Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month post op well will be on the 23rd. I just got back from seeing my Dr. And she was disappointed in me. ???????? I lost 9lbs for a total of 23 post op 33 since the pre-op diet and all together since starting this process 50lbs. I'm so sad right now. She asked me why I didn't get the DS and every time I go in she asks me this. It was a mix up on their end not mine. Ultimately I don't believe that God makes mistakes. And the surgery is done what is the point in asking me this over and over .. As she was talking my happy mood turned to a discouraged mood. She made it seem like I was doomed for failure and a 9lb weight loss in 2 weeks is unacceptable. She put me back on liquid for 5 days, And that hurt. She told me to up my exercise and that hurt too ..as I am exercising every other day for at least 45 minutes plus eating right. I just graduated to soft food. I'm lost and let down .. Just needed to vent! I guess I need to do something different and the thought of giving up and saying forget it has popped in my head several times today. Ps. She didn't even say good job on the 9lbs .. Super sad about that????????????

Honey if you have lost 50 lbs in one month you are doing excellent. That is a lot, I think you are

just anxious to get it all off but you didn't gain it in one month so you can't reach your goal in a

month. Trust me, you are doing great. You will be feeling better and losing lbs in no time. I have

read a lot of posts about sleevers hitting a plateau and once you break that you start to lose

again. I am five months and ten days post op and I have lost 91 lbs but it has not been easy. This

is a process and we have to work really hard to get to our goals. Take care of yourself and hang

in there.

Wow.... is this your Sleeve surgeon or your PCP?

Wow.... is this your Sleeve surgeon or your PCP?

She is in the surgeons office. I have only seen my surgeon 2xs the day of surgery and the day after. This guy is super busy because it was extra hard to get him. Runs three different offices and operates out of three hospitals .. Very high demand which is why I picked him. ????????So he has a PA running the office for follow up and what not. That I found out about only after everything "paper work" was done.. Didn't want to change at that point and she seemed nice and professional. But I must say I'm sad .. I should be proud of myself but I guess it's that old me in my head saying wow Coleen look your a disappointment again .. You had this major surgery and still can't lose what is expected of you. I kept asking her is this normal should I be doing something else. She just said go back to liquid your not losing enough.

I am so sorry she wasn't able to give you some constructive help and encouragement.

I know some of their expectations for weight loss are based on your starting point (height, weight, BMI, etc). From my standpoint it sounds like you are doing well.

Are you able to get in all your Protein and fluids every day? If not, maybe that is why she wants you to step back to fluids. Just a thought.

coleenrenee: I think you are doing great, I only lost 45 lbs. my first month and that was only

because i was so sick. So, I think you are doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work.

I'm really trying to stay encouraged .. I guess it's back to liquids I go Reluctantly.. Thanks for the talk .. You all have helped me so much.

I hate that the PA has you feeling discouraged. I think 9 lbs in 2 weeks is very good, for what its worth. That is 4.5 lbs a week. But if they want 5 more days of liquids then I would do it too. Hang in there, and don't let anyone get your spirits down.

I have the list of changes its actually 2 days liquid 2 days purée and 2 days soft .. Repeat... no regular diet until I go back for my 2 months. That's only 6 days what do I do for the 7th day and I'm really dreading calling the office. Annoyed that I got all in my feelings ???????????????? I talked to a co worker and she suggested staying on liquid for the duration of 4 months ???? I instantly thought she was ????'s but maybe that's what is required .. Starvation ????

That's wild! I just made my one month anniversary yesterday. I've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks, 17, since day of surgery,27lbs since 4/4. My dr. Is happy and reassured me that I will reach goal. I lost 4 inches from waist in a month INSANE!

Every patient is different because our starting points are different, our comorbidities are different and our ultimate goals are different. I'll be one month out on the 24th. I'm down by 77#s but I was as big as a house when I started so I would expect to lose more at first. Think back to when you started. Wouldn't you have been happy with 50#s the first month? I would have been. DON'T LET THE PA DISCOURAGE YOU! Keep the faith and keep working.

The last thing you want to do is starve. This is completely different than our previous diet thinking of deprivation. Whatever you do (liquids, puréed, etc), I would highly recommend following your PAs instructions as closely as possible and getting in all your Protein and Water. That will ensure you don't "starve".

The doctor can say whatever- maybe she was having a tough day. Don't give up you are doing GREAT!!!! Any thing down is down! Let me just add great job on all of your weight loss.