Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Tablespoons of Food. Really?

Best thing if all you want is Protein is Isopure. It's sold at GNC. 20oz drink has 40g of protein, 0 sugar, 0 carbs and 160 calories. They have 5 or 6 different flavors..... It's like gatorade

Adkins shakes are the best!! 15g of Protein and only 150 cal and 2 carbs.

I prefer EAS AdvantEDGE carb control. 17g of Protein and 110 calories. The Rich Dark chocolate is super yummy!

Ok, so I talked to my Doc. They said 4oz of food 3 times a day is fine, perfect actually. If I can tolerate that now that means my healing is probably going quicker than expected hence why I can fit more food in my stomach.

She said that once I start on solids next week I will be able to eat much less and feel full quicker.

Also for the Protein shake, while Atkins may be good, try the Premier Protein. 30g of Protein, 160 cals and 1g of Sugar (or 2g of Sugar in the 14 oz).

Saludos!
David

I was fine with Atkins, EAS and Premier Protein until I tried Matrix and Nectars by Syntrax. I bought samples from MyBariatricPantry. They are sooooo much better than the pre-made shakes. Much higher in Protein too. 23 grams plus 7 grams for the milk. They mix up well, not as sweet as the pre-mades. I have Matrix Peanut Butter Cookie and the vanilla.

The vanilla I can do all kinds of things with it. I can add peaches or mangos or strawberries and puree with the immersion blender. I use no sugar added frozen fruit (thawed). I added SF Hershey's Syrup. I just picked up a 6 pack of SF Da Vinci syrups. I now have brown sugar/cinnamon, pumpkin, gingerbread, salted caramel, vanilla and one other I can't remember.

I love strawberries but don't like strawberry flavored anything. I liked the Matrix strawberry and Cream and the Nectars Strawberry Mousse. Orange and Cream was good. The fruit ones are subtly flavored not overly strong. I know the Fuzzy Navel is a favorite for many people. My co-worker who banded 6 years ago likes the Orange Cream. She will add either OJ or Milk.

The pre-mades are convenient but now that I have had the Matrix and Nectars there is no going back. I have a ton of Premier chocolate and vanilla sitting in my dining room. I need to rehome them. Anyone local to Pottstown, PA or Wilmington, DE want them? Free to good home. Too much money to ship.

I am 8 months PO and I still only get about 4 or 5 tiny bites in. I was still getting about 3 or 4 at 4 months on! dont push it. I had days that food was not appealing and I took a few bites anyways. solids were differant then liquids for me. I was doing shakes , small yogurt as in just a few bites at a time, few spoons of Soup for 4 or 5 months. I don't push it and I have not even had a NUT visit since having surgery. I had a protocol print out of diet with limits on portion sizes we went over and that was it. Im 8 months and still only get it in maybe 6 small bites depending on what we're having. I control my portions. BW has come back perfect. I was buying the Protein Drink mixes also so I would get my Protein even if I was drinking it and I bought unflavoured Protein Powder and I would add a teas in everything! whether it was hot tea coffee, pudding, yogurt soup etc...you get the idea!

I just think I have one of the most conservative programs in the country lol. I won't be approved for meat for 5 weeks. And when I'm cleared I will only be allowed to eat about an ounce.

I don't even move to meat until I am 10 weeks!

Everybody's post op diet is different depending on pouch size and how much weight is needed to lose to reach goal weight. I'm sure it is very frustrating, I'm almost there myself. Just stay focused and remember the long term goal here. It's only a phase and u will get there and be very happy. Goof luck!!

I need to ask a quick question if poss anyone wud know! I am scared I have stuffed mine up! Had surgery 13th March and I can eat half a tin of Soup in a sittin quite happily! I am freaking that I have already stretched my sleeve

@@Hertsukfem31

• What kind of Soup?
  • I doubt you've stretched your sleeve with what is often mostly liquid.
  • Why did you not stop?

see also what @@DisforDavid's doctor told him.

Did you watch the leak test? Liquids pretty much pass right through you. You will feel the tightness when you start eating more solid food. Being able to finish more of a mostly liquid food is expected.

Did you watch the leak test? Liquids pretty much pass right through you. You will feel the tightness when you start eating more solid food. Being able to finish more of a mostly liquid food is expected.

I think they do it different in the uk as we don't watch anything or get told anything bout leak tests

I drank sips of some sort of radioactive liquid and I watched a screen that showed an xray view of my stomach. The liquid went in, pooled for a second in my stomach, and then moved on through. It doesn't sit there until it gets broken dowN like solid food does.

I'm in the US & never had or saw a leak test until someone posted an illustration on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Bicti4fGM84 is a video of a leak test. You can see how quickly the liquid moves through.