Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a gastric sleeve 2 years ago with minimal sucess. My surgeon is pushing me to have the SIPS procedure. Anyone out there with experience with this surgery?

Try doing a search on the forums. Also look under duodonal switch. I'm not familar with it, but there may be others who are.

@@SOPHIAAGETTYS80 - Thanks for clarifying. I hope you can get some resolution to this. Please keep us posted.

@@Cleo's Mom: I agree 100%. I obtained my surgical report and was astonished to see that the surgeon I had paid to do my surgery was not the surgeon who actually did my surgery. It was another surgeon from the same hospital. Apparently this is common. I was livid.

I just got the call from the new bariatric surgeon's nurse! My sleeve IS too big and will require a revision if I wish to do so! So I'm meeting with the dietician to stay on point and from there we will have a follow up appt to discuss next steps! Again thank you all for your kind words and support. I'm working on getting the surgical medical records for this DR to see now and I'll keep you all updated.

Sophia, I would love for you to keep us posted. I had my sleeve 3.5 years ago and it has failed. It's takem me three years to realize it's NOT ME. Tons of therapy and nutrition appointments later, I am convinced my little sleeve is damaged :( I am also following up with a new bariatric surgeon in a week and I'm wondering what he'll say. My desire would be for a re-sleeve since I can eat a lot of volume and have NO wish to revise to a GP or any other rerouting surgery.

Can't wait to hear what your surgeon has to say! Thanks for the updates!

I said the same thing, until I really did a lot of research on the MGB. I honestly think that over time we will continue to see issues with the sleeve and weight regain and stretching it back out. Maybe some people have stretchier stomachs than others, I'm not saying I know why, but I was 100 % convinced being resleeved made sense to me until I knew what the MGB was actually about. I guess I'm just saying don't be put off by the thought of it until you really research it. Keep an open mind ;)

@@VSGAnn2014 Congratulations on your weight loss! I just noticed that you are almost at your goal! Wow.

Procedures can fail to give the desired result, but you are not a failure that's for sure. Keep running and do the next indicated right thing. Forward Energy! :)

Band07 i have to ask, why would you possibly do a revision to a bypass with only 30 pounds left to lose? i would honestly, and again this is just me, slap any doctor i found that would agree to that surgery. Even if you fel you cannot maintain.

My current weight is 180, my BMI is 30.9, my highest weight ever was 260, I know after living with a very restrictive band for so long that my body got used to less calories, I'm willing to do my part, I still go to Crossfit 3x a week and try hard to eat right, but I know I need a tool and right now I don't have one. Iv had a continuous slow gain since I revised to sleeve, it's just a matter of time until I put it all back on if I don't do this.

@@Band07 So you had the band, then sleeve and now your going for BP? My sister in law had her first band (2008 i think) done in Mexico... 4cc and it didn't work our for her at all. she didn't lose anything, in fact, she got bigger. So a few years later, she had her band removed and a new one put in place (it was around 2010ish). she lost a few... but not anything to brag about. 2012ish she had that band removed and got the GB done... she has done really well with this. She reached her goal weight in about a year.

Now on the flip side, I have had 5 other friends that had GB... All of them lost extreme amounts of weight..... All of them regained it with in 4 years after surgery.

Just saying...

Yes, I know it sounds terrible, I may as well not even have a "sleeve" though. Did they have the MGB ? There is a difference, the MGB seems to show better long term weight loss..

Please don't mistake my post .... i'm deff. not judging you and if it came across that way... im sorry.... I was just making sure i read that right. I have the band... What happened that you got your out if you don't mind me asking

Edited by bayougirlmrsc

Please don't mistake my post .... i'm deff. not judging you and if it came across that way... im sorry.... I was just making sure i read that right. I have the band... What happened that you got your out if you don't mind me asking

I didn't take it as judging though I have gotten that a few time by others who ask why I think a 3rd surgery would help if the 2 before didn't or the suggestions that I seek counseling lol I loved my band, I did very well, it changed my life. I kept it very tight however and I had a lot of reflux and back and shoulder pain and honestly after 6 years I was sick of feeling stuck all the time, sometimes I would be up all night uncomfortable because of something I ate hours before. I also had a couple of dilated pouches so I knew it was already not what it had been in the beginning. When the sleeve came out everyone said how amazing it was and how you never felt "stuck" just full. I had also read a few things about the band embedding into the liver over time and I just got worried that only being 35 at the time, what would another 10/20/30 years be like with the band, that was scary to me so i had it removed.