Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Junk Food Challenge

Good Goal Megan! You can do it, I have faith in you, we want to see a pic of you in that pretty pink scarf next week!

BTW, Love your avatar!

Nora, I'm feelin' ya, Baby, but I'd probably walk through snow in bare feet to get Kit Kats.

Megan, forget the challenge and go buy that pink scarf, and buy me one while you're at it. A woman simply can't go wrong with anything pink, let alone a pink scarf! Buy it for all the weight you already lost!

Now time for my confession - I SCREWED UP REALLY BAD. I did not even meet my own challenge, so I'm starting fresh today.

I did good at work - almost. I finished my lunch and should have put the rest away, but 20 minutes later had a couple more crackers and radishes. Sure, that doesn't sound bad, but it is a very, very bad habit to start. After lunch, not another bite till dinner.

Then came dinner. Way too big. I ate a whole can of raviolios with a chunk of ham, some Doritos and a couple tablespoons of macaroni salad. I wasn't stuffed just a lil uncomfy. Then came time for my daily goody, but I didn't stop at 2 baby candy bars - I had three. Then for some odd reason, I fell asleep (it was still light out.) I must have been really tired and cold, because I woke up near midnight wondering what day it was. Then came the horror - I hit the kitchen and had a little binge. I ate another whole meal, pistachios, and 4 mini candy bars at midnight, then went to sleep again. That's just a step away from my old eating (actually it didn't compare to my old eating but it was still very band-dangerous.)

So, I have to get back to my tiny plates and only twice a day. I'm going to Sam's Club today to buy individual Protein shakes. When I was really sucessful, I'd have a Protein shake every morning, but since I stopped, I've gotten messy. I stopped because I got burned out making them every day, so today I have a new plan. I MUST have a shake for Breakfast and I MUST sit down at a table to eat my meals. Shit's gotta change around here - and not just for me, for all of us. WE WENT THROUGH TOO MUCH TO SCREW UP AT THIS POINT, SO KNOCK IT OFF!

Time for military band camp!

Throw those darn candy bars away! You can't get up in the middle of the night and eat them if they aren't there!

Once you get back on track, you will be fine. The hardest part is getting back on and staying. I know you can do this!

I like this. And I like the idea of a prize. I've been on a plateau for a while and I've really been wanting one of those cute sweater poncho things. When the freaking needle on the scale moves I'm gonna go buy one. Step 1 is to partake in this challenge. Some days I only really want one piece of the candy. Other days it's crazy and I just gobble it all up. Stupid candy.

Lessee, I had cottage cheese for Breakfast, and a cup o' joe. need to have a good lunch and a good dinner and then a treat in there somewhere... that sounds doable.

Hey I bought these veggie chips... are they veggies or chips? lol

After I accepted this challenge yesterday, I went and found my sons halloween candy that was hiding in his room from the party the night before.

I ate all - ALL - all of the chocolate in the bag and left the "junk" candy for him...

what a wonderful mom, huh?

Today is a new day!

First thing I did was throw all candy in the trash ola'!!!

Now I shall be a good girl! :)

This thread makes it more "real" for me I think. More real in the sense that I NEED To get my head screwed back on straight. More real that I am in big trouble as far as gaining what I have lost if I don't stop the insanity. Remember that "Stop the Insanity" woman. She as a trip.

I can feel ALL your pain and frustration cause I am there right with ya. We should look at all this as an addiction. To me that is what it feels like. I gotta have it gotta have it. That is what my brain is telling me. My body is screaming NO YOU DON'T. Guess who wins?

I ate a tuna wrap last night with cheese and spicy mustard from subway. Not too bad then ate a whole freaking bag of CHEETOS. THere I said it. Not a small grab bag but a whole BIG FREAKIN bag. UGH!!

As scarlet would say on Gone with the Wind. TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY!

LOL!!!

Well, I made it through one day. Had my Chai tea and some peanuts, but I don't count the nuts as a treat. Today we got a little more candy for the trick-or-treaters -- but told DH to get something I don't like. Hidden in the bag were Jr. mints and tootsie rolls. Hmmm.... So far I've resisted, although I stashed a few away for "us".

We have 2 parties tonight. A charity dance with my parents, that should be safe, and a birthday party with a saloon theme, not so safe. Told DH that I was going to get smashed, so that would be my treat. Probably take about half a small drink to do the trick. :) Good luck to us all on the challenge.

Well, I went to a scrapbooking get togather last night. Tables were covered in chocolate candies of all sorts and the food table had chocolate chip Cookies on it (2 BIG plates full) I ended up having 2 Cookies and 2 mini krackles and 1 peppermint patti. I think that was fair compared to my old habits.

I did try to eat the taco salad she was serving but the seasonings were too much to handle 3 bites and I was DONE with that stuff. I don't know whats going on with seasonings here lately but I've become sensitive to them. Never was before as a matter of fact I ate jalapenoes on lots of things before the band. Anyone else have this problem?

That sounds like a good dinner, Lisa. :) I was never able to eat very spicy food, but now it is even more limited. I feel like my throat resists receiving anything too spicy. Too bad it doesn't resist sweets!

Paula! I'm ashamed of you because my mom never bought good stuff to pass out at Halloween, only crappy hard candy. But when we got home from trick or treating, she always got into our loot and took all the good stuff! Tsk tsk.

Last night was a one-time thing - hell, I hope! I never, ever fall asleep after work. But I guess my bod was run down. Today we went to lunch and I ate deep fried food (hey, lunch choices weren't part of the challenge.) I had a sampler plate of wings, fingers, cheese. So that part is okay with me, but I'm dying to get into the candy. I KNOW, I should put it away, but that's sacrilegious. It's Halloween!

Penni, when you say a big bag of Cheetos, do you mean the family size, or the Big Grab size that they sell at 7-11? Cuz the big one... I'd worry. Maybe you need to get your ass here with John Monday and we'll go to a couple OA meetings together (or just sit around laughing at each other.)

Lisa Green, good job at the party. You get a star. Spicy foods actually feel good in my little pouch. I must have corrosion on my esophagus from all my acid reflux and maybe the spicy stuff is burning it away. I make these stories up to make me feel better.

Bec.. you didn't buy one of them one-pounders for tonight, did you?

No one-pounder. I'd be very sick if I ate one, too. Nope, I got a bottle of wine and some vodka liqueur in a very pretty blue bottle for the birthday girl. I want to try the blue vodka stuff. (Here's your birthday present, can I have some! :) ) But I already got into the "stash" and ate a tootsie roll. liquids aren't included, right?!

Oh I really need this thread too - have just swallowed most of a tub of Extremely chocolate MiniBites (anyone from europe knows these from Marks & Spencers!) and am finding it so difficult to avoid all the crap food that goes down so easy.... Like Lisa, I am losing the same 4/5 lbs and gaining it again - just had my one year Bandiversary on Thursday and am so depressed I didn't lose more in the year... I feel so "sugared out" yet not motivated enough to quit bingeing... My new fill doesn't seem to give me much restriction either....moan moan whine whine.....!

Anyway....I'm so going to try with the one fun food thing... thank god I don't even know what Cheetos or the Spunkmeier Cookies are...phew! Thanks for the thread Lee-La (this is what I call you in my head, Lisa & Delarla mixed...I know, I'm weird...)

Lela is kinda cute! I like it! And I'm sucking badly at my own challenge, cause today I went to the movies. I didn't eat any normal dinner at all, just extremely buttered popcorn and candy. And for the first time since banded I had sips of hubby's Pepsi, which tasted like Syrup. I'm feeling crampy and bloaty, so I sure hope this is just PMS and my band didn't give up on me. Did anyone check the stars to make sure the band isn't affected by some Mercury retrograde or something? What's going on with all of us?

I was really glad when I read this thread. I was doing all the above and thought I was the only one. I couldn't lose anymore weight going back and fourth with about 5 pounds. candy, chips, cakes, popcorn, all of it went down very easy. And then I was filled on the 25th of October, what a wake up call. Big difference, Water was even a little uncomfortable at first. It is better now but for the first couple days I wasn't sure if I was to full. Now I think it is just right.

It has really made me stop and think. I guess I just thought I was banded so it was ok to eat whatever I wanted and I would just continue to loose. After all I was banded. I would read all of the threads and just want to cry I wasn't losing and I could no longer fool myself. I knew it was time for a fill but I guess I just thought it should still work on it's own. I wasn't exercising or watching what I was eating. Had I forgot that my band was just a tool? It was just like a car that needs a tune up now and then. My band needed a tune up in fact it needed a complete overhaul.

All these years that I have hated my scale when it was really a friend that was just trying to wake me up so that I could see that my band was just a tool. So thank you scale. It took me awhile but I have always liked to sleep late.

The junk food is still in the cupboard. I think about it because that is what we do. I am choosing not to eat it because that is what I should do. The band is a tool and I don't know about all of you but I really do need to remember that. We are all going to fall off now and then and that is ok as long as we remember to get back up. We all love good food we just need to make better choices. There is some good alternatives out there. I even found some BAKED CHEETOS they are awesome. Penni you may want to give them a try!!! Thank god we have scales and this web site to be are warnings that we have this great tool and it may need a tune up now and then. This is a great place and I need to come here more often. Support is a great tool and we all need it. So thank you all.

Kathy

Banded 5/21/2004

Dr. Lopez

:) -36???-42????

:sleep

Woke up and had a fill 10/25/2004

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Oh boy, do I need this thread! I think there must be something in the planets, or maybe it's El Nino. The Axis of Evil is not Iran, Iraq (pre-Saddam) and North Korea, it's Frito Lay, M&M Mars, and Cadbury. The only thing that works for me is keeping junk out of the house, period. If I have to have something, I have it at a restaurant or somebody's house. Otherwise I'm with Penni -- the size of the bag/bar/carton is the size of the serving.

DeLarla, I think all of us on LBT should sign a joint message to Erin: "Hello, dear, we don't know you, and your life is your business, but do you realize you are subverting someone who's worked very hard to lose weight, and who could use some support in her life-changing effort? Eat what you want, and as much as you want, but please keep it to yourself, or a bunch of big irritated women (and men) are going to kick your ass from hell to Breakfast."