Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Virginia

I just got my date - July 12! I'm full of anticipation and trepedation, but full speed ahead, ya know? I've been reading and don't know what the term "PB" means. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks! I've learned so much from everyone here.

hi this is my first day on this sight but I just found this and copied it for you

Abbreviations and What They Mean

Weight-loss surgery, band-specific, and general medical terms:

PB: "productive burp" -- what happens when something eaten can't go down due to restriction has to come back up

NSV: Non-scale victory -- a weight-loss achievement that has little to do with numbers

WLS: Weight-loss surgery

MO: Morbid Obesity (or morbidly obese)

BMI: Body Mass Index

GBP: Gastric bypass surgery

RNY: Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery (the most popular type of bariatric surgery)

DS: Duodenal switch (another type of bariatric surgery)

BP: blood pressure

PCP: Primary care physician

GP: General practitioner

NP: Nurse practitioner

PA: Physician's assistant

BC: Birth control (or BCP: birth-control pills)

OTC: Over the counter (i.e., non-prescription medications)

NSAIDS: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (a class of painkillers--which includes ibuprofen--bandsters should try to avoid because they can add to ulcer risk).

AF: "Aunt Flo" -- menstrual period

GERD: Gastro-esophageal reflux disease

#/#/# in signatures: weight pre-surgery/current weight/goal weight

And some general abbreviations used here and elsewhere on the web, not related to banding or weight loss:

LBT: LapBandTalk.com -- this wonderful place on the web!

OH: Obesityhelp.com -- another support site, with message forums

BIL, SIL, ILs: Brother-in-law, sister-in-law, in-laws

BTW: By the way

DH: darling (or dear, or danged, or use your imagination) husband

DW: darling... wife

DD, DS: darling... daughter, son

IMHO: In my humble opinion (and its cousin, IMNSHO: in my not so humble opinion)

IIRC: If I recall correctly

ISO: In search of

LOL: laugh out loud

OMG: Oh my God

OT: Off-topic

ROTFLMAO: Rolling on the floor laughing my a** off!

TMI: Too much information

WRT: With regard to

WTF: What the f...?

WTG: Way to go!

YMMV: Your mileage may vary

you are so welcome i think I should have just used the Quote thing but i did not know how !

Hello from the Newport News area of Virginia! My appointment is this Wed with the surgeon; so I guess I'll find out then if I'll be "banded" or not!

Good luck!

Susie

Tomorrow I get my labs done and then I start the Liver Shrinking Diet - and I just have to take things one at a time until the 12th. I hope you get good news and like your surgeon. I'm in Richmond and so far the medical personnel has been excellent - along with all the support groups they offer. I remain hopeful.

Yes, he's doing mine. I see him tomorrow and I really cannot wait! It's been two months since I listened to him do a one hour presentation. Truly had made my mind up before I left, but am glad I had the time to really think it over.

You were happy with him? I haven't seen any bad news about him yet...

Thanks for the input! Susie

Seems like Dr. T has a fan club and don't even know it. :clap2: He did my surgery as well. I have found him to be most helpful. The surgeon and his staff makes all the difference. I hope that you find a friendly reception at WLSC just as I did.

Best wishes,

Janice

Hi Janice, and thanks for the input. Cat from his office, should be calling me tomorrow with additional input, but Dr T has okayed me for surgery!

Yippee!!!!!!

xo, Susie.

Hello, I was also banded in Virginia and doing great. I wish you the best of luck with your banding.