Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August folks out there? I'm Scheduled for August 10.

Becky,

Thank you for your reply. I am definately leaning towards the surgery, but I just wish I were 100% sure. I also know that this in not a cure, but a tool. I am willing to work hard, and eat the right things -- not that I won't ever slip up, but I won't make a habit of slipping up. Congratulations on your date of Aug. 3rd. That is just around the corner.

Tulips (and anyone else plauged with uncertainty and wrestling with their decision)......;)

There is NOTHING wrong with what you are feeling or the questions in your mind! All of us know the anxiety and the uncertainty associated with big decisions in life....lapbanding being one of them! And, sadly, we know all too well the misery of failure.....or, more aptly...*ANOTHER DIET FAILURE*!!! :phanvan

I wish I could ease some of that for you and tell you exactly what you need to hear to bring you some peace with whatever decision you make. For some people, there is that "magic moment" that speaks to them and guides them to a decision. For others, their decision was made for them (which can happen in a variety of ways) or they found themselves faced with a crossroad in their lives and needed to make a choice. And, there are others who could not explain what brought them to their decision yet could tell you that it was the right one! As for me, the only things I can share with you is what I believe to be true and the feelings that I have. :decision:

As I see it..... what we all have in common is that somewhere in all of this, we had an opportunity. Just like all of the opportunities we are presented with in life....we can take it or not. Opportuniteis come with no guarantees. No 100% certainties. No get out of jail free cards. This surgery is just that.....an opportunity to find a new and possibly better and more long lasting way to overcome our challenges with food so that we could live the happier, healthier lives we deserve. And, it comes with no promises that it will be easy or painless! :)

For me...what it came down to is this...I had to find a way to put food in it's proper place in my life. It's not my enemy, it's not my best friend and it's certainly not worth all of the feelings and anguish that it has caused in my life! Putting myself in control of food has always been the goal that alluded me. A smart, educated girl like me....I couldn't fight a bowl of Pasta and meatballs to save my life!!!!:hungry::faint: Even when I'm on a "diet"....food controls me! If that education taught me anything, I knew that once I could stop food from controlling me......the benefits of better health, higher self esteem will follow. Simple! Right??? NOT SO FAST!!! Facing the fact that the only way for *ME* to control food was to restrict my consumption of it in a physical way was the path that took me to considering this surgery. It's like this...common sense tells us that the larger the glass...the more Water it will take to fill it. So, the key is to get a smaller glass. A whole new way of thinking about it! Once I began to think of it that way....it was a no brainer.:violin: That's my "song" and I'm sticking to it....LOL!!!!

Sometimes it just takes another way of looking at things. Sometimes it just takes a little more time. Whatever you choose Tulips.....good luck! We'd love for you to stay with us Crazy Ates!!! You are among friends and kindred spirits....! :cheer2:

Judi

I see the surgeon on July 13th hope it is lucky for me! Everything will then be submitted to the insurance company. Saying a prayer that I am approved!

Hey Pickles!

I just right clicked on the banner and selected copy.

Then, I went to my signature sheet, right clicked, and selected paste.

It should work.

Pickle....check the next post "....banner"....I have directions there. I hate to send you somewhere else but the reason why I can't tell you here is that I forgot how to do it!!! So, no need to apologize for being slow! It appears I have a limited capacity to retain information!!!! Hope it works for you....!

I went to the surgeon today and he set the date for August 13th as long as the insurance approves. I have faith that they will!!!

Val

Hi Valzie & Stonersmom! Glad ya'll are joining the Crazy Ates. We are growing every day and soon we will all be losing every day! Can't wait to get started and I'm so glad to have a bunch of new friends on the same journey.

Hi,

My name is Robin, I am happy to join this group. I just got my banding date today. August 13th. WOW.

Going through the 6 months of Primary care physician appointments seemed so long. The last one was June 21th and the pre-certification request went to my insurance company, and came back approved in less then 2 weeks. I just got my approval letter in the mail yesterday and today they scheduled me for August 13th. I was surprised this part was so quick. Like most, I am anxious and excited. I think I am more anxious about the 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after.

I look forward to going through this journey with the rest of you August 07 Bandsters

Hi Judi,

You certainly have lots of energy and a way with words. I guess I'll be the first of the "Crazy Ates" to be banded. I'll have the deed done on Aug.1 in CT. I haven't told anyone yet except my DH; he's not crazy about my having "surgery", but will support me in every way. Thinking of not telling any other family/friends until the surgery is over.

Trish

Hi everybody!!!

This is soooo exciting. I have scheduled my appt. for Aug. 8 in Mexico. Anyone else making the trip around that time?

I just cannot believe that I am doing this. But I am so proud of me. I have made quite a few sacrifices for this and am going to travel alone. I would rather be by myself than with one of my friends who keep telling me that "you're not that big." I am 5'7" 240 pounds with horribe joint pain and sleep apnea. The "barbie bunch" as I call them just don't get it. It is nice to have a place where everyone does.

Thank you for having me.

Ronda

This is my first time on a message board, and I am glad to have found this group. I have been approved and my surgery date will be either 8/7 or 8/14. I hope to find out today.

Looking forward to losing weight with you guys.