Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Permanente Options program

@@wheezysmom

Thank you for the quick response.

Wow that is really fast! My last class is September 1st. I have only lost about 1/3 of what I need to lose as far as the 10% requirement. Did you lose your 10% by your last class?

Edited by thisfathasgot2go

@@thisfathasgot2go

No I didn't lose the 10% of my body weight by the end of the classes. I was about 6lbs shy of my goal when I went in for the final body analysis. No one said anything about the goal, they just congratulated me for the progress that I made. I did hit the 10% by the time I went in for my pre-op appointment but again, no one cared lol

@@wheezysmom

Thank you for the info. I wish you much success in the rest of your journey.

Hi hopefully someone can help me. I have Kiaser in southern California I'm scheduled for the Options information session on Wednesday. I was reading through the pamphlet they mailed letting you know the requirements to be a candidate for surgery. I see one of them states that you have to had 6 months of a weight management plan within the last 10yrs. Basically meaning it would have had to been documented by a doctor. Well.... I don't have that, I've only attempted various dieting and exercise on my own. Do you know what I can expect to happen if this the situation? Thanks in advance! Ps: I've attached a pic of the paper where the information is stated its #2

My close friend had it done through Kaiser and it was six months of appointments with drs, therapist evaluation, nutritionist with diet and exercise plan and she said at first she was so upset because she wanted the surgery right away but then she realized it was the best tool they gave her to help her through surgery and then post op, she is doing amazing and she highly recommends the program she says really it's essential as annoying as it is in the beginning, the support groups is what she really enjoyed and making new friends that relate, she is a pound away from her goal weight in 8 months! So walk through it with kaiser I wish I had kaiser. She's in San Diego.

@@Pejela

I know San Diego is 6 months, but Los Angeles Kaiser offices are 3 months. I am starting week 8 and it is going very fast. I agree that the classes are an inconvenience, but they have been a wealth of information and accountability.

How exciting! Happy for you! When are you scheduled?

@@Pejela

I am not scheduled yet. I think I have to finish the classes (Sept 1) and then you get scheduled? I am trying to lose the 10% right now, as well as incorporate exercise, better choices and Portion Control.< /p>

You got this! September isn't far! What surgery are you getting?

I will probably go with the SLEEVE if the doctor agrees.

Great! They seem to lean towards the sleeve it seems because of the reduced risks post op but either way thank goodness we have these options and how much safer they are now then even 10 years ago.

I will probably go with the SLEEVE if the doctor agrees.

I had my first class May 5th and was sleeved August 3rd - I'm so thankful for the classes.

That was pretty fast @@surlygal

Who was your surgeon? West LA or South Bay?

SouthBay Dr. Zane

Im at Kaiser San Diego and its a 6 month options group. Id rather go have my surgery tomorrow but my angels are speaking so I'll be patient and listen ;)

Im at Kaiser San Diego and its a 6 month options group. Id rather go have my surgery tomorrow but my angels are speaking so I'll be patient and listen ;)

I felt the same way. Honestly, it wasn't until after my surgery that I've realized how much information was taught to me and how useful it's been. I'm on a few fb groups, it's amazing the amount of people who have not been educated and have many questions. Trust me you'll be thankful for your 6 months when it's all over :)