Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What roles have you abandoned?

Weight Loss Surgery has changed me and how I approach my life. Here are a couple of significant things I notice I'm no longer available for -- how about you?

1) I am no longer a supporting actress, always putting some one else's needs above my own. Choosing myself first means every one else benefits but that's not the point. The point is I am showing up in my own life with my own needs at the top of the list. I wish I had done this twenty years ago!

2) I am not a human garbage can, lol. It's okay to throw out broken crackers instead of eating them. There are no more clean-plate awards for me. Now I love leaving food on my plate.

3) I am not down-playing my talents, features, personality, etc. and hiding out anymore. I wear makeup and have fun clothes now. I'm out there, out in my life.

I am glad you have found....YOU! Me? I am glad I can finish my meal, and it is FINISHED! When I look down, there is an UNINTERUPTED view of my feet! My pup can knock me over now because I am NO LONGER a LINEBACKER!

Do I MISS these...things? I'll get back to you, but I THINK not!!!

Isn't it wonderful that we finally can participate in our own lives instead of sitting on the sidelines while precious time passes?

Want to know what I did on Sunday? I walked on The Highline. It's an elevated walking trail that meanders along the far west side of Manhattan. It's a wonderful experience, this man-made oasis in the middle of this huge metropolis. It's been up for several years and only now can I make that trek.

Was not that long ago, one block had me exhausted and nearly crying in pain. The Highline is about a mile long..and I walked it up and back. How's that for regaining my life?

Cinnamon, dinner, yeast, egg- actually all rolls abandoned!! :P

Seriously though, I have abandoned the "I can't do that because I'm too big" role! I feel so free and there really isn't much that I won't at least try! If it doesn't work out right now, then maybe in another 20 pounds I'll try it again.

I'm no longer a secret eater. I no longer subscribe to an all-or-nothing mentality.

I no longer have to be constrained by my weight. I can run, jump, hike, run stairs, camp, etc.... I basically feel I can do absolutely anything I want to do!! It is a wonderful feeling of freedom to live life to the fullest.

I have abandoned my girly girl persona that I used to excuse the fact I was too overweight to enjoy outdoor activities. These days I am proud of my strong legs, endurance, sweat and my workout clothes!!

I also put me first!! After all, I am important.

I have abandoned the fear of the camera! Previously if I noticed someone took a picture of me, I would actually ask them to delete it. But now…. I take more "selfies" that I ever have in my life. My phone used to be filled with tons of photos of other people and other things. Now it is full of pictures of ME!!!

These are all so wonderful! I honestly feel like I've gotten my life back.