Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Greetings OCCers! My surgery is scheduled for Friday, dec 20 and would be flying home Monday, dec 23. However, with the flight schedule available, I would be leaving San Diego at 3:20, have a 1 hr 45 min layover in Salt Lake City and get to my final destination about 9:15pm. Then I have a 1 1/2 hour drive home. Is this going to be too much to handle 3 days post op? Plan B would be to stay an extra night in TJ and fly home Tuesday morning. I'd love to be home sooner than later, but I don't know if that's too much to expect.

We spent the first night in San Diego and flew the next day. Then flew from San Diego to Detroit, had an hour and a half layover then flew to final destination and drove for an hour home.

It was ok. I had help with me.

I'm in the same boat, Kindle.

I have one layover and then don't land in BC until 10pm and then have an hour and a half drive home. I'm also going alone.

Healthbound1, what day is your surgery scheduled?

Hey goofy, my surgery is on Wednesday Dec 4th. I start my pre-op diet in 2 days Ahhhh! I'm really nervous about it because I'm away all week for meetings which will make it very challenging to just eat 3 shakes and leafy greens. Not only because everything is either catered or from restaurant but also because I'm not telling anyone I'm getting sleeved. I am lying. It feels horrible to write that. But it's the choice I'm making. I'm telling everyone I'm getting surgery for a hiatal hernia. But I'm pretty sure there isn't a 15 day pre-op diet for that.

Hey goofy, my surgery is on Wednesday Dec 4th. I start my pre-op diet in 2 days Ahhhh! I'm really nervous about it because I'm away all week for meetings which will make it very challenging to just eat 3 shakes and leafy greens. Not only because everything is either catered or from restaurant but also because I'm not telling anyone I'm getting sleeved. I am lying. It feels horrible to write that. But it's the choice I'm making. I'm telling everyone I'm getting surgery for a hiatal hernia. But I'm pretty sure there isn't a 15 day pre-op diet for that.

That will be challenging but you can just tell them you are on a diet and trying to lose weight. No lie there :)

That will be challenging but you can just tell them you are on a diet and trying to lose weight. No lie there :)

Doin ok. Throat still just kills. No fever. Down 30 lbs in 30 days which I love! The only thing is I cannot get in my Protein Shakes without gagging. I'm about ready to jus start pureeing food so I can get some nourishment!

Hey Karliy. Glad you're doing better. Those Protein Shakes do start to get nauseating, I'm not even going to sugarcoat it. I had to switch things up and eat Jello and other things and sacrifice Protein shakes on some days toward the end of the full liquids. I was SUPER over the shakes and Protein Powder in general. I mixed some protein powder in my mashed potatoes the other night and I couldn't take it- up chuck!! Right now my nose is in overdrive as well like a pregnant woman. So many things stink and make me nauseated! I'm hoping it runs it's course or at least dies down a little.

Mouse I hope you're still doing good too.

Hi Mbindra!

Mazzers, welcome back!! I'm not sure what shakeology is, but it seems like everyone kind of does their own thing preop, then they kind of narrow things down post. I was drinking Atkins a lot preop but because of sugar don't use them much. Plus my taste buds have changed. Things don't taste the same!

Hey guys, im new to this forum. my sleeve date is scheduled for december 30th. but reading through all of your guys's experiences has got me really excited!

Hey there, I'm scheduled the same day. Maybe I'll see you there. Where are you flying in from?

<br><br> Hey Karliy. Glad you're doing better. Those Protein Shakes do start to get nauseating, I'm not even going to sugarcoat it. I had to switch things up and eat Jello and other things and sacrifice Protein shakes on some days toward the end of the full liquids. I was SUPER over the shakes and protein powder in general. I mixed some protein powder in my mashed potatoes the other night and I couldn't take it- up chuck!! Right now my nose is in overdrive as well like a pregnant woman. So many things stink and make me nauseated! I'm hoping it runs it's course or at least dies down a little. <br> Mouse I hope you're still doing good too. <br> Hi Mbindra!<br> Mazzers, welcome back!! I'm not sure what shakeology is, but it seems like everyone kind of does their own thing preop, then they kind of narrow things down post. I was drinking Atkins a lot preop but because of sugar don't use them much. Plus my taste buds have changed. Things don't taste the same!

So were u getting in much protein by the end of your full liquids phase? I am not getting more than 20-30 grams a day!

Hey guys! I'm doing great! Sorry, this new stupid format for the forum never tells me when my threads update!! So frustrating.

I'm sure I'm not getting in enough Protein or liquids, but I'm more or less satisfied. Protein Shakes are the devil and i rarely bother choking them down. Sadly caught a cold and have to get wisdom teeth out on top of everything! SOOOO excited for next week when I get to eat chicken! I could sing! Then I might be getting in too much protein in a day hahaha. Gonna cook super healthy, easily digested protein and chew chew chew.

No more gas, my incisions look CRAZY awesome, they might not even scar except maybe my drain.