor. It's now almost 4:00 pm another two hours I was told for my surgery. Lots of time to reflect if I'm doing the right thing or if I choose the right doctor. At this point I'm anything but impressed with Dr. E. Ortiz and this team.

Not expecting to find smiling faces and confident hearts around here. I've gotten myself so upset m have what I think to be an anxiety attach.

Really I just tried to have a shower to to calm myself down, slipped in the shower and almost put my IV pole threw the plexi door and not one person cared to check! The air conditions in my room doesn't work and I can't get up without seeing stars. The care in Canada isn't even this bad! Truly am feeling this was a mistake!

I guess the worst is yet to come, oh yay for me!

I truly believe I chose the wrong Doctor and medical company. I have sever doubts and confidence in ALM, and am trying to decide if I should walk out, I'm sure other doctors have better care!

My IV bag dried out long ago, and not one nurse has come to check since it was put in. I'm really emotional and angry right now, neither is a good combination going into surgery.