Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My band experience

I was banded on June 8 in Acuna by Dr. Rodriguez. It was absolutely a wonderful experience. All of the staff in Mexico were wonderful. All of the females were playing with our 11-month-old son the whole time. The friendliness of everyone there really made it an easy experience.

I cannot remember much before surgery. I just remember waking up asking my wife stupid questions. I wasn't in much pain. I knew I had the surgery, because I could feel a little tightness in my stomach. But other than that, it really went by fast.

My doctor told me that out of all of his patients that week, I was by far the easiest one. Don't know if it had to do with the pre-op diet or not. I only did about 8 days, not the 2 weeks I was supposed to do. Maybe the fact that I don't drink helped? I have no idea. Either way, he said I was VERY easy.

The night before, we were told we can eat whatever we want. You better believe I got my groove on. I took the wife to the Cheesecake Factory in San Antonio. I don't know HOW much bread I had. I do know I had a lot of it. I ordered a double cheeseburger with fries. I also ordered 2 different Desserts to go. It was so so good I can taste it to this day. lol

Anyway, here I am, 9 days post-op. I have lost about 15 lbs. since surgery. I have been doing pretty well. I wanted to kick myself the other day because I had some sugar free pudding and I'm still on liquids. I haven't been having as much Protein as I should be though. I have to step it up. This low card Protein Drink is just so disgusting that it is making me sick. I guess I'll order powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury or something.

I haven't felt much pain whatsoever. My incisions are still healing, but other than that, I wouldn't even know the band is there if I didn't know I have it. In the beginning, I'd get full off of 4 oz. of Water and protein. Now, there is MUCH less restriction. But I still can't see myself eating NEARLY as much as I used to when I am out of the post-op diet phase. I haven't even been really tempted by any junk food yet. If anything, the band has taught me to be discipline. Actually, the pre-op phase did that. Now, I don't know if I don't eat bad foods because I am strong or because I don't want to lose my investment.

Anyway, good luck to anyone else who HAS taken this journey or who PLANS to take this journey.

Your experience sounds like mine. Suggestion on Protein Powder. Go to Bariatriceating.com. They have a lot to choose from and so far I haven't found one I don't like. Some are vanilla, chocolate and fruity plus lots of other selections. Keep up the good work.

Protein supplements are a necessity.....you can't eat enough food to get all the Protein you need.....so keep trying! No need to drink crap!!

nectar makes wonderful Fruit drinks.....good to mix w/Chrystal Lite or tea or coffee. Hot or cold drinks.< /p>

Matrix makes wonderful choclolate and a creamsicle falvor as well as others.

whey Gourmet is one of the great new ones.

I don't even miss eating sweets because I enjoy my protein supps so much!! You need 60-80 gr/day.

Be sure you are using protein that is designed for bariatric patients, not jocks!! They are available at

netrition.com

bariatriceating.com (good recipes here)

rashad I Am Sooo Glad You Are Having A Great Recovery. I Hope I Feel The Same Way When I Get Banded. I Am Going To Try The Unjury Drink Tonight. I Ordered Some Online And It Finally Came In Today. I Will Let You Know How It Tastes. Also Are You From San Antonio? I Am From That Area, And I Have Got To Tell You The Cheesecake Factory Is One Of My Favorite Places To Eat. Best Of Luck To You. Keep Us Updated On Your Progress.

rashad

i Am Drinking The Unjury With Soy Milk Right Now, And It Is Very Good Tasting. It Doesn't Taste Like Most powders Out There. I Bought The chocolate Flavor And This Is Definitely Something I Will Not Have A Problem Drinking. You Should Try It.