Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi i am 21.. getting banded in august..if all go's well.. still have to get 2 more things done... i need some friends.. i dont know anyone personally that has had the band

PLEASE SOME ONE TALK TO ME:)

oh just to let ya know

im freaking awesome...

even before being banded

Hopefully getting this done in Aug. I'll be your friend if you don't mind having one that's twice your age!

I'm freakin' awesome too - just wait til I'm banded...

twice your age here too but have lots of banded friends. It's very helpful as you can help each other along as to what expect and when you have a problem your banded friend has most likely done been through it and can give you advice. I'd be happy to be your friend and email or pm me anytime if you want.

I have the same prob. I'm 30 (in one week, I'll be 31!) and I just got banded 5 weeks ago today actually. It's my 5 week bandiversary (ew, I never thought I'd use that term but I guess it works). What do you know? But I don't really know anyone who's been banded either. I shouldn't say that b/c I've gotten a few nice and helpful emails (I mean, like 2) from here w/ questions and suggestions which has been amazingly helpful since I was the only one from my hospital's support group w/ lap-band. It was not fun to be the only one. Half of the people there didn't even know what it was. So if I can help answer any of your questions (along w/ these other people who prob have more experience), I'd be happy to do so. I could also use the support, big time. We all can I think. So I'll be your banded friend too! ps- I'm pretty kickin' w/ or without the band :scalesno:

hi tlambright1986,

Im 21 also. Im not banded yet, going for my consultation next week. I am hoping i will be banded within a few months. Keep in touch.

Lipgloss :cheer2:

I have been banded since February 2005, and have gone from 297lbs to 107lbs as of today. I had a Tummy Tuck on August 15th 2006, after getting to my goal weight.

Is there anything in particular you wanted to know?

Oh yeah, by the way, I freaking rock.

Hi chickie,

well done on that weight loss. I hope in two years time i will have lost alot of my weight. I'm just wondering whats it going to be like after the surgery like, ive read some bad things on here, like it doesnt work for everyone and u have to work hard with the band. Where are u? Im in Ireland. How much was your Tummy Tuck if you dont mind me asking? What has been people's reaction to ur weighloss? did u lose slowly/fastly? also how many stone did u lose before people started noticing? god sooo sorry about all the questions. i hope u dont mind.

And yes u freaking rock, u go girl. :rockon:

lipgloss :cheer2:

Hi chickie,

well done on that weight loss. I hope in two years time i will have lost alot of my weight. I'm just wondering whats it going to be like after the surgery like, ive read some bad things on here, like it doesnt work for everyone and u have to work hard with the band. Where are u? Im in Ireland. How much was your Tummy Tuck if you dont mind me asking? What has been people's reaction to ur weighloss? did u lose slowly/fastly? also how many stone did u lose before people started noticing? god sooo sorry about all the questions. i hope u dont mind.

And yes u freaking rock, u go girl. :rockon:

lipgloss :cheer2:

It's true that the band isn't right for everyone. Some people do have a really hard time with the changes that are required to make it work. And it is true. You do have to work hard with the band. But nothing worth having is easy to get, right?

I live in Australia, and we have socialized medicine (you have that in Ireland too, right?) and with my private fund, my out of pocket was about $1800, out of the roughly 10 thousand Medicare and my health fund was billed for. So cheap as far as I am concerned.

For the most part people have been really happy and supportive. I get the odd negative comment, but I brush them off. Usually they come from people with gigantic sticks up their asses, so it's pretty easy to ignore.

As these things go, I am told that I lost pretty quickly. I got down to 140lbs by my tummy tuck in August 2006, so a 157lb weight loss in 18 months (I lost the rest of the weight that brought me down to 107 in the last 10 months) So, I guess I have to agree with my surgeon that I did lose pretty fast.

How long did it take for people to notice? Well, I am about 2cm taller than a leprechaun, so it took maybe 70lbs / 5 stone before people started commenting on my loss. But I saw it long before the public did. I saw it in my boobs, thighs, stomach, my face, my ass... Everywhere.

LOL, the questions are no problem at all!

I would be happy to be your friend. I am in a small town in New Mexico, and I am driving out-of-town to have mine done. Surgery is approved by insurance, I have completed the nutrition and psych consult, and see the surgeon July 13 (YEAH), looking out August probably.

We don't have really any support groups or meetings, so I am going to have to use this website. About me, 5'2", 234 lbs. Been dieting since I was 12 years old. I have a fatty liver, HTN, and I am predisposed to diabetes, and heart disease throught family, and I had gestational diabetes with my last child. On top of it all, I am an RN, so I know where I am headed if I don't change my ways soon. The wake-up call came for me this year, with my fatty liver and HTN. UH-OH!

I am excited and nervous all together. This is going to be a huge change for me, one that is breaking family cycles. Everyone in my family LOVES to eat, and you can tell. I have two children 6 and 8, and a husband who are all very active, and I want to be too. I was once, a dancer!

I have the support of my family, by their word, but it will be interesting to see how they act. I work for a very supportive cardiologist, who was the first person I ever met that his life did not revolve around food!! An inspiration really. I have a lot of friends, some I will have the support of, and some are overweight too, and I can tell already they may not be that supportive.

I want to know what made this surgery be you final decision in how you would lose weight?

For me, as I said earlier, it is for my health and for the first time in a very long time, it is for ME! I have failed in the past with many diets, and I can't seem to ever loose that vision I had of myself when I was younger and could do more, I.E.-exerecise, like I can do it now like I did when I danced! I have never had health complications due to my weight, until now and it was like Wake-UP! But, be realistic now, you need help too.

Can't wait to here from you all!!

Nperez

thanks everyone that replied to my post!!! cant wait to get my surgery.. i just need people to talk to!!

a question...

What was your worse experience

I got banded yesterday and I just got home. Everything went well with no complications. They discovered a hiatal hernia while they were installing the band so the repaired that as well. I have some discomfort with gas pains and some soreness around the incisions but so far so good.

I'm new here too and while I don't have any "friends" yet, everyone appears to be super friendly.

I will be your friend, though. I like you already! Do you want to know what I like most about you already? Your modesty!

im freaking awesome...

:(

Usually they come from people with gigantic sticks up their asses, so it's pretty easy to ignore.

As these things go, I am told that I lost pretty quickly. I got down to 140lbs by my Tummy Tuck in August 2006, so a 157lb weight loss in 18 months (I lost the rest of the weight that brought me down to 107 in the last 10 months)l!

Chickie, I really like you! ha ha ha Your progress is outstanding! Yay for you! :clap2:

Just wanted to add that I FREAKIN ROCK.....god help me when I am banded, I will be untouchable....lol!

I am 27 and also being banded in August....I would love to be your friend too......getting the warm and fuzzies from everyone yet....hehehehee