Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Permanente Options program

How are you feeling now after your sleeve surlygal? What made you choose sleeve over bypass?

How are you feeling now after your sleeve surlygal? What made you choose sleeve over bypass?

I'm 3.5 weeks out and I feel great. 1st week was rough but feeling better daily. Now it's the battle of energy and fueling myself

I didn't want to dump, But had reflux - so I discussed my options with Dr Zane. Basically he said if my weakness will be sugar and sweets he suggested RNY otherwise he said sleeve was fine. He prescribes a reflux prescription for every patient for at least 1 month after surgery to help. He really didn't think one works better than the other for weight loss but individual medical issues could sway the decision.

@@surlygal Thanks for the info. That seems to be less than the 3 months of classes. Did you lose the 10% they ask you to lose? I would love to be in a secret FB group, do you know of one. I am reluctant to get on a public one since I don't want people (family and co-workers) to know what I am doing.

@@Soexcited The time goes fast. My classes are only 3 months vs. 6 months, but I liked having to be accountable for each week and have found that the food diary, weigh-in's, exercise tracking, etc., has helped me see what I am doing wrong. Good uck!

SouthBay Dr. Zane

He was my surgeon too! Such a nice man, really glad I ended up with him.

Tomorrow is my last class of 12 in the Kaiser Options Hollywood class. I have to say 3 months has gone very quickly! I am down about 15 lbs. I am thinking of continuing with the Healthy Balance class afterwards because I am not sure when I will be scheduled for surgery. I like going weekly to weigh in and being accountable. I think I might fall out of line if I don't have this regular check-in.

The Healthy Balance is $50 fee plus $10 a week though. Has anyone done this before surgery?

@@thisfathasgot2go Give yourself a couple weeks. Just stay on track. You should hear from the surgeons office pretty soon. Once your done with your class - which btw bring walking shoes because you've got a 15 min walk to pass. They give your file back to the Dr. who runs the program, they sign off and then it's referred quickly.Could be a couple weeks before the appt BUT it won't be long before you hear from them.

Edited by surlygal

OK, I will see how it goes tomorrow. Do you mean that I should bring shoes tomorrow to my last class or to the first meeting with the surgeon? I will let them know I am interested in the South Bay location to maybe get scheduled sooner. It looks like Dr. Zane has a good reputation, so I will see if I can request him. Thanks.

OK, I will see how it goes tomorrow. Do you mean that I should bring shoes tomorrow to my last class or to the first meeting with the surgeon? I will let them know I am interested in the South Bay location to maybe get scheduled sooner. It looks like Dr. Zane has a good reputation, so I will see if I can request him. Thanks.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes tomorrow night for the week 12 walk class.

Well I graduated! Officially lost 17 lbs. Yay. Now I will wait for my referral to see the surgeon if all goes right.

When you make appt with your primary. Always mention weight as appt reason . Then all the doc needs to do is look at your food and exercise logs and weigh you.

I guess it's because I don't have to check in any more, but I am eating more. I feel like I am sabotaging myself. Yesterday fried chicken was brought in the house and today, sausage and potatoes. I just wanna eat.

Thisfathasgot2go......why dont you check in anyway? Go get weighed in at your kaiser and have it recorded, its just going to get harder and if you gain what you lost your surgeon may make you wait and loose more first.

I received lively, happy go lucky phone call (at 7:30AM) from Ginger at Kaiser this morning letting me know they approved me for a referral to the surgeon in WLA or South Bay.

I need to continue losing towards my 10% and I need some questions to ask the surgeon.

Any suggestions?

They also asked me if I am considering RNY or GSV and I said RNY.