Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

right after my surgery

Hi, I had the lapband put on on may 17th. I lost 9 lbs in the liquid only stage and now Im eating again and already I have gained back 3 lbs. I havent had a fill yet. but Im feeling depressed. I can eat like Ive always been able to eat. the only difference Ive found is that some foods are hard to get to go down, basically some meats. Is this normal. when do people start to feel full on small amounts of food? Im being careful not to drink with my food. I guess I was just hoping for no hunger! thanks, Julie:phanvan

dont start getting down on yourself. The point of the band is designed to have a fill in it. Right now it's just sitting on your stomach doing nothing (although for some that does provide restriction). I am getting a fill tomorow (first). So once you get fills it should get you what you want.

Yes, I went in for my op last fri and the nurse told me that once the restricted diet was over I would be starving as my band was not filled yet. As for lossing weight on the pre op and post op diet......... WEll, yeh, like I haven't eaten proberly in nearly 3 weeks. on clear fluids right now, the weight is dropping off me but I fully expect to put some on when I can eat more. I've not had the band fitted to loss 25 llbs a month I want steady eddie! that way it should hopefully stay off!

Jx

Yeah, i lost 30 really fast, then once i started eating normal again i steadied around -20lbs. Cuz i basically was fasting during pre-op. So when my body was able to get food again i gained it back...now just waiting for fill tomorow to get going down again.

Hope you'll be getting a fill very soon....you are in the most difficult phase of your wls right now. You have a tool, but it's not yet operational. Therefore you have to use a little willpower and self-restraint until you get good restriction. It may take more than one fill....or two....or three.... everyone is different.

Until you get good restriction, you'll do yourself a favor by going ahead and getting in your 64 oz Water/day AND your protein - Protein powder supplements are the low cal/low carb way to get in the 80-100 grams/day that you need. Find some you love and use them! If you'll cut out all white carbs (rice, Pasta, potatoes, white bread), you won't suffer from cravings so much.....that helps you stay in control much better.

Don't be depressed....you're going to do fine! We all start this journey with the fear that "I'll be the one person on earth that this doesn't work for." But it will work....it gets easier. Best wishes!

...protein powder supplements are the low cal/low carb way to get in the 80-100 grams/day that you need. ...

Just a quick comment... Not everyone should be taking in 80-100gms of Protein daily. That's a heck of a lot of Protein. My doc wants us to shoot for 60gms daily. When I consume 60gms daily my blood tests show I am getting plenty and I'm working out daily and losing weight rather quickly.

Whatever you don't absorb will either need to be burned off or it turns to fat. 100gms daily is a LOT of protein, it is hard on your kidneys as well.

Thanks for all the support!! It really helped. YOu do get to feeling your the only one with this problem . You read about everyones weight loss. and after you get on a scale and see a three pound gain. Well, I started my own pitty party. I'm looking forward to my fill in 1 1/2 weeks. thanks again. julie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches