Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Tablespoons of Food. Really?

@@Hertsukfem31 The others are right. Some people have trouble with liquids immediately post-op just due to swelling, but liquids won't fill your sleeve for long if you aren't swollen. Liquids pass through the sleeve in a matter of seconds. Trust and believe that you WILL feel restriction when you move on to more solid foods!

Ok thank u, I had awful trouble for 3 days after my surgery but now I'm on day 9 and it's like I never had surgery where fluids R concerned! Ice cream gives me awful gurgling noises when I have it so Mayb it's telling me that I am full!

My surgeon does the leak test while your still in OR..under.

Yep! And believe me, you will say, "I'm full!"

Edited by JCP

now I'm on day 9 and it's like I never had surgery where fluids R concerned! Ice cream gives me awful gurgling noises

Why on earth are you eating ice cream???

now I'm on day 9 and it's like I never had surgery where fluids R concerned! Ice cream gives me awful gurgling noises

I'm eating ice cream because my consultant told me to as I can't keep much in there!

Did you watch the leak test? liquids pretty much pass right through you. You will feel the tightness when you start eating more solid food. Being able to finish more of a mostly liquid food is expected.

I think they do it different in the uk as we don't watch anything or get told anything bout leak tests

I am in the uk .... I had a leak test! :-) which hospital did you use? I am 4 weeks out now.

Did you watch the leak test? Liquids pretty much pass right through you. You will feel the tightness when you start eating more solid food. Being able to finish more of a mostly liquid food is expected.

I think they do it different in the uk as we don't watch anything or get told anything bout leak tests
I am in the uk .... I had a leak test! :-) which hospital did you use? I am 4 weeks out now.

I had it private at spire hospital

I had it private at spire too :-)

I'm eating ice cream because my consultant told me to as I can't keep much in there!

Then you're doing what all the veterans on here advise - to listen to your consultant (NUT/doctor) and not what strangers on the internet say.

So clearly we are all very different in what we are advised to do and also with the amounts we can tolerate.

From day seven I was allowed purees, Soups, cottage cheese, tuna, scrambled egg & yogurt. I could eat 2-3 ounces depending on what it was. 2 tablespoons? wouldn't have cut it for me.

Now I am 5 weeks out and can eat 2-4 ounces depending (more dense Proteins are more filling) but generally I weigh my meals to between 3-3 1/2 ounces and usually finish it.

My surgeon says he makes his patients sleeves slightly larger than the norm, so this may be why I can eat a little more.

I have had virtually zero issues, no nausea, vomiting or severe pain/discomfort that I was so terrified of before surgery.

I am certainly NOT suggesting that you go against your program, but I do agree that your protocol seems pretty conservative.

Maybe your surgeon makes his sleeves on the smallish side, ONLY you will know what feels right once you start.

My NUT gave me a piece of advice that is so simple yet brilliant. She said " if you REALLY listen to your body you will not go wrong".

Interesting! I'd love to know what the rest of your plan looks like.

Ice cream makes me hurl. Two bites and I am face down in the toilet.

Cream of Tomato Soup, oxtail Soup, any sorts of Soups as long as not got big lumps in it! I am now on soft foods so I can have things like mash potato with some cheese on it, I'm allowed mince with sauce as long as it's smashed down

What is mince? :) You aren't US, are you? :D

Cream of Tomato Soup, oxtail Soup, any sorts of Soups as long as not got big lumps in it! I am now on soft foods so I can have things like mash potato with some cheese on it, I'm allowed mince with sauce as long as it's smashed down