Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August folks out there? I'm Scheduled for August 10.

Me too! Congrats mine is in Indy where are you going?

OMG I can't believe how excited most people are. I am scared to death. I am such a baby when it comes to pain. I did have a baby recently so hopefully it won't be as painful as that. I guess I am also scared that it won't work, that I won't be diciplined enough and I will be paying this giant bill for the next five years for nothing. My husband and family are all pretty nay saying about the whole thing. Please let it help me or my hubby will just kill me...lol

P.S. All set for 08/31 w/ Dr. Otriz and I think I will be traveling alone. Any other patients of his out there?

Hi Alexandra,

Did you gain any weight back since the first band came off?

All the best with your rebanding in August.

I am being banded as well in August for my first time.

The Pre-op and post op diet is what scares me the most. Any advise? How do you possibly get thru those weeks?

Lisa

Hey Wanabthin...keep me posted on how your pre op diet is going! If you've read any of my posts, that is what I am most afraid of....The train may not even leave the station !!

Have a great trip!

Lisa

Not to worry Judi, I hear you loud and clear !! I feel that IF i can get thru the pre-op AND post-op diet, then why couldn;'t I just have lost the weight on my own? And like you I wonder the whole day if I am doing the right thing and that I won't really go thru with it. I was suppose to send my deposit cheque for $2000. on monday, but I still have it sitting on my desk. I can';t seem to put it in the mail box ! It's non refundable !! And I keep thinking that as soon as I drop it in, then I'll come up with the golden reason why I shouldn't or can't have the surgery. Good bye $2000.

I'll keep you posted! Have a great trip...just think of next year's holidays....we'll be hot skinny mamas !

Lisa

Hi Alexandra,

Did you gain any weight back since the first band came off?

All the best with your rebanding in August.

I am being banded as well in August for my first time.

The Pre-op and post op diet is what scares me the most. Any advise? How do you possibly get thru those weeks?

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Yes, I'm sorry to say that I have gained weight, and at quite a rapid clip, too. I'm up about 30 lbs. It's killing me.

They gave me my date for surgery but I am still waiting for insurance approval. Anyone else in the same situration. I want to start buying the stuff I need for post-op but afraid if I do I won't get approved. I HATE WAITING!!!

Not me but for you August 10 will be a good day for you. My sone was born on that day back in 1974 and I been lucky ever since. My date is Sept, they should have made it the 16th that is my birthay but lets not rock the boat

Hey all....Our group is growing and growing! Can't wait until we are all shrinking and shrinking together!!! It IS going to happen!!!

So wonderful to "meet" all of my fellow Crazy Ates! I'm headed to the beach in the morning.....our 18th trip to the Outer Banks. As I think about it...I realize that I've sat on that very same beach for 18 years....and each time I was a different size!!! Just another reason *WHY* this surgery makes sense! I'm taking my laptop along....I may need some major support when I start the liquid pre-op on August 1. I'm counting on you all to get me through it.....get those encouraging words ready!!!

Before that, I'm not sure if I'll be checking in....I may be busy taking advantage of the days that I'm eating and drinking like the rest of our vacation group. And, most importantly---I wanted to send out a BIG "GOOD LUCK" to all those Crazy Ates who will be banded while I am gone (coming home August 5). I'll be thinking of you and sending good wishes across the sand, the surf, the sun, the stars, the highways and the biways! We're in the home stretch partners.....we're headed to the place were we belong.....BIKINI LAND.....LOL!!!!

This year, I may let someone actually take a pix of me in my bathing suit....what a great BEFORE picture that would make! Any picture after that would make for a great AFTER picture!!!

Best of luck to everyone....pre-op, during the op and post-op!!! We're all in this together.....!

Last fat vacation....here I come!!!:D:car::eek::car:

Judi

I don't know what is wrong with me. At times I can't wait to have the band and I know it's the right thing to do long term. Other times, I talk myself out of it. I am self pay. I had my initial consult yesterday and got a surgery date of Aug. 20th (if I want it).

A little background about me: I'm 35 and have battled my weight for 20 years. I'm a yo-yo'er (more up than down, though). In the past, I've been overweight a lot and really restrict my food intacke and/or run to take the weight off. I could almost always get it off. The problem was, it always came back and then some. I was on this board in March with a BMI of 35. I am short - 5'2" weighed around 194. I was very motivated to lose at that time and I have lost some. I have been hovering in the low 180s for the past month or so. Currently my bmi is around 32-33.

I am scared of having it done and I'm scared to not have it done. Is anyone else feeling this way? I am scared about long term complications that may arise from the band. I am scared of gaining back any weight I may lose on my own if I don't have it done. I am surprising myself at how quickly my mind will change. I go from REALLY REALLY wanting the band, to being scared and unsure about it. Sorry this is so rambling. :help:

Hi Tulips-

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I find myself "talking myself" INTO the surgery???? But then things happen that remind me I am doing the right thing: 1) a girlfriend of mine who was always "tiny" just had her first child and is struggling with a lot of weight; what will happen to me, I haven't even had children yet and I am struggling.

2). I have been going to the gym 2-3 times a week for a month now cutting back and the scale hasn't moved.!!! I feel better, then I put on clothes and I look the same. There was a time when I could do these simple things and I could take some weight off for a few months, maybe a year. BUT the time has come, the more I wait to do this the longer I am delaying the inevitable!

I am scheduled for banding 8/15/07 with Dr. Ortiz

Good Luck!

Hi Crazy Ates. I have started my 2 week pre-op diet leading up to my surgery on August 2. I am allowed 3 oz. of lean Protein 3 times a day and 6 servings of vegetables a day. That's it. No carbs at all. I know it could be worse (all liquid) but I am soooooooo hungry. I can do anything for 2 weeks though, so I'm going to be very good and get my liver shrunk down just like the doctor wants it. I am on my third day and it is actually getting a tiny bit easier. I gained 8.5 pounds from my initial consult on May 23 until my appointment with the nutritionist on July 17!! I shouldn't have been surprised. I had many "last suppers". Of course I now wish I hadn't done that, but eating regrets are not new to me. I am however, looking forward to them being a thing of the past. I have been up and down emotionally since I got my surgery date, but I am starting to feel consistently good about this decision and anxious to start a whole new life style.

Has any one watched the video of an actual lap band surgery? I'm trying to get up the nerve to watch it. Someone posted that it will make you want to stick to the pre-op diet when you see the liver being moved out of the way. Might be motivating but I just don't know whether I want to see it or not.

Judi, I hope you have a great time at the beach. I don't envy you having to start the pre-op while you're still on vacation, but I'm sure you will do fine. Did you ever get any appetite suppressants from the doctor? I wish I had some about now. Good luck to all of you who are getting ready to start the pre-op. You can do it!

Hello Fello Ates,

I have started my pre op diet and its going to be harder than I thought it would be. I do not care for the protien shakes at all but I do get one small meal a day. I too am going through th ups and downs emotionally. And I keep reading for support. Thanks everyone for being here.