Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Permanente Options program

Hi hopefully someone can help me. I have Kiaser in southern California I'm scheduled for the Options information session on Wednesday. I was reading through the pamphlet they mailed letting you know the requirements to be a candidate for surgery. I see one of them states that you have to had 6 months of a weight management plan within the last 10yrs. Basically meaning it would have had to been documented by a doctor. Well.... I don't have that, I've only attempted various dieting and exercise on my own. Do you know what I can expect to happen if this the situation? Thanks in advance! Ps: I've attached a pic of the paper where the information is stated its #2

post-252753-14302552676687_thumb.jpg

I'm in Rancho Cucamonga and we didn't have to have that, just lots of blood work, EKG, chest x-ray, stool test, psych evaluation, and 12 weeks of options classes

Thanks for the info, hopefully it's the same here since Rancho isn't that far away. I'm going to the information session today so I'll know more afterwards. Thanks again!

I am starting the process like you. Tomorrow I am going to the orientation class at Kaiser Sunset.

I am starting the process like you. Tomorrow I am going to the orientation class at Kaiser Sunset.

oh cool, keep in touch please I just went to my first actual class on Monday basically it was paper work. Blah blah blah lol..... They gave us a binder with information and told us as of week 3 we can go for our blood and stool lab

So I am back from my orientation class tonight. I have to call tomorrow to see when the next Options class starts. It looks like Sunset only starts 1 class per month and May is already full. I think Baldwin Hills has two starts a month and they were not full last I checked. Has anyone asked their PCP for a referral to another Health Education location after the orientation.

I just think waiting 6 weeks til the June class is a waste of time and I could be half way through with the 12 weeks options class by the time this one starts.

Well, I guess I will be waiting until June 16 as that is when next set of Options classes start at Sunset.

Wow 6 weeks is a long time, I'm not sure about asking Pcp for another location to attend however its shouldn't be a problem I don't think. After all I just think they refer you to the location that's closest

I called Panorama City and they had a morning class start TODAY! That is what I wanted! Why did I wait to call! Ugh. I am hoping they will let me in next week and then do the 1st class make up on June 1st.

West LA starts an afternoon class on 5/28 at 4:30, but the morning class does not start until August.

Baldwin Hills has a class starting in July in the mornings.

Sunset is Friday nights at 5:30 starting June 16.

I am trying to make this work, but it might not.

Edited by thisfathasgot2go

I just completed class 7 at Kaiser Hollywood. Slowly changing habits, increasing exercise and losing some lbs.

Good luck to everyone in this thread. I am also in SoCal and completed the Kaiser options program; I had surgery on 7/6. Overall, I was happy with the process, especially since it seems a lot of people have to submit paperwork to their insurance company and play the waiting game, which I didn't have to do.

@@wheezysmom

How long from the last class, to the consult to surgery date? Did you do the surgery at West LA or South Bay or ?

Thanks!

@@thisfathasgot2go

Not sure if the tag is working or if I did it right, I am mobile. In the classes they kept telling us 4-6 weeks after the last class the surgeon's office will call. My last class was May 27th, the surgeon's office called June 8th. My consult appointment was scheduled for June 12th and my surgery date was initially set for July 7th but they called me a couple of days later and moved it up to July 6th. Looking back it went by really fast. I had surgery at the South Bay medical center.