Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared I'm not going to lose weight....2 weeks post op

The ten thousand dollar question. This gets posted at least once a day. It's okay, you are fine. The weight will indeed come off. Some people are fast losers, others are slow losers. Others are steady losers and some even gain a bit from the IV. Just try and relax and follow your doctors instructions. It will happen.

Not sure where you got your expectations from, but if 5 pounds/week is disappointing then they were very unrealistic. At two weeks out I maybe lost about 3 pounds. (I don't know for sure because I only weighed at the doctors office the first 4 months) I do remember I was 17 pounds down at the 2 month mark. But that didn't stop me from hitting then passing my goal weight. Measure your success with NSVs, stick with your program, learn how to eat healthy, and STAY OFF THE scale. I promise you will be a hell of a lot happier.

this is my fear as well. too many friends and family speak of how i'll look different, what if i dont??? :o

I feel the same way!! I worry that I shelled out $12,200 (with $4000 from my parent?) and may not lose a significant amount, or look differently at all. I had a melt down earlier this week, I'm calmer now but am not completely over it. After receiving some sound advice and positive support from other posters I feel a bit more confident. So I think we all need to hang in there and just be patient.

*I feel like such a hypocrite after breaking down over the exact same thing (plus other things) just a few days ago. Smh. We'll get through it. :blush:

It's funny, I was having a similar conversation with my husband this evening. I'm going to my first follow up appointment tomorrow so I put on my same clothes I wore to the hospital, took the same picture with the same angle, lighting etc. As soon as I did a side by side comparison, I was shocked. I look fatter in the picture I just took! My first thought was, "great, I spent $14,000 to scar my stomach, not be able to eat, and now I look even fatter." But realistically, I know that's not the case. It will happen. I just need to be patient. And honestly, I don't regret having this done for a second. I have the rest of my life to make myself as healthy as I can be.

Would you have lost 10 if you didn't have the surgery? Celebrate that 10 pound loss!

Ive been having the same problem. Ive been so down thinking im not loosing enough im 2 weeks and 3 days out and lost 22lbs i feel like it should be alot more and having a hard time getting all my Water and protien in. ????

I lost 12 pounds in the first 2 wks and was over the moon with that. I want mine to come off slowly as im worried about saggy skin. A pound off is better than a pound on

@@Goldy6575

I think everyone has had this feeling of dread. I have been fearful that I would lose some and gain it all back but that cant happen now. We have been jaded by our past. You are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Trust me when i say this "You will lose your excess weight". You will no longer have a fear of failing cause this will work for you. Just follow the surgeons orders and you will look back at your self doubt and laugh about it. Be proud of each ounce of loss.

Please don't be so focused on the scale. I was banded in June 2013 and I was always on the scale each day. It was frustrating at first. But as I exercised and focused on following my portions and Protein...I eventually saw the lbs drop. It was really cool to see my inches disappear in my waist. Looking back, I think its best to weigh in weekly. I got so mad when the scale didn't budge. We all lost at a different pace. Try to find the positive in your success. Clothes are looser, compliments from a co-worker etc...if you stick to the rules you will continue to lose weight. Also, make sure to get in your Water...it really helped me. Continued success to you!

April 6th the day of my surgery I weighed 252, when I was discharged 2 days later I gained 5.5 pounds from IV fluids/ swelling. Now 8 days later I weigh 247 so I've lost the Water weight plus 5 more pounds. I feel that's reasonable. I know the feeling of it wanting it to come off sooner but I hope that I'm on track with where I should be.

Ive been having the same problem. Ive been so down thinking im not loosing enough im 2 weeks and 3 days out and lost 22lbs i feel like it should be alot more and having a hard time getting all my Water and protien in.

You lost 22lbs in 2 weeks and that's not good enough? How much more did you expect and why?

me too

I am 3 weeks out and 10 pound lost only

@@Goldy6575

I think everyone has had this feeling of dread. I have been fearful that I would lose some and gain it all back but that cant happen now. We have been jaded by our past. You are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Trust me when i say this "You will lose your excess weight". You will no longer have a fear of failing cause this will work for you. Just follow the surgeons orders and you will look back at your self doubt and laugh about it. Be proud of each ounce of loss.

Thanks so much, your words really helped. Have been used to so many failures... Just keep looking ahead. At first I was wishing I could just fast forward 6 months, but I'm thinking now I want to enjoy the journey!

Ive been having the same problem. Ive been so down thinking im not loosing enough im 2 weeks and 3 days out and lost 22lbs i feel like it should be alot more and having a hard time getting all my Water and protien in.

You lost 22lbs in 2 weeks and that's not good enough? How much more did you expect and why?

Well i thought it was good and im so glad ive lost anything. but ive seen many other people post there down alot more so i started beating myself up about it.

Ive been having the same problem. Ive been so down thinking im not loosing enough im 2 weeks and 3 days out and lost 22lbs i feel like it should be alot more and having a hard time getting all my Water and protien in. ????

Really 22pds in 2 weeks and you think you are not losing enough??? That is one of the fastest weight loss Ive heard of.

I wonder are doctors not giving patients realistic goals or are the patients setting unrealistic goals.