Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

I'm scheduled for surgery on May 7th! I'm both excited and terrified.

Does everyone have to do pre-op diet that's responded? I start mine April 21st.. I'm definitely doing the last meal thingy.. Anyone else got same idea?

I have to do 3 weeks of 5 Protein Shakes and 1 healthy meal. Then I do 1 week of Protein shakes and clear liquids. And yes, I'm doing the last suppers this week because I start the diet on Saturday, April 18.

I think that sounds more reasonable to follow than liquid only ... What are you gonna miss most? Me its gonna be pizza!!!????????????????????

I LOVE pizza too! My favorite food ever! I'm sure as we go along there'll be others that will be my favorite too.

Anything that involves cheese or Desserts lol ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I agree with you about cheese and sweets! That's how I got myself into this mess. I'm doing some last suppers this week but I've increased my Water and walk about 5 days a week. I just wanted to get used to these practices so it's not a shock next Saturday.

I'm a May patient. I am still asking myself if the sleeve has better results longtime than bypass. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm a May patient. I am still asking myself if the sleeve has better results longtime than bypass. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Gastric bypass has been the go to surgery for years, with the most research and cases to back it up, kinda hard to go against the facts. But obviously it's between you and your doctor. I want/need the dumping to be my hall monitor so to speak.. And I have acid issues so no sleeve for me even if I wanted.. Good luck on your research and journey.

You guys want to hear something awesome? Ok, I LOVE pizza too... It was a weekly meal at my house. I started my pre-op diet on the 13th of March. My surgery was on the 31st. I honestly haven't had a craving for pizza (or anything unhealthy honestly) since about 5 days after I started the pre-op diet. I haven't been hungry at all since surgery. It is such a relief to be outside of surgery and know that it is working. I know I'll eventually get hungry again and I'm sure there will be some cravings but at this point it seems like this will be manageable. Wish you guys luck on your surgeries!

I am scheduled for May 4th. My pre op diet is 2 Protein Shakes and a light dinner a day. I am to start the diet on 4/24. I'm a bit nervous but also looking forward to the days I can be more active.

I have severe acid reflux. I even had surgery to prevent it. It didn't work. My surgeon said the only way to get rid of it was the bypass. From my research people seem to lose more weight with the bypass.

You guys want to hear something awesome? Ok, I LOVE pizza too... It was a weekly meal at my house. I started my pre-op diet on the 13th of March. My surgery was on the 31st. I honestly haven't had a craving for pizza (or anything unhealthy honestly) since about 5 days after I started the pre-op diet. I haven't been hungry at all since surgery. It is such a relief to be outside of surgery and know that it is working. I know I'll eventually get hungry again and I'm sure there will be some cravings but at this point it seems like this will be manageable. Wish you guys luck on your surgeries!

I'm so glad to hear that about the craving. Pizza is a weekly thing at our house too. I feel fortunate that my husband said there's no need to fix separate meals. He'll eat what I fix.

I sure hope the cravings go away for me too!!!!