Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not to thread jack or anything, but on the date of my surgery my BMI was at 55. Well north of the super morbidity obese. And this morning when I did my weight in I was at a BMI of 28. Not bad for about 17 months post surgery. Now according to the BMI chart, I'm just "Overweight".

I can't wait to be just "overweight"! lol!

Hopefully this will attach right

post-245068-14629248550415_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

Alindsey - I have my 1st appt with dr tomorrow. I have been sick running fever since Friday found out today little pneumonia going on. I talked to nurse yesterday telling her that I was having a hard keeping it at 35 She (nurse) told me not to worry. That I have several underlying conditions going on ...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My weight was 195 lbs (I'm 5'5) when I took the surgery, my BMI was around 32.

I noticed the last three years of my life I was gaining NOT loosing and i began to loose control around food

When I started to think about having the surgery EVERYONE was telling me I wasn't that fat and I could loose it on my own, well, you didn't "see the struggle people" of loosing even a pound so why should I listen to you when my guts says go for it girl so I did.

6 weeks later and 20 lbs lighter i am thrilled to say that i am sooo happy with my decision with 0 regrets.

My peogress is soooo slow but who cares, i am not in a race as long as I am loosing (not gaining) over time and it well worth every penny I paid off my pocket.

Good luck to all of you out there who took or planning to take the sleeve surgery.

I'm so glad I found this thread....

I've related to everything that is said here. I went to the initial consultation in April and was only a BMI of 34, with High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol, thrown in with a Pre-diabetic kicker. The surgeon said he wasn't going to log my weight that day, that I needed to hit every buffet in town and come back in 2 weeks. I obliged, then came back and my BMI was right at 35. After gnawing on my nails for a month during all the pre-op testing, I got insurance approval.

Surgery is set for a week from tomorrow...6/22. I'm on the pre-op diet now, a little hungry but manageable. Cutting out coffee and Diet Coke has been a struggle also, but also manageable.

We low-BMIers need to stick together and help each other along. Will be interested to hear your progress. I'm scared to death I'll be the only person in history that can't lose weight with the Sleeve.

This is exactly my story! I'm so glad I found this thread too!. My BMI finally hit 35.2 at the time of the consultation and I have PCOS, diabetes type 2, high cholesterol, depression, anxiety and controlled hypothyroidism. Hopefully, my doctor will submit my paperwork to the insurance tomorrow and I'm so nervous! My surgery is a revision from LapBand. I lost around 30 pounds with it, but I had so many complications that I need to have it removed. Unfortunately, my insurance wouldn't pay for the revision with my low BMI. So I had to gain all my weight back and start over. I'm so nervous that they would deny me! Prayers are appreciated!

Edited by lolarose13

My weight was 195 lbs (I'm 5'5) when I took the surgery, my BMI was around 32.

I noticed the last three years of my life I was gaining NOT loosing and i began to loose control around food

When I started to think about having the surgery EVERYONE was telling me I wasn't that fat and I could loose it on my own, well, you didn't "see the struggle people" of loosing even a pound so why should I listen to you when my guts says go for it girl so I did.

6 weeks later and 20 lbs lighter i am thrilled to say that i am sooo happy with my decision with 0 regrets.

My peogress is soooo slow but who cares, i am not in a race as long as I am loosing (not gaining) over time and it well worth every penny I paid off my pocket.

Good luck to all of you out there who took or planning to take the sleeve surgery.

I can so relate to this. No I wasn't morbidly obese but my weight kept creeping up. I had a really good loss the first two months. It's been super slow since but in the past if I stalled I would undo all my progress out of frustration. Not this time! Slowly but surely I will get to my goal!

Today is exactly one year that I got my revision from band to sleeve. My BMI at the time of surgery was 30 and insurance approved and paid 100% for it. I was told by the surgeon before hand that the weight loss would take time since I did not have very much to lose. I actually dropped the weight rather faster than expected and within 6 months I already was where I needed to be. Went from 226 down to 185.. Currently my weight fluctuates between 179-185. I know that human anatomy has alot to do with the weight reduction and as a guy it is much easier to drop the weight than a girl.

Hi guys! Finally insurance approved everything and I'm having surgery tomorrow! My current BMI is 33.

Nervous but excited!

My BMI is a 32. For a decade I've struggled with losing the same 1o pounds, gaining them back, etc. I can't get below BMI of 30 on my own. I was not approved by insurance but because of my documented history of being unable to lose weight and high blood pressure, my doctor is ready to move forward. I meet with her next week, am nervous but so excited to finally be done with this. Self-pay. I'm 44 and want to live as long as possible. I feel a little hypocritical because I'm not planning to tell people (except my husband and my parents, maybe my kids). I would never judge someone for making this choice but I believe I will be judged. For those of you that have gone down this road, is it true that weight loss will be more gradual? Also, how long from the time of blood work etc until actual surgery?

Thanks for sharing your stories!

My BMI is a 32. For a decade I've struggled with losing the same 1o pounds, gaining them back, etc. I can't get below BMI of 30 on my own. I was not approved by insurance but because of my documented history of being unable to lose weight and high blood pressure, my doctor is ready to move forward. I meet with her next week, am nervous but so excited to finally be done with this. Self-pay. I'm 44 and want to live as long as possible. I feel a little hypocritical because I'm not planning to tell people (except my husband and my parents, maybe my kids). I would never judge someone for making this choice but I believe I will be judged. For those of you that have gone down this road, is it true that weight loss will be more gradual? Also, how long from the time of blood work etc until actual surgery?

Thanks for sharing your stories!

Hey there! I sent you a pm- I know you are new, let me know if you can't find it. :) :)

Triple Threat you are where a lot of us were. Health issues and obese, but not morbidly. I was 33 BMI, lost 65 pounds in 7 months and have never felt so good. I'm 54 and have told almost no one. I've become an avid runner, so they all think it was done by that. Good luck! No regrets.

Edited by sleevenv

Triple Threat you are where a lot of us were. Health issues and obese, but not morbidly. I was 33 BMI, lost 65 pounds in 7 months and have never felt so good. I'm 54 and have told almost no one. I've become an avid runner, so they all think it was done by that. Good luck! No regrets.[/quote

Wow 65 pounds! That's incredible! Do you mind me asking your stats? I was a revision from band to sleeve on April 20th.

SW: 177

Cw: 161

Goal: 140

I'm 5'00", 44 incredibly active and feel amazing. I would love to lose faster but I will take it. Slow and steady wins the race right? :)

@@jaxmom I am 5'"6, SW/HW 205, sleeved 6/30/15 and hit 137 in February. I fluctuate 135-140. My goal was 150, but I flew passed it. I run 3 times a week on a treadmill (a 5k in approximately 32 minutes). I'm not fanatical about my diet because I eat carbs! I'm just really selective with what I indulge in. Honeymoon was over for me in March. Now it's work. Losing weight happens in the kitchen but maintenance happens in the gym!

Wish I knew! I am kind of like you..BMI of 35.2! I have 2 comorbidities (OSA and hypertension) I have my appt with my surgeon next week to meet and schedule my date. No intentions of telling anyone except my husband, two children and two of my friends who are supportive and trusted. I am not ashamed or embarrassed, I just don't want my weight loss tools to be an endless topic of discussion. I have done crossfit for a year, and do spin classes 3 x week. I have run 6 5k races in past year. I am an active person, but I see that Portion Control is my obstacle to success in my weight loss efforts. I am 5'4" and my weight is 207 but I want my goal wt to be 125. Hoping I can somehow cover my absences from dinners and eating events until I am able to eat a little "real food" so as not to encounter quizzing. How to do this??? I am determined to make it happen!! Here I go!

Edited by dke