Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your food plan of choice.

Which food plan do you prefer?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which food plan do you prefer?

Can anyone suggest a Protein shake that is already prepared & tatsty. I need something that I can grab on the go in the morning.

Most that I know of are expensive, high calorie, high sugar, and low Protein. I'm sure there are a couple out there but I am not sure what they are.

Mine are easy, a half bottle of Water, one scoop of Matrix chocolate, two squirts of Da Vinci Raspberry Syrup, shake and drink. Takes me less than 60 seconds to make. It is about $0.50/serving over $2.00/can of prepared high cal stuff. It ends up being 120 calories, 2gms carbs, and 23gms protein.

Can anyone suggest a Protein shake that is already prepared & tatsty. I need something that I can grab on the go in the morning.

Naked juice makes a protien drink that is about 2.88 a bottle. It is made all natural with all fruit no added anything else except whey Protein. It has 40 grams of protien per bottle. I buy it at Walmart. the only bad thing is, it is 500 calories a bottle.

Naked juice makes a protien drink that is about 2.88 a bottle. It is made all natural with all fruit no added anything else except whey Protein. It has 40 grams of protien per bottle. I buy it at Walmart. the only bad thing is, it is 500 calories a bottle.

Wow... is one bottle a single serving or several servings?

Have you found any good low carb/low fat veggie recipes? Something REALLY easy?

PM me and I'll give you a couple of REALLY good recipes. I promise it won't be too hard. If I can make them, you can.

P.S.: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN????????????? :cry

And now for the obligatory llama I found while looking through the smilies. Enjoy! :llama:

LadyBlue,

What were the names of the books that you purchased. I've been looking for some good ones, but am afraid to purchase because I don't see a lot of reviews.

Thanks! :)

Lisa

50 - 60 carbs per day, will still let you lose weight... no need to be extreme as in Aitkins...

aim more for the South Beach Approach... Whole grains = healthy carbs + they have your needed fibre.

<p>

I dont follow one.</p> <p> </p> <p>I really believe that to follow a "food plan" call it whatever, its still a diet is to simply prolong the dysfunctional eating behaviours we all exhibit that got us where we are. Rules about what you can and cant eat, weighing, measuring, ignoring hunger, or eating when you're not hungry because you need x grams of Proteins, calling foods good and bad, none of it is healthy, rational or sane.</p> <p> </p> <p>Normal weight people who have never had a weigh problem tend to eat what the hell they want, whenever the hell they want. Most of the time, healthy bodies ask for healthy food, and of course you have to use your judgement if you "feel like" Mcdonalds seven times a week.</p> <p> </p> <p>But overall, that's just what I did/do and it worked for me and now I have broken that awful thinking about food obsession that I had, where it was food or my weight running through my head the whole time.</p> <p> </p> <p>Most days I eat really well, as I like healthy foods and they like my band a lot better than most junk. But some days I eat crap, sometiems for a few days on end if we have a lot on. doesnt matter, over time it all evens out, I get the nutrition I need, and my weight stays relatively stable.</p> <p> </p> <p>I truly believe dieting is the wrong way to approach being banded, but I know its personality dependent to a degree.
</p> <p>DEAR DOWN UNDER,</p> <p>I was banded in aug7-07,and am starting solid foods this week!I KNOW NUTS,RICE,AND RED meat,AND bread ARE NO-NO'S. So what are safe choices?I GET MY FIRST FILL BY DR.ACEVES IN 2 :help:WEEKS!I'M STARTING TO GET MORE HUNGRY LATELY,IS THIS NORMAL?</p>

Granted, I'm a newbie at this...my first fill is next week. I've been told to expect to be able to eat around 1/4 cup a meal. With that little bit of food (less than a cup a day), I don't see why I'd worry about low-cal or low-fat, as long as I wasn't 'drinking' my calories with milkshakes and such.

Seems like, if I follow the rules, its going to be hard to get to 1000 calories/day, and using the thumb rule of 12 for men, that would eventually put me at a equilibrium weight of...83 pounds?? (yikes)

using that thumb rule, and setting a target weight of 190, my daily caloric intake would be 2280, which is going to be tough on 3/4 cup of food per day, I'm guessing.

I live in Virginia,but had my lapband done in Mexico-self pay!I am totally impressed with dr.A,his staff,hospital etc-I'm going for my 1st FILL on Sept 17th,07.I was wondering what type of care your Va doctor gives you,especially your fills! I'd like to have a local back-up.

thanks!

I eat 3 meals a day..no more, no less. 4 oz or 1/2 C per meal...no more, no less. I make sure I get all my Water, Vitamins and Protein in daily.

I eat protein first and have no room for anything else after that. If I get hungry again at bedtime I just go to bed. No more food, regardless of how hard my stomach growls.:wacko:

i stick to southbeach, that's the only way i lose. I'm always on and off of it. when i'm off, I maintain. when i'm on I lose very well.

Granted, I'm a newbie at this...my first fill is next week. I've been told to expect to be able to eat around 1/4 cup a meal. With that little bit of food (less than a cup a day), I don't see why I'd worry about low-cal or low-fat, as long as I wasn't 'drinking' my calories with milkshakes and such.

Seems like, if I follow the rules, its going to be hard to get to 1000 calories/day, and using the thumb rule of 12 for men, that would eventually put me at a equilibrium weight of...83 pounds?? (yikes)

using that thumb rule, and setting a target weight of 190, my daily caloric intake would be 2280, which is going to be tough on 3/4 cup of food per day, I'm guessing.

DEAR DBA,

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR FILL EXPERIENCE GOES! I WAS BANDED IN Mexico, BUT AM ISO A VIRGINIA DOCTOR.REMEMBER TO INSIST THEY USE FLOUROSCOPY OR YOU RISK GETTING STUCK NUMEROUS TIMES AND AN INEFFECTIVE FILL. MY DOC SAYS IT'S LIKE POKING YOU BLINDFOLDED WITHOUT THE X-RAY. THANKS! SUSAN

I eat three balanced meals a day. I avoid sugar, white flour, and anything that is heavily processed. As much as possible I buy local, organic foods.

I am off my meds for type 2 diabetes, feel healthy, and I am steadily losing weight.

Can anyone suggest a Protein Shake that is already prepared & tatsty. I need something that I can grab on the go in the morning.

I still use the EAS premixed shakes. I usually buy a case of chocolate fudge from Sams. 110 calories, 3g fat, 2 carbs, 17g protien! You can get a 4 pack at Walmart or Target. They have other flavors too. Strawberries and creme, vanilla. I like them all!